“WE’RE GOING TO MICKEY’S HOUSE!" ...aka the trip that drove me up a wall. - THE END!!

Shopping, smashed screens, and a train ride

So, we headed into some shops around Africa aka one of the many places in Animal Kingdom that has beautiful architecture. Why I haven't taken pictures of all of the buildings seems ridiculous to moi. You guys would think I would have 49679014376807680340 zillion (yes, that is a number) pictures of Animal Kingdom since I love it so much. Y'all should know that if you read my first TR. If you haven't, I don't know what to say to you.

BACK TO SHOPPING.

So we headed into some store with an African name and I obsessed over all of the awesome Animal Kingdom merch. GAHHHH. I love it all.
disneynovember2012202.jpg

Awesome Christmas decorations.
disneynovember2012203.jpg

Why can't you buy these ornaments from Disney?!
disneynovember2012204.jpg

Then I saw this awesome shirt I wanted. I needed to have it. I looked through all of the sizes and they only had extra smalls and ones that would fit pooh sized people. And no, I'm not hatin' on Pooh sized people. Duffy does that...
So I went up to a CM and asked if they had anymore sizes since I am not a toothpick or a Pooh sized person. She went in the back and came out with nothing. Awesome. So she told me where they might have other sizes. She got a map for me and pointed out the stores. In my head I was like "I know where all of these stores are. You dont have to tell me. I know you are trying to help but I dont need it. I know this whole park inside and out."

So we went down towards the Tree of Life because the CM that thought I was clueless told me I might be able to find the shirt in Island Mercantile.

So we went in there and I couldn't find it. I was heartbroken. I REALLY wanted it!

Christmas decorations in there.
disneynovember2012205.jpg

I was on my iTouch in there (probably tweeting) and at the same time, I was fumbling for my camera to take a picture. So, in result of that, my iTouch fell to the ground and the screen got smashed. And the thing is, the screen didn't even land on the floor so I don't know how that happened!
So I picked it up and I was like, awesome. Of course I didnt want to crack half of the screen, but I was in Disney so its not like I could go to that scary place (aka off property) and get it fixed. And that still hasn't happened yet, but it still works perfectly fine. For now...
I was just kind of surprised the screen got smashed because I have dropped PLENTY of times before and nothing has happened. Of course it HAD to be in Disney.

After I put my iTouch back in my pocket like nothing ever happened, I SAW THE AIR FRESHENERS. They got to the parks A DAY AFTER WE LEFT in August and I was so sad. I mean, who doesn't want their car to smell like a Mickey bar?! Our car does!
disneynovember2012206.jpg

Right next to the most amazing bumper stickers that Mum won't not let me stick to her car. I mean, my other--well my ONLY car--is a doombuggy, DUH.

So I got a Mickey Bar one for my locker and Mum got one for her car, like I said.

After we finished up in Island Mercantile, Mum's phone went off because Jackie texted her they were just getting to the park--hopefully the right one...--and it was almost 11. As you can tell, I wasn't too happy about that.
So I sent a text back (HOPING they would get it) saying to meet us at the Tree of Life. I mean, you really can't miss the amazing masterpiece...just like my other trip report...

So we stood in front of the Kodak picture spot thing (which will sadly be gone at the end of the month!) and I just hoped they would be there.

AND THANK THE HIGH HEAVENS THEY WERE. It must have been all of the repeating I did earlier.

Troy hopped out of his stroller and gave me a giant hug.

And then the complaining started. Not from Troy though. From his mother.

"Oh my god, why is it so crowded? Why are all the lines so long? Why this? Why that?"

Oh, I dont know...

YOU ONLY GOT HERE TWO HOURS AFTER THE CRAPPIN PARK OPENED FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD YOU IDIOTS. MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT SLEEP IN LOSERS.

I'm done now.

After we said hello and heard some complaining, we headed back into Africa to get Fastpasses for Kilimanjaro. Troy wanted to see some animals so this was going to be perfect! And he loved rides of course. Well, that's what they were at Disney for...

Troy was very intrigued with the giant giraffe, as you can see.
disneynovember2012207.jpg

Once we got near Kilimanjaro, I headed into the crowd of people to get FPs. Seriously, it was PACKED. I have never seen it so crowded in my life. It was pure craziness that day. I hate you Thanksgiving crowds!

I stood in the line to get FPs and I encountered many stupid guests to say the least.

I FINALLY got them after like a 5-10 minute, no joke, and headed back to "the other people" plus Mum.

We got FPs for 11:55-12:55.
disneynovember2012209.jpg

Troy then said he wanted his face painted so we got in line for him. Then he said 5 minutes later that he didn't. Make up your mind, kid!

Since he didn't want to do that, we decided to go to Rafiki's Planet Watch, which we had never been to before! I was very excited since it was something new for me to experience.

My wonderful pal Susan (aka jecskc on here) was at AK that day and said she saw me going into Rafiki's Planet Watch and I was holding Troy's hand with my hand on my hip. And she said Mum was shaking her head. I don't remember what was going on at all but I guess "the other people" were up to it again!
Sadly, it was too crowded for Susan to get over to me so we didn't get to have a DISmeet. Maybe next time! :-)

So we got in line and waited the train. Troy was VERY excited to be going on the train because he loves them.

It came soon and then we had to wait for all of the people that dont listen to fold up their strollers so we could get on. I hate people, if you haven't noticed.

If you didnt know, the train goes sideways, which I thought was cool.
disneynovember2012210.jpg

Troy climbed up on the back row and I sat next to him.

He was waiting very patiently for the train to go.
disneynovember2012212.jpg

:-)
disneynovember2012213.jpg

The old man next to him (well not RIGHT next to him) looks very thrilled.
disneynovember2012217.jpg

Sorry old man if you see this picture.

So once we got off the train, I took Troy by the hand since hes a small child and Mum grabbed my hand since I'm also a small child.

Hello Rafiki!
disneynovember2012221.jpg

Once we got down the path, Troy had a meltdown. I don't even remember why, but he was screaming and crying. I think it was because he wanted goldfish but Seth wouldnt let him take them in or something. So Troy and Seth had a loving father to son conversation (not really) and Troy went inside nice and calm.

trpic3.jpg

disneynovember2012224.jpg

Once we got inside, Troy was yelling "TAKE A PICTURE TAKE A PICTURE!" He loved all of the animals on the walls and was yelling "NEMO!" when his saw the clownfish.

I had mission to find this Hidden Mickey. It's really not that hard to find it.
disneynovember2012225.jpg

We looked around for a little bit and saw some animals. It was a great little area!

Baby turtles!
disneynovember2012229.jpg

...and thats all I took a picture of in there. Yeah.

So then we headed outside and looked in the little outdoor store. I was hoping I would find the shirt I wanted, but that didn't happen.

Troy found some animal puppets and was very excited about them.
disneynovember2012230.jpg

He found them awesome, as you can see.

And then it was time to pet some goats! And some pigs! No, not Glitzy. But Glitzy is awesome and DID YOU GUYS HEAR HONEY BOO BOO IS COMING BACK NEXT MONTH?! SO. EXCITED. Yes, I watch shows about rednecks, you new readers. I'm a freak, get used to it.​

It was crazy crowded that day. We made the best of it though. GAH !! I was so close to you. I should have just run over all of those people to see you !!!

It was crazy crowded that day. We made the best of it though. GAH !! I was so close to you. I should have just run over all of those people to see you !!!

It really was! Yeah, we did too. I have NEVER seen AK that busy before.
You should've ran over everyone with your scooter to get to moi. That would be so awesome!​

It really was! Yeah, we did too. I have NEVER seen AK that busy before.
You should've ran over everyone with your scooter to get to moi. That would be so awesome!​

I really considered it. And maybe I considered it on other occasions during the trip ............. maybe. You know, running over some people ....

I actually had my cell phone screen crack badly when I was there in March. I think that they have something in the walk ways that make screens crack lol. I have dropped it numerous times and that was the only time it has cracked.

"And no, I'm not hatin' on Pooh sized people. Duffy does that..."
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH HE DOES :rotfl:

Wow I really would have thought the other people who have not found the tree of life....

You hate people?! I hate people too!

I really considered it. And maybe I considered it on other occasions during the trip ............. maybe. You know, running over some people ....

I totally understand! I wish I had an ECV to run people over with sometimes…

I actually had my cell phone screen crack badly when I was there in March. I think that they have something in the walk ways that make screens crack lol. I have dropped it numerous times and that was the only time it has cracked.

Haha they must!
Yeah, I must’ve dropped it 500000 times before and it had to crack at Disney!

"And no, I'm not hatin' on Pooh sized people. Duffy does that..."
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH HE DOES :rotfl:

Wow I really would have thought the other people who have not found the tree of life....

You hate people?! I hate people too!

DUFFY IS RUDE!
I know, right?! I mean, they can’t find anything else…
Oh really? Wow! Just another thing we have in common…​

I think I must be too old to read your trip report. I know people can be frustrating when they don't do what you want when you want but I think you have tolerance issues :rotfl2:

Oh, Fox and Hounds and horses? Fox hunting my dear :thumbsup2

:santa: MERRY (belated) CHRISTMAS! :santa:
waltdisneywallpapersthe.jpg

I hope y'all had a wonderful day with your families. And I hope Santa brought you everything you wanted!
As a very late Christmas gift, I will have an update posted ASAP. I haven't been able to write because we have been running around like crazy and we had to see "the other people." :crazy2: It was a lot of fun to say the least...:rolleyes:

Goats and Glitzy

I bet y’all were jumping up and down and cheering when you saw in my title “NEW 12/28x2” Finally, an update, I know! TWO UPDATES! I mean, it’s taken me so long to write one because I have been enjoying my time with “the other people” over the holidays so much. I hope you can see the sarcasm there… Ok, ok. Let’s start this thing!

So five million years ago—well actually 8 days ago…—we were off to go visit some goats and some pigs. Mum and Mimi stood outside and watched us since they didn’t want to mess up their outfits, hair, or anything else.

I brought Troy in and then Seth and Jackie joined us.

Troy picked up a brush and then continued to run around the area trying to brush a goat.

On the move…
disneynovember2012233.jpg

And you’re welcome for the picture of a goat’s behind.

disneynovember2012234.jpg

Watchin’ the goats…eat sand?
disneynovember2012235.jpg

disneynovember2012238.jpg

IT’S GLITZY!!!!
disneynovember2012239.jpg

Oink oink!
disneynovember2012240.jpg

Where’s Honey Boo Boo at?!

disneynovember2012241.jpg

I don’t blame this goat for running away. Those kids are scary!
disneynovember2012242.jpg

Troy was done with the goats and Glitzy, so we washed our hands and then headed back down to the train station.

A train came soon and we had a nice train ride back to Africa.

Once we got back, “the other people” had to unfold the stroller, have Troy get inside, make sure he was comfortable… It was a process. Which was just stupid since we he was going to get out of it in two seconds anyway!

So Mum and I went ahead and waited for “the other people.”

We took a wonderful picture together, as you can see.
disneynovember2012243.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THE DISNEY DETAILS AT THE TRAIN STATION ♥♥♥♥♥♥
disneynovember2012244.jpg

Reason 247489658934658964895689645 why I love Animal Kingdom.

FINALLY, “the other people” were done getting Troy all set and it was time to use our FPs!

So we headed for the FP line and oh my dear god. The line was all the way back to the Pangani Trail! And this was the Fastpass line for cryin’ out loud! I mean, the line felt like it went on forever. There were people everywhere and I was holding Mum’s hand while trying to lead the way, not loose anyone, and crowd dodge people. It was pure craziness. Finally, I saw the end of the line and it was like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

CMs were telling us that it would only be a 10 minute wait and I didn’t believe that AT ALL. The line was HUGE and I knew we were going to be waiting a while even though we had FPs and all.

I was wrong.

Seriously, we got up to the front in like 5 minutes. Don’t ask me how.

Time for a safari!
trpic4.jpg

I got the edge again which I was very happy about.

I sat in one row with Mum and Mimi and then “the other people (minus one)” sat behind us.

Troy looks like an old man in this picture.
disneynovember2012245.jpg

So once we started going, Troy wanted his goldfish and I told “the other people (minus one)” he couldn’t eat since oh I don’t know, THEY TELL YOU YOU CAN’T. Seth was like “Oh, its fine!” I just turned around and rolled my eyes.

The 100000 animal pictures will be in the next update, since I take so many and they will exceed the 25 photo limit.​

Another chapter full of animal pictures

Ready for another update full of animal pictures? Yes? No? Well if you answered no then I don’t know what to tell you.

So we journeyed back into the African savannah for a two week trip. Good thing we packed a lot of goldfish…

First up were the okapis!
disneynovember2012246.jpg

Then we saw the hippos AND THEY WERE OUT OF THE WATER. I have never seen them like that and it was so cool.
disneynovember2012248.jpg

They are really big and wrinkly…like someone I know… I LOVE YOU MUM! ♥

Giraffes!
disneynovember2012249.jpg

disneynovember2012252.jpg

disneynovember2012255.jpg

It looks like Troy is trying to speak some animal language. MAYBE HE SPEAKS CROCODILIAN! OMG!
disneynovember2012258.jpg

Waiting to see some more animals…
disneynovember2012259.jpg

I have no clue what was so funny…
disneynovember2012260.jpg

Wrinkly big creatures (no, not hippos...or someone else...)!
disneynovember2012262.jpg

disneynovember2012264.jpg

Then we saw some more rhinos and they crossed right in front of us again because they are so nice and all.
disneynovember2012266.jpg

disneynovember2012267.jpg

disneynovember2012268.jpg

They were coming SO close to us and Troy was flipping out. He was so excited!
disneynovember2012269.jpg

Rhino booty!
disneynovember2012270.jpg

Then all of a sudden, we came up on the lions and ONE WAS OUT AND AWAKE. It was AMAZING. He sat right up when we went by, which was an AWESOME picture opportunity!
disneynovember2012274.jpg

Just look at him!

An ostrich. Not as cool as the lion.
disneynovember2012277.jpg

Ostrich booty!
disneynovember2012278.jpg

disneynovember2012279.jpg

Why do I have so many pictures of the ostrich and NOT THE WORLD’S MOST AMAZING ANIMAL AKA THE WARTHOG?!?! Seriously, I don’t have ONE picture of a warthog from this safari. WHAT THE CRAP IS WRONG WITH ME?! You woulda—yes woulda is a real word—thought I woulda had 500000 pictures of the young warthogs. SO MAD AT MYSELF.

And last but not least, zebras!
disneynovember2012280.jpg

Our two week journey came to an end very quickly and no, we did not get eaten by any animals because SOME people had food out… I wonder who that could be.

If you have time, I would definitely go on more than one safari while at Animal Kingdom. Just like your tour guide says at the end of the safari, you will always have a different experience!​

haha Meg. You are a riot. I say that with sarcasm, if you couldn't tell. Nice hippo comment. I think a few of your Christmas presents might go missing....:scratchin

haha Meg. You are a riot. I say that with sarcasm, if you couldn't tell. Nice hippo comment. I think a few of your Christmas presents might go missing....:scratchin

Oh you're welcome Mum! I thought you would like that comment. LOVE YA!
OMG NOOOO!!!! Don't take my Kindle away! I couldn't live without Temple Run!!!!!!!​

jecskc said:
So THAT's where you have been ......

Did ya get the Brave version of it ??

I think my brain is rotting because I have been playing it nonstop.
OF COURSE I DID.​

You TR is amazing....I have been on the type of trip you are talking about here. There were 13 of us and only 4 of us could get to the right place at the right time. After about the 3rd day, I told DH I had enough and was going to do my own thing.

You TR is amazing....I have been on the type of trip you are talking about here. There were 13 of us and only 4 of us could get to the right place at the right time. After about the 3rd day, I told DH I had enough and was going to do my own thing.

Thank you!!!
I don't think I could do a trip with 13 people, especially with 9 (look at my mad math skills!) that couldn't be at the right place at the right time. And I thought 3 people were bad! :laughing:
I wish Mum and I could've done our own thing. Sadly, that couldn't be a choice with 3 clueless people and a little kid.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter