“Bubble” - licious – A Northern Family's Disney Tale! UPDATED 8/27/09 (LAST CHAPTER)!

Awww...what an amazing time at MK!! You got to meet Tink, have a very special moment with Mickey and Minnie, found your wallet and the cherry on top met up and had your picture taken with Stacey...that is awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear about what wonderful things happened on your last night at Disney!

Great updates Kim! I was so very happy that we were able to meet that morning. It was so awesome! So cool that I made your TR! And I can't believe that your family got to meet Stacey!!!! How cool! So happy that you got your wallet back too.

Awww...what an amazing time at MK!! You got to meet Tink, have a very special moment with Mickey and Minnie, found your wallet and the cherry on top met up and had your picture taken with Stacey...that is awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear about what wonderful things happened on your last night at Disney!

IT was a very magical day! One that I will remember for the rest of my life! :)

(again, very sorry for the slow responses.)

Chapter 26

Test track was fun, and Kim and Emily really liked it. I do have sympathy for Nat though as I nearly bailed on Soarin' due to bladder issues.

LOL, yeah the "cold weather" test didn't really press us. We had a 50 degree Centigrade change in temperature coming to Disney (and then returning).

Ok, some background on "Mission: Space" and my desires to see it. I have never found a centrifuge that could make me lose control. Despite flunking out of aviation in college (bad marks, dang that studying) I could maintain my equilibrium in all the maneuvers. I've steamed through a tropical storm in a destroyer without getting seasick. So to have a ride that has a medical disclaimer is exciting for me. I wanted to see if I had some of the right stuff.

Taking my kid along was a bit of the selfish "is my kid like me in this way?" I was really proud of Em, and she had a good time on the green run of it. It is an awesome ride, especially having the G's ramp up. It is such a fun feeling to try to put your hands in the air when they weigh twice as much as normal. It's not a ride Kim would enjoy, but I highly recommend it to those who find other Disney rides tame.

The Orange side was a bit intimidating with all of the disclaimers and medical warnings. It was about 50% middle aged guys, guys like me who wanted to prove themselves before some caring Disney attendant asks us where our walker is. The ride itself isn't overly difficult. I found myself having to breath intentionally though as the G's ramped up and the blood started to move down. I have had a harder ride before, but I'll gladly shorten my spine again on that one :D

The best bonus was Kim being worried for me as other husbands came out looking green and ill and I sauntered out with the "that was fun, can I go again" look on. Alas we didn't have time.

Imagination. Wow, how fun to see Eric Idle there (Monty Python). Having Flatulence blown in your face was a moment of "they wouldn't. No, they wouldn't..." until they did. I had my mouth open and everything.

Club cool was neat. The kids are quite open to other foods and drinks. There were a few that I wouldn't put out the $2 for a tin of. I recommend it to those with adventurous palettes and open minds.

Spaceship earth was a ride I'd been aching to do for quite a while. It was interesting, despite Nat's minor panic attacks at the darkness. There was a minor glitch but it happened right beside Steve Wozniak's garage so I was alright with the extra time to take in the details.

I was sad to leave Epcot, and it would be more bittersweet farewells throughout the day with the Magic Kingdom and the Wilderness Lodge as well.

Chapter 27

I LOVE taking the train around the Magic Kingdom. A genius way of transportation. Avoid the crowds, take a rest, a gentle ride. And when do you get to ride the rails anymore?

Tom Sawyer's Island was fun for the kids. They enjoyed the discoveries they could make, a fun place for a lazy, warm afternoon.

BTW, I was the one to notice the boxes address to S.L. Clemens...

Yes, when my wife kept her wallet with her my inside voice said "you know it will get lost, don't you." I replied "Shut up stupid head." Sigh.

Em and I had a long wait on splash mountain but it was worth it. She was already bored with Thunder Mountain, saying "Dad, this is too slow." Splash mountain sure wasn't. What a thrilling ride. We were soaked but it was worth it.

Again to take my older daughter repeatedly on a roller coaster was fun. I had never ridden space mountain and it was exciting, especially due to me continually expecting to be decapitated at any moment by the crisscrossing tracks. Wow.

Nat and I struck out on the fantasy land rides. She was pretty upset but there was naught to be done about it. Peter Pan's ride was too long so we ended up doing Dumbo of all rides. How weird was that. The line for Peter Pan was 25 minutes, for Dumbo it was 10!

When Kim discusses watching Wishes from a safe distance, she means missing most of it due to the position of the boat. I missed most of them due to Natalie's panic bladder earlier in the trip. Now I had missed it again because I had just assumed my wife would KNOW that I wanted to. SIGH. If only I had said it out loud. That is #1 on my wishlist for the return trip.

Chapter 28a

Yes, I would miss the wilderness lodge a lot. A lot more by the end of the day...

It was nice to meet Meghan and Tony and Madison. I wish we had more time to visit and talk, but this is the pace of WDW.

The food at the Crystal Palace was great (I keep thinking of England Soccer when they say that name). I was accustomed to the character meals now and had a rythym to Grab Food: Shovel Food: Take Picture: Finish Food: Grab Food...

Yes, that was the longest wait for a tab at Disney. I was almost upset as I wanted to be getting Kim's wallet...

Meeting Stacey was the highlight of the trip for me as how much of a hero I was to my family for it. She was very nice and the film crew and handlers were courteous AND professional.

Kim says it was 10 minutes to wait for the fairies, but from line up to leaving it was closer to an hour. A significant amount of time for a quick meet. It was really sweet to see ahead of us there was a girl (about 10 years old) with special needs being treated with the same respect and tenderness as all the other children, and she was loving every minute.

The wait for Minnie and Mickey was ok. The video clips are nice to watch while waiting. The photopass rocks here as I could just enjoy the moment of my younger child handing in the letter and not fight to get the best angle for the picture.

Minnie also gave me a kiss, but for some reason I felt too embarrassed and shy to reciprocate. I guess I'm just too much of Kim's guy to even sneak a peck with a rodent.

The teacups were awesome. Emily wanted to ride them with me, and I wanted to ride them with her. Seeing my comment on how I'm not centrifugally challenged it turns out neither is she. I went easy on her at first but she kept berating me "Faster Daddy!" until I was afraid of a shoulder dislocation and she was flailing like a rag doll.

She cried when we were done. She wanted to go on another spin so badly but I insisted we wait where we were expected. I hope I can get Kim to post a video of us on the ride...

Chapter 28b

It's a small world is a cute little ride with a cute little jingle that leaves me wanting earplugs for the last cute 5 minutes of it. It's nice and it could have used 3 more verses instead of going into repeat.

My wife didn't follow nearly so eagerly as she writes. I believe the interaction went this way:

Me: "Grab a kid and follow me, no questions."
Her: "What?"
Me: "SHhhh, just go this way."
Her: "Don't shhh me. Where are we going?"

The covertness of our approach was to prevent a mob surrounding Stacey BEFORE we could catch up to her.

My Word, Sam Champion has the most frighteningly perfect face on a human male. His eyes would follow me, as well as his hair, every time I was on that bus. Creepy to a new level I say.

Chapter 28a
It was nice to meet Meghan and Tony and Madison. I wish we had more time to visit and talk, but this is the pace of WDW.

We truly enjoyed meeting your family! I always wish there was more time to sit and chat. I'm such a talker! I'm glad to hear that you're family enjoyed CP too. It was our favorite meal back in January. I'm a big fan of Mickey waffles!

I love both of your stories!!!! How funny!!!! I am glad that Stacy is such a nice person..I know we have met people before and been disappointed that they aren't so nice. But the topper is that you got your wallet back.That is awesome. I have to say, tho'..... I have NO clue who Sam Champion is.:confused:

I love both of your stories!!!! How funny!!!! I am glad that Stacy is such a nice person..I know we have met people before and been disappointed that they aren't so nice. But the topper is that you got your wallet back.That is awesome. I have to say, tho'..... I have NO clue who Sam Champion is.:confused:

I was VERY excited to have my wallet back! :woohoo: It was the icing on the proverbial cake! ;) I believe that Sam Champion is one of the co-anchors on Good Morning America! :goodvibes

I just caught up on your TR. I love hearing from both of you! Can't wait for the next installment.

I loved the pics of your home in winter. *sigh* I think DH and I are the only people in New England just counting down the days until fall and winter. I would love to live somewhere that gets 3-4 feet of snow. Boston just doesn't cut it anymore.... time to move back to VT!

I just caught up on your TR. I love hearing from both of you! Can't wait for the next installment.

I loved the pics of your home in winter. *sigh* I think DH and I are the only people in New England just counting down the days until fall and winter. I would love to live somewhere that gets 3-4 feet of snow. Boston just doesn't cut it anymore.... time to move back to VT!

:welcome: Thanks for commenting! :goodvibes We do get us some snow up here! I guess it is nice for the first 2-3 months! After that though we start to dislike winter a bit! :rolleyes1

Hope to have the next (to last) installment up in a couple days! :)

just caught up with your updates--
yea!!:woohoo:you got your wallet back!!
:banana:for meeting the fairies!!
:yay:how cool to meet Stacey AND then get a picture with her too:dance3:

Chapter 29: POP-ing into the last night of our vacation!

Date: January 28th
Time: about 1:00pm
Place: en route to POP Century

The bus ride to POP was completely uneventful and we arrived in an orderly fashion! It was about 1 oclock by the time we arrived and wouldn't you know it there was a Magical Express bus unloading when we arrived! RATS!! I hurried into the lobby and found my way to the line!

There was about 6-7 other people ahead of me and a family with 2 very excited little girls behond me! They were so cute! They were dressed in their PJ's so I assumed they had left from their departure point very early in the morning! It was a nice distraction to listen to their excited chatter while I waited!

It seemed to be taking a rather long time with so few people in line. There were 7-8 CM's at the counter and with only a few people ahead of me it should have only taken a few minutes to get to me! When I finally got to the desk, I found out why! According to the CM who served me, Stitch had gotten into the computer system and was making a royal mess of things! Silly old Stitch!

Because of stitch, the CM wasn't able to give us our proper KTTW room keys with all the features. She gave me one master key just so we could get into our room and told me to came back a little later to get our proper keys. This wasn't really that important as we really didn't ned the special keys. Our keys from WL were still good until midnight and they had our park tickets and DDP on them so we were fine.

Our room was ready so we followed the map and found our way to the Fifties building! Too fun! I think that if we ever needed to do a budget trip I could definitely stay here! It is such a fun theme! I loved the Giant jukeboxes and all the little details all over the buildings. We were in room 2403 on the fourth floor I believe facing out toward the pool!

We dropped off our backpack, used the washroom and then went to the Main building in search of some food! I had seen a picture of some yummy food in the elevator and I knew exactly what I wanted to eat! We navigated our way to Everything POP! And took a look at the various menus until we finally settled on some grub! I believe Ken and the girls shared some nachos and a dessert of some kind and I had a Greek salad, an ice tea and some tye dyed cheesecake!

We sclepped our trays over to a table and sat down to eat. I had been craving me some Greek salad for a few days and was happy to oblige my stomach to its #1 fave treat! I LOVE me some greek salad! My absolute fave! The cheesecake was yummy too! ( interesting fact though that tye dyed cheesecake retains it's colour throughout your digestive system! Gave me quite a fright upon it's exit from my body the next day!)

After finishing our meal we returned to our room for a wee rest! Ken and the girls crashed as I was once again left lying there wide awake! I decided to get up and have a stroll around the grounds and take some pictures! Here are just a few that caught my attention! It was about 2:30pm at this point and there were many people out enjoying the pool! It was in fact a very nice afternoon!

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

DSC02571.jpg

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

I also took a stroll to Everything POP to check out what was in stock! WOW! If you have never been to that resort or that store – it is incredible! They have so many possible souvenirs! Almost anything you could think of! I didn't buy anything right then but I did make some notes for the next day! We had some credit to use up so we would be hitting the gift shop before we left!

I was of the opinion that my family had slept long enough and we were planning on going to PM EMH at Animal Kingdom! It was close to 3:30pm and we were planning on being at AK around 4pm. I woke them up, we had a quick freshen up and were at the bus stop 10 mins later! There were not many others at the bus stop so we assumed we would have to wait a while! WRONG! Within 2 minutes of walking up to the bus stop an AK bus was pulling up to the curb! SWEET! We boarded and were on our way!

Ha!! The thing about the cheesecake is hilarious....we have a place here that has ice cream like that, I forget the name of the flavor. But it does the same thing...my kids, especially the little one, flips out every time!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!! too weird...
glad you liked staying there... we have 5, so we would need the family all star suite, but I like it over there. When we stayed the buses were always quick. those pics are great.

“A letter to Minnie and Mickey!, I wrote it all by myself! I want to bring it to them and read it to them myself!” I wiped my eyes free of tears and promised that we would make it happen!

So now was the time. Ken said that he had a hard time keeping his composure as he watched give them the letter. Apparently, Mickey and Minnie made a big fuss over the letter and both of them had a good look at it before giving it to their handlers to hold! Natalie was on cloud 9! :cloud9:

How sweet! That wonderful Disney Magic strikes again!! :wizard:

Kathy

So nice to be able to "pop" over to another resort without too much difficulty (other than :stitch2: ) I've never done evening EMH at AK, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you all made out!

Kathy

Sweet you caught the bus that quickly! Don't you love when that happens!

Did you take a pic of the infamous tyedye cheesecake? I'm going to have to google it and see it !

Ha!! The thing about the cheesecake is hilarious....we have a place here that has ice cream like that, I forget the name of the flavor. But it does the same thing...my kids, especially the little one, flips out every time!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!! too weird...
glad you liked staying there... we have 5, so we would need the family all star suite, but I like it over there. When we stayed the buses were always quick. those pics are great.

I think I could stay there - don't think my husband would be joining me though! ;) He is not a fan of the values! :snooty: I think the Family Suites are a great deal - my sister has them on her short list of possible resorts for their first visit in 2011 - they have 3 kiddos too!

How sweet! That wonderful Disney Magic strikes again!! :wizard:

Kathy

Gotta love that Disney Magic! :banana:

Very, very cool!! :cool1:

So happy about the wallet, too!

Kathy

It was a great day all around! :thumbsup2

So nice to be able to "pop" over to another resort without too much difficulty (other than :stitch2: ) I've never done evening EMH at AK, so I'm looking forward to seeing how you all made out!

Kathy

I shall try to have the last chapter up by the end of this week! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts