“WE’RE GOING TO MICKEY’S HOUSE!" ...aka the trip that drove me up a wall. - THE END!!

popcorn:: I love your trip report, I can't wait for more!! I was thinking of going to Disney this summer with a friend who is not that "into" Disney. She is already talking about staying off property--WHAT?? No way, I think I will salvage the friendship and not go with her. I have not patience for haters (of Disney).

popcorn:: I love your trip report, I can't wait for more!! I was thinking of going to Disney this summer with a friend who is not that "into" Disney. She is already talking about staying off property--WHAT?? No way, I think I will salvage the friendship and not go with her. I have not patience for haters (of Disney).

Ok, first of all, I LOVE your name on here! iluvdoombuggies = ♥♥♥!
Anyways, thank you!!!
OFF PROPERTY?! IS SHE NUTS?! I'm sorry, but why? Seth and Jackie were going to stay off property at first and I couldn't believe it!
Same here. Disney haters are not my friends.​

You’re welcome :-)
17 OTHER PEOPLE?! :scared1: Holy crap, all I can say is GOOD LUCK! And no other Disney lovers?! I think you should go to the spa at the Grand Floridian or something for a reward with putting up with everyone. :rotfl:
...​
Yep. 17. I'm hearing that a couple of them are anxious now that they've finally watched the planning DVD. I've provided all the Moms with links to ADR information, maps, and such. I've made two ADRS for the whole group (first and last day) at my Dad-in-law's request.

My 4 year old nephew is coming with the Hubs and I. This will be his third trip already. I have our week pretty much mapped out, not planned to the minute/hour, but mapped out and ADRs done.

LOVE your pictures of the lights. Can't say I've ever considered going this time of year. Though, the more pictures I see, the more I think I should. ;)

Yep. 17. I'm hearing that a couple of them are anxious now that they've finally watched the planning DVD. I've provided all the Moms with links to ADR information, maps, and such. I've made two ADRS for the whole group (first and last day) at my Dad-in-law's request.

Like I said, GOOD LUCK!

My 4 year old nephew is coming with the Hubs and I. This will be his third trip already. I have our week pretty much mapped out, not planned to the minute/hour, but mapped out and ADRs done.

That is such a good age!
Yeah, we are just like you. We plan park days, ADRs, resorts, etc., but not like which ride we are going on at what time. That gets a little crazy.

LOVE your pictures of the lights. Can't say I've ever considered going this time of year. Though, the more pictures I see, the more I think I should. ;)

Thank you! You should really go during the Christmas season one year to see all of the decorations!

Getting to Animal Kingdom!

November 23rd

RISE AND SHINE!

Mum and I both woke up before the alarm, which I set for 6:45. Meanwhile at All Star Sports, “the other people (minus one)” were still sleeping, which would last for like two more hours, since they don’t realize Disney is not the place to relax or to sleep. When you are on vacation with moi, you are lucky to have a maximum of 6 hours of sleep per night. Or less. I’m just sayin’.

Anyways, we got ready and Mimi MADE HER BED. I know we weren’t going to have mousekeeping come because we weren’t going to be there for 3+ days, but you are supposed to escape everyday life while at Disney, and yes that includes making your bed. Wait. I never make my bed, so I guess I wasn’t really escaping everyday life. Oh well.

I texted both Seth and Jackie saying what park we were headed to that day, blah blah blah. I knew they were still sleeping, but whatever. I was hoping the text would make some loud noise to wake them up.

Then I watched a little TV. Not “real TV.” That’s awful.

The best way to start your morning is with Stacey.

DUH.

"IT'S YETI TIME!" ♥♥♥

YUM WOW! *waits five seconds* YUM WOW!

I will never get enough of Stacey.

After I watched some of my idol—well one of them, anyways—Mum and I then headed down to Artist’s Palette to get some breakfast. We usually have groceries but it was going to be a pain in the behind to get all of the cold stuff to the two other resorts, so we ended up just buying something every day. And by that I mean chocolate croissants, well at least for me.

I can see my breath outside. In Florida.

It was ch-ch-ch-chilly outside that morning!

While at the Artist’s Palette, I pin traded for an Eve(ah) (say that like this) pin and Mum got a DVC sweatshirt that is blue and says something like DVC member on it so she can let the whole world know how awesome we are.

Once we got back to the room, I devoured this puppy.
disneynovember2012141.jpg

FIRST CHOCOLATE CROISSANT OF THE TRIP. ♥♥♥♥

I was on cloud nine.

Mum and Mimi got plain ol’ bagels. How awful.

I went outside on our porch for a second and admired our beautiful view. The Characters in Flight balloon was up on this fine morning!
disneynovember2012142.jpg

disneynovember2012146.jpg

It was about 8:45 and we were just about to head to the bus stop when Seth called. And they just got up. Some people will never understand. Dear God.
He said Troy was up at 5 asking to go to the park. THAT’S MY COUSIN! I knew he was awesome. But they made him go back to sleep and they all just got up. I told them to go to Animal Kingdom and I repeated myself like five times so they would know to go to the right park.

We finally got down to the bus stop and a bus got there pretty quickly.
disneynovember2012147.jpg

We arrived at Animal Kingdom at about 9:20, which in my opinion, is way too late, but I would live.

We got up to the entrance and I saw the Christmas tree. And oh my god, I was in love.
disneynovember2012148.jpg

disneynovember2012149.jpg

disneynovember2012150.jpg

disneynovember2012151.jpg

disneynovember2012152.jpg

I was obsessed with it, as you can see. I mean, It had SO many awesome decorations on it.

The decorations are BEAUTIFUL at AK!

We made our way into the park and I couldn’t stop looking at the decorations there were.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.
disneynovember2012153.jpg

disneynovember2012156.jpg

disneynovember2012157.jpg

disneynovember2012158.jpg

This picture is reason 648968948965803468 why I love Animal Kingdom.
disneynovember2012159.jpg

We were headed to the Safari and boy, was I ready to go see the African savannah!

It was a 20 minute wait but I was cool with that!

The three mouseketeers. (get it?! It is supposed to be the three musketeers but I changed it to mouseketeers?! ISN’T THAT SO FUNNY?! No? Ok…)
disneynovember2012160.jpg

Pretty soon, we got to the front of the line. I was SO ready for a two week adventure into the African savannah!
disneynovember2012164.jpg

I LOVE ANIMAL KINGDOM!!! I cannot wait to see the new ZEBRAS!!! THey shall be my friends! I can't wait to read more!!!

I LOVE ANIMAL KINGDOM!!! I cannot wait to see the new ZEBRAS!!! THey shall be my friends! I can't wait to read more!!!

ME TOO!!!! It is SUCH an amazing park. I hate the people that say "it's a half day park." LIES.
The new zebra area is awesome. There will be several pictures of it in the next update!​

YAY for your AK day !! I am so stalking your photos to see if I am in any of them :lmao:

The AK tree is so cool. It really has the neatest ornaments on it.

People who want to sleep and "relax" on a Disney vacation should never ever go to Disney with a crazy Disney person like you or me...

There are plenty of decorations on that tree that I would like to see come home with me... :upsidedow

I think i woulda ripped out half my hair ,I hate waiting infact its almost not possible for me .I get all vicious n stuff.

People who want to sleep and "relax" on a Disney vacation should never ever go to Disney with a crazy Disney person like you or me...

There are plenty of decorations on that tree that I would like to see come home with me... :upsidedow

I warned them how there was not going to be any pool time, relaxing, or sleeping and Jackie was so upset. I told her it wasn't going to be a "normal vacation." Seth said he wanted to get to the park right when it opened and get up early. We see how that turned out...
I wish I could just hire Disney to come and decorate my house for Christmas and Halloween.

I think i woulda ripped out half my hair ,I hate waiting infact its almost not possible for me .I get all vicious n stuff.

I hate waiting too...​

hi, I've been reading along with your post and I agree. I would be bursting a seem if I was in Disney and people were going slow and sleeping in. There is way to much to do and see.

I want Disney to decorate here as well, it is always so beautiful there.

hi, I've been reading along with your post and I agree. I would be bursting a seem if I was in Disney and people were going slow and sleeping in. There is way to much to do and see.

I want Disney to decorate here as well, it is always so beautiful there.

Glad to have you reading along!
It was awful, seriously. Like, Disney is NOT the place to be sleepin' in. DON'T PEOPLE GET THAT?! And plus, "the other people (minus one)" were only there for 4 days and they hadn't been in 20+ years. You CANNOT be sleeping in when you basically haven't seen anything in YEARS.
I am going to write Disney and tell them to decorate our homes! They'll listen to moi :rolleyes:

"When I was a young WARTHOOOOG!"

WHO IS READY FOR FIVE ZILLION PICTURES OF ANIMALS???? *raises hand* Well I have already seen all of these pictures, but you get the point.

So we got loaded into our jeep and we were towards the back. I got the outside, which I was very happy about since me being the photographer and all, I didn’t want people’s heads in all of my pictures.

“We’re four wheelin’ now, baby!”

(Had to throw that in there.)

Then we headed into our two week journey into Africa to see many animals including lions, tigers, and bears, OH MY! Actually, just lions and a bunch of other animals, including the most attractive ones of all, warthogs. I know, I know. They should be on the covers of magazines because they are so attractive. At least Pumba is a good looking warthog, but he’s not a young one anymore, since he sings “When I was a young WARTHOOOOOG!” in hakuna matata. “It means no worries, for the rest of your days…” Now it is stuck in y’all’s heads. It’s my pleasure, really!
And if you haven’t seen the lion king—we can’t be friends anymore—here is the video (yes, someone spent their time making this 4 second video. Sounds like something I would do) of Pumba singing “When I was a young WARTHOOOOOG!” Awesome, right?! Seriously, I love saying that. Mum and I were on the jeep saying that. I really wanted to scream it, but I probably would have gotten some looks from everyone and the warthogs.

ANIMAL PICTURES! OMG! You guys are probably sitting there like “where the crap are these animal pictures this whack job promised us?!” SORRY.

Ok, I need to stop and post these puppies. HERE YA GO.

Just some pelicans chillin’ on some hippos. They must be happy Disney pelicans.
disneynovember2012170.jpg

That one in the middle looks like he’s got an itch. He really should buy one of those Mickey back scratchers they sell. I should mail one to Disney and attach a letter that says "give this to the happy Disney pelicans because they are itchy."
disneynovember2012171.jpg

CROCODILES! (and some awesomeness from Stacey!)
disneynovember2012172.jpg

I would be so scared to walk over them on the Wild Africa Trek on those bridges. Like, what happens if the bridge broke and you fell down into the crocodiles? I guess they would fight over who would get to eat what from your body, in their crocodile language. I speak crocodilian (that’s the crocodile language). “Rrrrrrr, ahhhhh, eeeee, oooo!” That translates into “I want the girl’s arm!”
It’s the circle of life, I guess.

BEAUTY ♥
disneynovember2012173.jpg

Termite mounds! Thumbs up to that!
disneynovember2012174.jpg

It’s a GIRAFFEEE.
disneynovember2012175.jpg

disneynovember2012176.jpg

disneynovember2012177.jpg

The backside of a giraffe. I don’t think it’s one of the eight wonders of the world. We all know O2H is, though.
disneynovember2012181.jpg

Those are some BIG antlers!
disneynovember2012182.jpg

Elephants!
disneynovember2012183.jpg

disneynovember2012186.jpg

They are awfully wrinkly, like someone I know… *cough* Mum *cough*
disneynovember2012188.jpg

disneynovember2012189.jpg

I WANT TO BE A HAPPY DISNEY FLAMINGO THAT LIVES ON A HIDDEN MICKEY ISLAND. (That’s what I’m asking for for Christmas.)
disneynovember2012190.jpg

Look at that baby rhino! AWWWW!
disneynovember2012193.jpg

We had to stop for about 30 seconds because they were crossing the road. Yes, “they” because it was the baby rhino and its mother! Can I get another “AWWWW!”???
disneynovember2012194.jpg

And then we came up on the world’s most attractive animal (but we already know that!)…THE WARTHOG!
disneynovember2012198.jpg

Just look at that cute face!
disneynovember2012197.jpg

Yes, I had to take a close up it because warthogs are awesome, DUH!

And last but not least, THE NEW ZEBRA AREA!
disneynovember2012200.jpg

disneynovember2012201.jpg

We got back to the loading/unloading dock and then we headed back into Africa for some shopping, because everyone loves shopping, especially in Disney were you want everything!​

OMG OMG OMG THE ZEBRAS!!! and ELEPHANTS!!! I love them so!!! I am so glad this part of your trip was AWESOME!!!

Love the new zebra area! I love giraffes and zebras but I do have to say that I've found a new love for none other than .....the warthooooggg!! lol

Is it me or did that one elephant look really skinny? or is it a baby?

I have enjoyed reading your TR!! :) The Osbourne lights lookspectacular, I have been to Disney in December but for some reason- have never seen the lights... I totally understand you're being aggravated with your family. We had something similar happen when we went in September, I cried several times. I vowed to never do that again and next time, it will just be me and my two boys and husband. Its' too much work and too much stress to deal with other people who arent on the same page as you. Hopefully we will get a re-do next fall.

OMG OMG OMG THE ZEBRAS!!! and ELEPHANTS!!! I love them so!!! I am so glad this part of your trip was AWESOME!!!

AREN’T THEY AWESOME?!
I think this day was probably the best! Shocking, I know.

Love the new zebra area! I love giraffes and zebras but I do have to say that I've found a new love for none other than .....the warthooooggg!! lol

Is it me or did that one elephant look really skinny? or is it a baby?

I know, it’s awesome!
YESSSSSS! Forget zebras and giraffes! WARTHOGS ALL THE WAY!
It is a baby!

Love all the pictures, but the baby rhino is awesome!

Thanks!
The baby rhino was so cute!

I have enjoyed reading your TR!! :) The Osbourne lights lookspectacular, I have been to Disney in December but for some reason- have never seen the lights... I totally understand you're being aggravated with your family. We had something similar happen when we went in September, I cried several times. I vowed to never do that again and next time, it will just be me and my two boys and husband. Its' too much work and too much stress to deal with other people who arent on the same page as you. Hopefully we will get a re-do next fall.

GOOD. Because I don’t want people writing to me and saying that they are not enjoying this nonsense. Anyways…
YOU DIDN’T SEE THE LIGHTS?! That's too bad! You need to go back and see them! OMG they are incredible. There are many great videos of them on YouTube if you want to see the awesomeness.
Crying in Disney stinks!
Its' too much work and too much stress to deal with other people who arent on the same page as you.
THIS THIS THIS. SERIOUSLY. Oh my god, that is SO true. Usually our trips are wonderful and this time around we were just so stressed out with them because they were so clueless about everything. And with Mum and I being the DISfreaks, we were annoyed with them 24/7.
I hope get to go in the fall and have a better time!​

"It’s the circle of life, I guess."

Yes.

GIRAFFEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and zebras! Oh my!

AWW YEAH SHOPPING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter