Youth sports

SamFaniam

DIS Veteran
Where my niece goes to school, they started practices for fall sports on Monday, June 8. Her school has already closed their sports facilities due to a student testing positive for Covid, and she has to quarantine for 14 days as she was in contact with the student. Thankfully, my sister and BIL are still working from home. It is not the only school in her area where this is the case. They haven’t decided yet what her school year will look like, but this makes me really nervous for her and her classmates.

Where my niece goes to school, they started practices for fall sports on Monday, June 8. Her school has already closed their sports facilities due to a student testing positive for Covid, and she has to quarantine for 14 days as she was in contact with the student. Thankfully, my sister and BIL are still working from home. It is not the only school in her area where this is the case. They haven’t decided yet what her school year will look like, but this makes me really nervous for her and her classmates.

I heard its rare fr akid to give it to a kid, but you know what this i like, a new study every day saying just what the people who made the study to show. Best of luck to your niece

Mine go back to in person dance on Monday. It’ll be social distanced and with masks, which should be interesting in itself, but I’m excited for them to get back into the studio.

Little league started here last week and my nephew started sports camp yesterday.

I’m sorry to hear your niece was exposed. I hope she ends up being fine!

We started soccer training this past Monday. But, that is out door training at least. I'm curious if the sport you're talking about is indoor or outdoor.

DD13's sport has started back up. She's an equestrian. It's pretty easy to social distance. Each kid stays far apart while tacking and everyone wears masks. They remove the masks while they are in the lesson (riding) then put them back on to untack and groom the horses.

I’m in Ontario, no youth sports here this summer unfortunately and I doubt they will resume in the fall here, sad. My daughter missed out of the rest of her dance year and recital and her soccer season is canceled, as well as summer camp. Nothing fun left for kids to do here, even the splash pads and parks are still closed up where I am.

We started soccer training yesterday as well (club soccer), but it's limited to individual ball skill work and fitness and conditioning. No scrimmaging or anything else that initiates contact between players. The club hopes to get the go ahead for that later in the week. High school facilities have had some limited opening as well.

Mine go back to in person dance on Monday. It’ll be social distanced and with masks, which should be interesting in itself, but I’m excited for them to get back into the studio.

Little league started here last week and my nephew started sports camp yesterday.

I’m sorry to hear your niece was exposed. I hope she ends up being fine!

My daughters dance studio opened back May 18th and we just had our in person recital this last sat. It was wonderful. No masks and they kinda spread out in the room. The little kid classes took out area where they held hands in the dances it not much else changed. We had to move our recital to a different venue due to budget (lot didn’t Come back so less paying recital fee) and found one that sat Everyone and was easily able to spread people out.

We started soccer training yesterday as well (club soccer), but it's limited to individual ball skill work and fitness and conditioning. No scrimmaging or anything else that initiates contact between players. The club hopes to get the go ahead for that later in the week. High school facilities have had some limited opening as well.
Same here - club soccer practice resumed last week, but no scrimmaging or contact. Dance started back in the studio this week, but with limited numbers. Lacrosse practices will probably resume this weekend - not sure if they will have contact or not. And, High School football was told that they can hold at school workouts as soon as a health plan was filed/approved with the state - those should start next week.

My daughters dance studio opened back May 18th and we just had our in person recital this last sat. It was wonderful. No masks and they kinda spread out in the room. The little kid classes took out area where they held hands in the dances it not much else changed. We had to move our recital to a different venue due to budget (lot didn’t Come back so less paying recital fee) and found one that sat Everyone and was easily able to spread people out.
Happy for you, but envious! They can only let a max of 9 kids in person studio to maintain the social distance and masks are required by the county. Our director is getting creative and trying to include some outdoor space as well, so we’ll see how it all comes together next week.

They had their Spring show cancelled. Our June showcase would have been last weekend. My older two had a week long festival cancelled, which they started working on in August.

Now we hold our breath for Nutcracker in December.

My daughter has not been back to dance/theatre since it closed in March. Just this week in person resumed with all sorts of precautions in place. We are still not sending her and she has the option to continue via Zoom. My son and I have bad asthma and since COVID is still out there we are continuing to distance and be very careful. It just takes one person to potentially infect many. We just don't feel the risk is worth it for our family.

Close contact sports in our area (soccer, Lacrosse, etc.) were all cancelled for the Summer, but baseball & softball are trying to salvage something here in the next few weeks. Just not sure what the rush is? My kids' participation will depend solely on what the league proposes for keeping everyone safe.

Happy for you, but envious! They can only let a max of 9 kids in person studio to maintain the social distance and masks are required by the county. Our director is getting creative and trying to include some outdoor space as well, so we’ll see how it all comes together next week.

They had their Spring show cancelled. Our June showcase would have been last weekend. My older two had a week long festival cancelled, which they started working on in August.

Now we hold our breath for Nutcracker in December.

I am in Florida so that helped a lot.

oh man I feel so bad for the kids, prayers that nutcracker happens and that something fun works out. Now is the time to be creative and make special memories.

We started soccer training this past Monday. But, that is out door training at least. I'm curious if the sport you're talking about is indoor or outdoor.

She plays volleyball. Her school has an indoor practice facility that is huge, it’s got a football/soccer field, and various weight training facilities. This is separate from the gym, which they aren’t able to access yet, because it’s inside the school building. The practice facility is a separate building. A variety of teams were using the facility for conditioning and weight training.

My sister was told by another parent that the boy who was infected showed up June 8 and was symptomatic. He was not sent home, and returned on June 9.

I am in Florida so that helped a lot.

oh man I feel so bad for the kids, prayers that nutcracker happens and that something fun works out. Now is the time to be creative and make special memories.
Thank you! I feel bad for them too. Especially for my oldest who's been dancing since she was 3 and is down to her final two Nutcrackers with this studio/company. To lose one of them would be hard. But there is talk about moving it to March and maybe revamping some of the story. It'll be weird and different, but I'm thankful they're looking at alternatives to still make it happen.

Our state's high school athletic association has approved all fall sports. So of course football practices started last week, the second they could begin. My son has friends who are on the team and DH asked him if they can use the indoor weight room at school, or just practice outside, but he didn't know the answer. My son is on the soccer team and they will have a Zoom call soon to go over individual workouts and then pre-season camp usually begins the last week of July. I hope it all goes well for all our young athletes everywhere!

I've seen softball games at the field down the street start up this past week. Look to be girls, ages 10-16-ish. SW PA. Great nieces in WV will have a dance recital later in the summer. WV was not very hard hit with the virus.

High school and middle school sports started back up in east TN a few weeks ago. DH coaches high school football, DS plays middle school football and DD plays high school basketball. Small groups only (10 or less) and with temp checks each time. They run through several questions too (any shortness of breath and so on). They sanitize equipment after it is used. Athletic dead period begins June 21 and goes through July 5. Not sure if small groups will continue after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter