• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Bubble” - licious – A Northern Family's Disney Tale! UPDATED 8/27/09 (LAST CHAPTER)!

OK! So I totally dropped the ball this weekend! So sorry! ;) We finally have our summer weather and it is just too nice to be indoors typing on the computer! :surfweb: We only get 5-6 weeks of REALLY HOT weather every year and I intend to enjoy as much of it as possible! :goodvibes However - that being said, Ken and I are leaving in 1 week for our 10th anniversary trip to the Maritimes! :yay: We will gone for 6 WHOLE DAYS!!! :woohoo: I do intend to post at least 1 more but maybe 2 chapters before we leave! :) Hope the sun is shining wherever you are! :flower3:

OK! So I totally dropped the ball this weekend! So sorry! ;) We finally have our summer weather and it is just too nice to be indoors typing on the computer! :surfweb: We only get 5-6 weeks of REALLY HOT weather every year and I intend to enjoy as much of it as possible! :goodvibes However - that being said, Ken and I are leaving in 1 week for our 10th anniversary trip to the Maritimes! :yay: We will gone for 6 WHOLE DAYS!!! :woohoo: I do intend to post at least 1 more but maybe 2 chapters before we leave! :) Hope the sun is shining wherever you are! :flower3:

Have fun on your trip! I look forward to a new chapter!

Don't worry about dropping the ball. We went on a camping trip this weekend so I couldn't have read it anyway.;)

I hope that you and Ken have a great anniversary trip. Six days all to yourselves. Woo! Whoo!

If you don't get around to posting another installment, we'll totally understand and will just wait around on you.popcorn::

Oh, and it is indeed sun shining where I am.....today's high? 100!!!!!

Chapter 25: Around the World (Showcase) in 8 hrs or less!

Date: January 26th
Time: about 3pm
Place World Showcase, Epcot.

When last we met, I believe my children were enjoying some fun on a hopscotch court in the UK! We deftly pried them away from there in order to whisk them away to France. Part of the way there, Emily decided she needed to use the facilities. Any DISer worth their salt knows that there are NO bathrooms in France! So, I asked My wonderful husband if he would accompany Emily back to the UK so she could find and use said facility!

DSC02445.jpg

I wanted to keep Natalie with me as I had quickly spotted a very special friend of Natalie's getting into position for a meet and greet! I said nothing to her but grabbed her hand and pulled her over to meet up with her favourite princess!

Natalie absolutely LOVES Aurora! She will gladly watch Sleeping Beauty over and over again! Favourite Princess EVER! I pulled out the Fastpass card and handed it over to the photographer. He did some beautiful work!

227.jpg

225.jpg

Natalie was thrilled to pieces, even a little in AWE, I think! There was not too much of a line behind us so Aurora spent a few minutes just doting on Natalie! She made Nats day! That was pretty much the topic of Nat's conversation for the rest of the day!

We retrieved Ken and Emily from a nearby bench and found our way over to the Kidcot Station. There was a bit of line so, while Ken waited with the girls to have their turn at colouring and getting their book stamped, I took a few minutes to browse around the little shops! Ooooh, a girl could could be sooo happy in there! Wine, cheese, perfume, pretty clothes and jewellery! So many pretty things to look at! AND eat! Oh my, the smells coming from the bakery were just heavenly! I am sure I left a trail of drool behind me as I went back to find my family!

From France, we ventured to Morroco. We went straight to the Kidcot spot so the girls could get their book stamped and signed! I highly recommend the Kid's Guide to the Magic! It is a great book full of wonderful information, beautiful maps and so much neat stuff for kids to do! Definitely worth the money! We stopped long enough to take a quick picture and then we moved on to Japan!

DSC02446.jpg

For whatever reason, my girls really like the Japanese pavillion! They are just so in awe of everything here! They wanted their picture taken in many spots here! We did the book siging at the Kidcot spot and then did a quick tour of the pavillion.

I really must admit that it is very beautiful and tranquil in this particular area of Epcot! The gardens and buildings are presented in just the perfect way as to cause everyone to be quite quiet and relaxed!

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

DSC02452.jpg

From there we pushed on to The good ole U.S of A! We did the Stop for the kids and then decided that he wanted to take in the show! This surprised me as He previously had not expressed any interest at all in seeing this particular offering! I had seen it before and knew that it might be a strech for the kids but we went in anyway.

The voices of liberty were just starting their set so we found a place to stand and listen! To wrap it up in one word, The Voices of Liberty are INCREDIBLE! I could listen to them for hours! Very Nice! When the show was over we followed the crowd up to the theatre and found a spot to sit. The show started and was being quite well received by the rest of my family. I was impressed that theu all seemed to be enjoying it!

About 15 minutes in just as we were approaching the 1930's something odd happened. One of the characters rose up from below the stage with his head bowed. The show continued for a couple more minutes and then suddenly the lights came on and a CM appeared to sya they due to some technical difficulties the show would not be able to continue! DRAT! I was enjoying that too!

We were very disappointed as we knew we would not be able to make it back the next day to see it again. Oh well. Something else to add to the list for next time! We continued on our way to Italy! Just a stamp grab and a bit of colouring here and again at Germany! We decided to bypass China again as we would be back to eat dinner there in a short while. We went all the way back to Mexico to do the Kidcot spot and then to Norway.

Kidcot spot taken care of Ken decided that he and Emily would ride Maelstrom as there was only a short 5 minute wait posted! Natalie would have none of it as she had remembered something about trolls being present! Nat and I stayed outside and did a mini photo shoot while waited for our other half to return from their adventure aboard the high Norweigan seas!

DSC02454.jpg

DSC02455.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

When we were together again we finally stepped into China! This was the moment Ken had been anticipating for a very long time! He has a passion for all things Chinese! He loves the food, the people and the language! He has even taught himself to say many phrases in the Mandarin dialect!

Since it was Chinese New Year, the pavillion was a bit dressed up for the occasion. Cms were also on hand to do special Chinese New Year activities with kids and adults alike! There was a special Scavenger Hunt to go on, finding out your Chinese Zodiac symbol, crafts for the kids to do and so much more!

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02463.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

Our reservation was for 6:30pm. I think we checked in at about 6:20 and we were seated immediately! They were not busy at all and were accepting many walk ins! We were very fortunate to have awonderful server! She was so sweet and took the time to make sure we were comfortable, that we were satisfied with our location and that we were able to understand everything on the menu! She taught us how to say “Happy New Year” and also please, thank you and your welcome!

DSC02464.jpg

We enjoyed our meal very much! I had the Honey Sesame Chicken, Ken had the Five Spice Fish and the girls both had the Lo Mein and noodles. Dessert for the kids was ice cream but because Nat can't have that she was allowed to have MY dessert which was some Ginger cake. Emily and I had ginger ice cream and Ken had some chinese rice pudding! Our server was concerned that he wouldn't like it and she kept telling him that most Americans don't care for it! His response? I am NOT American, and I WILL like it!
She was very impressed that he ate it and actually enjoyed it!

DSC02465.jpg

Many posters here on the DIS have commented that the portions have become quite a bit smaller at this restaurant. I didn't notice. I thought the portion was perfect! It was so nice to not overeat for once! I was full but not in pain! I think as a family we find the portion sizing in the States, and especially at WDW, to be A LOT more than we are used to eating!

We had been hoping to catch the Acrobatics show after dinner but the girls were DONE! They were so very tired! It HAD been a long day! We caught the monorail back to the MK and then took the boat to WL! By the time we were bathed and in our beds it was close to 9pm! What a great day!

:goodvibes

Wonderful update! I am loving all of your episodes. I'm so glad that your princess got to spent some 'quality alone time' with Aurora.

Hi Kim!! Hopefully you and Ken are having a wonderful 10th anniversary trip right now!!! I have to say that we always thought the food portion at the Nine Dragons were HUGE!! We can never finish ours and feel bad for wasting so much food!!! I do think here in the states we are served way too much food----lots of times we can split something and are plenty full!!!! Loved the b&w pic of Natalie and Aurora!!
How funny that the chinese lady thought you were American!!! I never thought about that!! Ha!!

:goodvibes

Wonderful update! I am loving all of your episodes. I'm so glad that your princess got to spent some 'quality alone time' with Aurora.

Hey Soleil! :sunny: Thanks for dropping by to say hello! :goodvibes Does Belle have a favourite princess? princess:

Yeah! I'm in also from Ontario near toronto. My cousin lives in TB Lovin the TR so far:cheer2:

:welcome: to my TR! :goodvibes Thanks for joining in! The more the merrier! :thumbsup2

Hi Kim!! Hopefully you and Ken are having a wonderful 10th anniversary trip right now!!! I have to say that we always thought the food portion at the Nine Dragons were HUGE!! We can never finish ours and feel bad for wasting so much food!!! I do think here in the states we are served way too much food----lots of times we can split something and are plenty full!!!! Loved the b&w pic of Natalie and Aurora!!
How funny that the chinese lady thought you were American!!! I never thought about that!! Ha!!

Actually We don't fly out until next Tuesday morning! :hug: One more week to go! :yay: We fly from our local airport here in Thunder Bay to Toronto, switch planes and then fly to Halifax! :woohoo: We return on the 5th! Our flight from Toronto gets in at 10:25pm! 5 nights and 6 days just the two of us! :love: I can't wait!

It was funny - most people just assumed we were from the U.S.! They never asked "WHERE are you from?" they asked "WHICH STATE are you from?" Our fececious answer was "The big one north of Minnesota!" Too funny! :rotfl:

Thanks for reading everyone! :thumbsup2 I will try very hard to get at least one more chapter before we leave but I will not promise! Lots to do in the next week! :laundy:etc!

Wonderful update! That Guide to the Magic book is coming with us again tomorrow! Madison just loved it! She loved getting the passport stamps in each country and the CM's working there were great. A few of them even wrote her name in their native language.

Wonderful update! That Guide to the Magic book is coming with us again tomorrow! Madison just loved it! She loved getting the passport stamps in each country and the CM's working there were great. A few of them even wrote her name in their native language.

I think that my girls had their name written in a couple of languages but most of them just wrote "Welcome to....." It IS a great book! We really enjoyed it!

I admit, I'm a lurker, but I LOVE your report! More, please :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for making yourself known! :goodvibes Don't be afraid to say hello! I appreciate every single one of my readers! :love: You guys are why I am writing this TR! :cheer2:

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. My family always skips WS while in Epcot, but I do think you've sparked an interest with me and I may just have to venture out with DS and do it on our own!

Love the Aurora pics. She's so beautiful!

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. My family always skips WS while in Epcot, but I do think you've sparked an interest with me and I may just have to venture out with DS and do it on our own!

Love the Aurora pics. She's so beautiful!

Don't skip it !!!! It's a wonderful experience. You get to go to so many different countries...and it really seems authentic----lots of interesting things to see. We love meeting people from other countries!!

Don't skip it !!!! It's a wonderful experience. You get to go to so many different countries...and it really seems authentic----lots of interesting things to see. We love meeting people from other countries!!

I don't think I will skip it next time!

I don't usually devote an entire day to Epcot, but I think I will. Besides, I want to ride Maelstrom! (sp?) and I want to see some of these shows I've been hearing about. I think DS would love the Kids stations, too and collecting things from around the "world".

I don't think I will skip it next time!

I don't usually devote an entire day to Epcot, but I think I will. Besides, I want to ride Maelstrom! (sp?) and I want to see some of these shows I've been hearing about. I think DS would love the Kids stations, too and collecting things from around the "world".

We were very cautious about our approach with our girls. We made it an adventure! We let them show us what they were interested in seeing. They really enjoyed all the fountains and hunting for hidden mickeys! They very much enjoyed the Kidcot Stations and collecting each country's tag for their mask! Again, I would highly recommend the Guide to The Magic - it is well worth the $25. So many things to see and do in each park - especially World Showcase!

We were very cautious about our approach with our girls. We made it an adventure! We let them show us what they were interested in seeing. They really enjoyed all the fountains and hunting for hidden mickeys! They very much enjoyed the Kidcot Stations and collecting each country's tag for their mask! Again, I would highly recommend the Guide to The Magic - it is well worth the $25. So many things to see and do in each park - especially World Showcase!

You really did your homework on this vacation and it shows. I like how you are in tune with your children and doing things they like and not just what you and hubby wanted to do. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

225.jpg

Natalie was thrilled to pieces, even a little in AWE, I think! There was not too much of a line behind us so Aurora spent a few minutes just doting on Natalie! She made Nats day!

How lovely that Nat could have her favorite princess all to herself for awhile! Very magical!

You're so right about the portion sizes here... they are way too big... that's probably why we're way too big!!! :laughing:

Another great day!!

Kathy

KIM!!!! Oh Nat is a girl after my own heart we both love the same princess...I dare say she and I both must of met the exact same princess too. I'm so glad Nat got to have some wonderful special time with Aurora...that is what memories are made of!!

Hope you and Ken had a great 10th Anniversary trip...congratulations my friend!!

BTW in case you might be interested LOL I started my PTR I know how much you wanted to hear about all my plans LOL...you know me and planning LOL!

Well my friends it looks as though I will not be able to give you all one last chapter before I leave on my vacation! :sad1: So sorry! :flower3: We are flying out at 6:30am on Tuesday morning and I just have so much to do tomorrow! :laundy: I hope you all have a great week and I will give you all a mini TR about our trip to the Maritimes when we return! Much love to all! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter