“Bubble” - licious – A Northern Family's Disney Tale! UPDATED 8/27/09 (LAST CHAPTER)!

Chapter 27: An afternoon and evening in the Kingdom of Magic!

Date: January 27th
Time: 3pm
Place: Magic Kingdom

After a slightly sad afternoon of eating, resting, laundry and packing, we caught the bus over to the Magic Kingdom. After doing all the checking, scanning and swiping, we passed under the train station and then went up into the train station to catch the next train to Fronteirland! It was very warm that day and the less we had to walk, the better!

Upon our arrival in Fronteirland, Ken immediately went to get some Fastpasses for BTMRR and Splash. Natalie was once again refusing to ride the “scary mountains” it would be Emily and Ken to using up the FP's. We then went and found our way to the rafts aver to Tom Sawyer's Island. We had just missed the raft so had to wait for the next one. There was quite a crowd waiting so it actually 2 rafts before we actually landed on the island.

DSC02472.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

Once there though it was just as fun as I remembered it to be! The girls really enjoyed it. Lots of fun things to see and do! I love the barrel bridge! Some of my favourite things are the half painted fence and the shipping crates addressed to Mr. Samuel L. Clemens!

DSC02476.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

DSC02474.jpg

We are just now reading the book “The adventures of Tom Sawyer” and the girls are absolutely loving it! We recently read the part about Tom painting the fence and Emily shouted out “Hey Mommy, that's just like at Disney World!” Too Funny!

DSC02477.jpg

DSC02478.jpg

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

Upon our return to solid ground, Ken and Emily went to use up their FP's at the Mountains and Natalie and I decided to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpet's. Before we parted ways, Ken asked me if I wanted him to carry my wallet in the backpack. I declined the offer, tucked it under my arm, took Natalie by the hand and set off! I would come to regret this decision very shortly!

We enjoyed 2 very fun rides on the carpets and then went to our prearranged meeting spot at the Pirate Fountain in Adventureland. We sat and waited and people watched until Ken and Emily joined us. Then we went and grabbed some supper at El Pirita Y El Perico. Since Pecos Bill's was closed for rehab, their menu was actually being served at the Pirate and the Parrot. We were paying out of pocket for this meal so we just had Cheeseburgers and Cokes. Yummy and filling.

After we were finished eating, we caught the train from Fronteirland to Toontown. Parting ways again, we each took a child to their next choice of ride. Emily wanted to ride Space Mountain and Natalie had been not so patiently waiting for her chance to see Pooh's Thoughtful Spot. Natalie wasn't quite as enchanted with Pooh's Spot as she thought she might be so we decided to go and see if we could ride Pooh's ride instead. We were lucky enough to find only a 10 minute wait! SCORE!!! So we rode the ride and then went to meet Ken and Emily at the Teacups.

DSC02484.jpg

We switched Kids so I could ride Space Mountain with Emily and Ken took Natalie back into Fantasyland to see which rides they could accomplish. I again screamed my way through Space Mountain and had my daughter laughing at me! So Much Fun! It was very nearly 8 oclock at this point so we headed out of the park to avoid the crowds and the unplanned fireworks. We watched Wishes from the safe distance of the boat on our last ride to WL.

We arrived in our room and began to tidy up and I suddenly realized that I was without my wallet! I tried very hard not to panic and thought back through the day to when I last had it! CARPETS!!! I had left my wallet in one of the flying carpets! Aaahhhhh! Ken went down to the front desk to inquire about the procedure for lost items. I tucked the girls into bed and tried to pack.

We made several phone calls and discovered that my wallet could be in 3 possible places. The ride itself, at the lost and found at City Hall in The Magic Kingdom OR at Central Guest Services Lost and Found at the TTC! Our plans for the next day included returning to The Magic Kingdom so hopefully we would be able to find it!

Packing concluded, Ken and I both prayed that we would find my wallet the next day! We settled into bed and attempted to sleep!

Oh my goodness! I would have been in a complete panic/meltdown if I had lost my wallet! I do not handle those kinds of things easily. I would have been running all over MK!!! Anyways....glad to hear you had a lot of fun at MK that evening.

Whew! All caught up!

I didn't quote and was waaaaay behind so bear with me as my brain rambles.

I loved the meerkat pics- they are such funny little things!
Your souvie choice was the same as mine. The one thing I was NOT going home without was a Mickey cookie cutter! :lmao:
Test Track- never ridden it and I don't know why? It's on my must do list this next trip.
Lastly, I love it when my DS says "That's just like in Disney World!"
We got on I95 today for a short trip and he said "Hey Mommy 'member when we took 95 to Mickeys?" Then he turns to his sister and says "Hey Emmie we're going to Disney World!" He's dying to go back! And people say they don't remember if they go when they are young. Phooey! Even my 2 year old loves looking at the pictures and reliving it.

Oh my goodness! I would have been in a complete panic/meltdown if I had lost my wallet! I do not handle those kinds of things easily. I would have been running all over MK!!! Anyways....glad to hear you had a lot of fun at MK that evening.

It was pretty scary! :scared1: I knew though that it was SOMEWHERE in MK though so I was pretty sure we would find it the next day! :)

how scary to lose your wallet!!:scared1:hopefully you found it the next day!!

You'll just have to tune in to find out! ;)

Whew! All caught up!

I didn't quote and was waaaaay behind so bear with me as my brain rambles.

I loved the meerkat pics- they are such funny little things!
Your souvie choice was the same as mine. The one thing I was NOT going home without was a Mickey cookie cutter! :lmao:
Test Track- never ridden it and I don't know why? It's on my must do list this next trip.
Lastly, I love it when my DS says "That's just like in Disney World!"
We got on I95 today for a short trip and he said "Hey Mommy 'member when we took 95 to Mickeys?" Then he turns to his sister and says "Hey Emmie we're going to Disney World!" He's dying to go back! And people say they don't remember if they go when they are young. Phooey! Even my 2 year old loves looking at the pictures and reliving it.

Hey Kim! :goodvibes Thanks for dropping by! :hug:

So glad you are able to keep reading! I know how busy the snowbird thread must be keeping you! :thumbsup2 I was so happy to have my Mickey cookie cutter too! I use it lots! My girls love having mickey cookies! I think you will LOVE Test Track - I did! It so fun and informative! :woohoo: Is your daughter an Emily too? Are you Kimberly or just Kim? :confused3 ;)

Thanks for reading peeps! :thumbsup2 I will try very hard to wrap up this TR by the end of next week! It has been so much fun writing it! I probably only have about 2-3 episodes left! :sad2: I will really miss it after I'm done! I only wish we knew for sure whether we were going again in January so I could start a PTR! Oh well, soon enough I guess! Keep reading peeps - there are some great surprises coming up on the Next day! :yay:

Oh my word Kim...Cliffhanger!!!!!:scared1: I am gonna miss your report!!!! It's been so fun!! I may do a PTR for our upcoming trip!!! You may have to tutor me along!! I have no clue how to do it!! Ha!!! Maybe between you and Meghan I can do it!!!!!

Hey Kim! :goodvibes Thanks for dropping by! :hug:

So glad you are able to keep reading! I know how busy the snowbird thread must be keeping you! :thumbsup2 I was so happy to have my Mickey cookie cutter too! I use it lots! My girls love having mickey cookies! I think you will LOVE Test Track - I did! It so fun and informative! :woohoo: Is your daughter an Emily too? Are you Kimberly or just Kim? :confused3 ;)
I usually go by Kim except for my mom. She calls me Kimberly. And yes my DD is an Emily. It's getting scary what we have in common...maybe you're my long lost Canadian twin! :rotfl:

I usually go by Kim except for my mom. She calls me Kimberly. And yes my DD is an Emily. It's getting scary what we have in common...maybe you're my long lost Canadian twin! :rotfl:

:laughing: That's so cool! :goodvibes I seem to know so many Kim's! I really hope that we will be able to meet up in WDW in January! :) We are about 60% sure that we will be able to go! :woohoo: We realy really want to, just have to get our finances in order! The exchange rate is a real killer for us! :eek:

DSC02475.jpg

We are just now reading the book “The adventures of Tom Sawyer” and the girls are absolutely loving it! We recently read the part about Tom painting the fence and Emily shouted out “Hey Mommy, that's just like at Disney World!” Too Funny!

That is funny! :laughing:

Not so funny about the wallet! :eek: Hope all turns out well...

Kathy

Chapter 28: A Magical Morning of Many Meetings! (Part 1)

Date: January 28th
Time: 6:30am
Place: Wilderness Lodge

We awoke to our three fold no fail alarm system and very sadly did our morning preparation for the last time at Wilderness Lodge. :sad1: We were checking out of The Lodge and checking into Pop Century for our last night at WDW before leaving for MSP the next day.

We made sure that we had every single piece of stuff that we had brought with us and then hauled our stuff downstairs to guest services to have our luggage transferred to POP. We walked over to the bus stop and waited for the next bus to MK. While we were waiting we saw a newlywed couple wearing the bride and groom minnie and mickey hats! They were so very adorable!

DSC02491.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

Our bus arrived after not too long of a wait and we climbed aboard for our last ride to the MK. Once we arrived and did the bag check we presented ourselves to the Character breakfast entrance and swiped and scanned our way through and into the park.

We had a very special breakfast to attend with some of our very favourite friends from the 100 acre wood! Yup, we were headed to Crystal Palace to eat with Winnie the Pooh and Friends! The girls were both very excited!

I was super excited too but for a different reason. Before even meeting Pooh and friends, I had another very special person to meet! A fellow DISer! You may know her as Dancegirl624! She is my fellow Snowbird, Meghan! During the planning process of our trips we discovered that our families would be eating breakfast at Crystal Palace at exactly the same time! I was very excited to meet her!

We strolled down Main St and took some early morning photos of the castle. It was about 7:50 and our ADR was for the coveted 8:05 am slot! Thinking that we should probably go and check in, we made our way over to the lovely Crystal Palace!

DSC02498.jpg

As I climbed the stairs to the check in podium I saw a very familiar face! MEGHAN! I walked over and was about to introduce myself and before I could even get the words out she said “Kim?”! We shared a laugh and chatted about our trips so far. We introduced our families to one another and talked for a couple of minutes.

DSC02501.jpg

I was so excited to see her that I completely forgot to check in for our ADR!!! I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 8:05 and as I went over to check in, Meghan's name was called to go in and we never did get to finish our conversation! Oh well, at least we got to meet up and say hello! She is a very lovely person! So glad to have met you Meghan! :hug:

We were finally called into the restaurant at about 8:15 and given the buffet instructions by our waiter. Soon enough we were in line to get our food. I don't remember what I had but I do remember that it was very yummy and I ate A LOT!!! The girls found lots to eat and were very happy with their selections.

Soon enough we had some visitors at our table! The girls were so excited to see their friends again and greeted them with open arms and squeals of joy! I think of all of them , my favourite is Piglet! He is just SO PINK!!! Hugs and pictures and signatures done we asked for our bill and waited to depart! We were done eating at about 8:50 but were kept waiting (AGAIN) for our bill! I now know the trick to character meals – ask for your bill as soon as you sit down! We were finally able to leave at about 9:10!

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02512.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

Being concerned about the possible whereabouts of my wallet, Ken offered to go to the Magic Carpets and ask there. I accepted his offer as I wanted to take the girls to wait in line for ToonTown to open. We had some Fairies to meet! The girls (Emily especially) had been waiting the WHOLE TRIP for their chance to meet Tinkerbell and her friends!

So we split up, Ken heading towards Adventureland, and the girls and I headed toward ToonTown. As we crossed in front of the Castle we saw bubbles floating overhead! I stopped and let the girls play for a couple of minutes. It was a really neat moment! We pressed on and arrived at the Rope to Toontown at exactly 9:20! There were already a couple families waiting for their chance to first in line to meet Tink!

I bellied up to the Rope and stood my ground! I told the girls to stay close and also to watch for Daddy so he would know where we were! I expected Ken to be only a few minutes. We waited. And Waited. And waited. At about 935, natalie told me that she had to go to the bathroom RIGHTNOW!!! I frantically searched the crowd for any sign of Ken. He had yet to appear and didn't want to lose our great spot in line! I knew that the Rope would dropped in as little as 10 minutes!

DSC02524.jpg

I was just about to panic when I saw my wonderful husband jogging towards the rope! I flagged him down and instructed him to stay right where I had been standing. I told him I needed to run Nat to the bathroom and I would be right back. Before I took off he said that he had to tell me something really important! I asked if it could ait until I got cack and he said that it could so I grabbed Nats hand and practically flew to the washrooms.

As we got back to the rope I looked at my watch. It was 9:43! I think that was a record for my liitle Nat! I was so proud of her for being so fast that day! Just as the CM approached the Rope to let it drop, Ken leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. The three words that he whispered set my heart to pounding! Can you guess what they were? No? Well I will tell you! “ I met Stacey”! I was just about to say “Stacey who?” When a light in my brain came on! “ Stacey? THE Stacey? Disney Stacey?” He grinned and said YUP!!! The Stacey!

As he was leaving Adventureland (not having had any luck with finding my wallet btw) he noticed a camera crew in front of the Partners statue. He took a peek to see if it was anybody he would recognize and saw that it Stacey J. Aswad! The Disney Stacey from your resort TV!!! He was stopped and asked if he would mind waiting a quick secind while they shot a couple minutes of footage. He happily obliged. The woman next to him was not so happy to oblige and made a big stink about having to wait while the lines for Dumbo were getting longer every second!

While patiently waiting, Ken politely asked if it might be possible to get an autograph from “Miss Stacey” when they were done the shot! The producer asked Stacey if she would be willing and she very happily agreed! :thumbsup2 Ken was ushered over to her and told her about his 2 little girls who just adored her and loved watching on her on the TV EVERY NIGHT before they went to sleep! He said she was very kind and happy to sign their autograph book! Ken thanked her profusely and took off to meet us at the Rope to Toontown!

So.... back to Toontown and the wait to meet the fairies! We were let into Toontown and quick walked our way to the waiting area for the fairies. There were about 10-12 families and we were about the 3-4th in line! As much as I dislike waiting in lines, I knew that this time had been totally worth it! After about a 10 minute wait we were ushered into Pixie Hollow and given our tiny Photopass cards!

DSC02526.jpg

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

We first got to meet Iridessa. She was very sweet and the girls enjoyed meeting her. It is sad to say though that she could not even hold a candle to Tinkerbell! Emily was practically vibrating as she walked over to see Miss Tink! I think this was her moment of most excitement the whole entire trip! She was ecstatic! My girl Loves her some Tinkerbell!

300.jpg

304.jpg

306.jpg

After meeting the fairies, Natalie had a very special letter she had to deliver to some very special Mice! I had some very important shopping to do. We had just found out the day before that our across the street neighbours had had their first baby a couple days earlier. I wanted to buy that new neighbour of ours a very special present! So Ken took Natalie and her letter to the Judge's Tent and Emily and I went to the nearest shop to do some power shopping!

Now to explain the letter! A few days before we left on our trip, Natalie was woking on a TOP SECRET special project that even I was not allowed to know about until it was completely finished! The day before we left to drive to MSP she brought me a sealed envelope and asked me to put it in my suitcase. I said that I would and asked what it was. “A letter to Minnie and Mickey!, I wrote it all by myself! I want to bring it to them and read it to them myself!” I wiped my eyes free of tears and promised that we would make it happen!

So now was the time. Ken said that he had a hard time keeping his composure as he watched give them the letter. Apparently, Mickey and Minnie made a big fuss over the letter and both of them had a good look at it before giving it to their handlers to hold! Natalie was on cloud 9! :cloud9: The pictures are some of my absolute favourites from the whole trip! She looks SO happy!

308.jpg

309.jpg

311.jpg

314.jpg

317.jpg

Once they were done with that, Ken and Nat came back to find Emily and me and we planned our next course of action. Emily was determined to ride the teacups again and Natalie wanted one last ride on Peter Pan! So, again we went our separate ways to our desired rides. Natalie and I very much enjoyed our favourite Fantasyland ride and Ken and Emily spun themselves silly on the teacups!

Before we left for the day we had time for one last ride! Can you guess which one it would be? Come back soon for Part 2!!!

WHAT??? :confused3 IT'S been 4.5 hrs since I posted this and nobody's been around to read it? O well, I guess I'll just bump this up to the top of the list! :)

Hi...I read it!! I just didn't comment cuz I thought you were posting the next part right then!! Sorry!!!!I read it right after you put it on here. I cannot believe he saw Stacey!!That's hilarious! I am so glad your kids saw Pixie Hollow!! We had to skip it..everytime we were there the line was unbelievably looooong. Isn't Meghan so sweet? We just loved visiting them!! We thought we were gonna run into you on our first night...we ate at T-Rex and thought you were gonna be there too...but,we never saw you. Bummer...
I loved the picture with Piglet:yay: he's so cute!!!

Awwww I love that yours girls got to meet the fairies. We didn't get a chance to last trip so it's a definite for this next one!

Crystal Palace- never thought to take a picture looking up at the glass ceiling like that- beautiful!

So cool Ken got to meet Stacie and even cooler you got to meet Snowbird Meghan!

Waiting patiently for the cliffhanger to be over...next installment please! popcorn::

So sorry for the delay on Part 2! I did intend to post it last night but the evening got away from me and I never got back to it! :goodvibes It will be up VERY SOON! I am just waiting on photobucket to do its thing! Thanks for waiting!

Chapter 28 (Part 2): The most Magical Meeting of all!

Date: January 28th
Time: 11:30am
Place: Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom

For our last ride at Magic Kingdom, we conclusively decided to subject ourselves to the wonder and amusement of ....It's A Small World! Neither Ken nor the girls had ridden it yet and I had only ridden it once on this trip (with Jenjolt) back on our first MK day! It seemed fitting to me to end our MK time on this ride! One of the rides that Walt himself designed and was so very proud of!

DSC02538.jpg

DSC02541.jpg

The rest of my family could really do without another time on this ride but for some reason I REALLY enjoy it! I think it will be a must do for me on every trip! I don't know what it is but something about this little baot ride through a display of International dolls representing the Children of the world just completely captures my heart! I took the most pictures on this one single ride! I think about 20! I will share some of my favourites with you!

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02550.jpg

DSC02551.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

DSC02555.jpg

DSC02561.jpg

Our time at the Magic Kingdom drawing to a close, we had one final destination before leaving the MK! To city Hall to inquire about the hiding place of my wallet! I had been praying all morning that it would be located here at the park and that we would not have to take a side trip to the TTC to find it! I continued to pray as we walked from Fantasyland through the castle and made our way towards Town Square.

Just as we crossed through the central hub towards Main St USA, Ken grabbed my hand and very seriously said “Grab a kid and follow me, don't ask any questions” OK?! I grabbed a daughter and followed my husband clueless as to what was going on! I followed him as I had been asked to and nearly tripped over my tongue when whom should I see but.....Stacey J. Aswad! OMG!!!

Ken very politely asked the prodcer if it would be all right to have a picture taken with Stacey! She remembered him from before and asked if these girls were Emily and Natalie! They are indeed, Ken told her! She gave them both a big hug and said she was so glad to meet them! She insisted on taking a picture in front of the castle and took them to THE SPOT!!! You know – the perfect castle picture taking spot on the bridge!!!

DSC02567.jpg

I couldn't believe that we had actually met Stacey! How cool is that! This was definitely the best magical moment of our trip! So COOL!!! I was seriously floating as we walked down Main St. USA! We stopped to have some photos done with a photopass dude and then went straight to City Hall!

321.jpg

323.jpg

325.jpg

I talked to a very nice CM who took the time to do a thorough inspection of the Lost and Found Area. She seemed to be taking a very long time and I was beginnig to get a bit worried. She came back out and asked if I had any ID on me. I said no that it was all in my wallet! She pulled a plastic bag out from behind her back and saif “Is this it?” It WAS!!! Oh my Goodness! I was so relieved! I thanked her profusely , signed my name on the claim slip and went outside to find my family! What an amazing morning!

It was time for us to be on our way. We had to go check in to POP for our last night of Disney! Before we walked out of the park, we all turned around and waved goodbye to the Castle! The girls even blew kisses and made wishes to come back soon! I tried very hard not to cry as I left my beloved park behind me! I will be back!

We found our way to the POP bus stop and waited for the next bus to take us to our final resort destination! When the bus arrived we claimed our favourite back seats and had a silent ride to POP! I think we were all feeling a little blue at saying goodbye to our favourite park! Ken did take one picture though. A face that he had looked at for many days in a row. A face that causes him to fall into a fit of giggles at nearly every sight! SAM CHAMPION!!?? He will have to come on here and explain himself to you cause I just don't understand!

DSC02568.jpg

Great updates Kim! I was so very happy that we were able to meet that morning. It was so awesome! So cool that I made your TR! And I can't believe that your family got to meet Stacey!!!! How cool! So happy that you got your wallet back too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter