5/18
1.5 hrs wielding a sledge hammer breaking up concrete stairs
4 miles - 38:00 (Geo-Running)

5/20
4 miles - 20 minutes (biking)

5/21
5 miles - 23 minutes (biking)
ºoº

Hi everyone! I'm the newest recruit for the Super Goofs and glad to be here! My name is Kim and I am just starting out as a Couch to 5K runner. I started in April but my left ankle, which I sprained in 2004, decided to flare up right before my WDW trip at the end of the month -- on the day after a Rest Day, no less! -- so I had to lay off at the beginning of May until I was healed.

Guesstimating my first session:
5/12 = ~1.75 (w2d1) for ~31 minutes

Since I started tracking the miles, I've done:
5/14 = 1.76 (w2d2) in 26.5 min
5/16 = 2.0 (w2d3) in 30 min
5/18 = 1.8 (w3d1) in 24.5 min
5/20 = 2.0 (w3d2) in ~24.75 min
5/22 = 1.75 (w3d3) in 25.25 min
5/24 = 2.25 (w4d1) in 33 min

Total for May so far = ~13.31 miles and ~164 minutes
Does time spent playing Dance Dance Revolution count as cross-training? If so, please log me in for another 45 minutes.

I plan to run Monday/Wednesday/Friday this week, and will log those miles as I complete each session.

Sorry my times and mileage amounts are so minimal. But it's a lot more than I would have logged on the couch! DH and I are registered to do this year's Race for the Taste, so I plan to work my way up to more respectable numbers come late summer and early fall.

Oh and Mike, the movie quote is from "This is Spinal Tap"!

Good Sunday morning!!

Saturday...30 mins bike/6.28 miles

I'll be signing up for Race for the Taste this week and then the Princess 1/2 as we get closer and it starts to fill...trying to space out the cash. Luckily I live 18 miles from MK so I don't have the travel expenses that everyone else may have. I've decided that I want a wall of medals!!!

Good morning Super Goofs. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial weekend. Ours will be beautiful today and tomorrow. I have 5 on tap both days with hill repeats tomorrow. Today is just an easy run, yay for easy runs.

Please join me in welcoming our new members: PrincessVija, uptown_girl44 and the new member who has already posted, ksoehrlein. I hope to hear from all the new members soon. Please check in and let us know a little about yourselves. We are a kind and caring group who are so happy that you are here. :love:

Ksoehrlein: We have another member lynnielou who just completed the C25K program. How exciting to have you here!!!! Do not feel that your numbers are not there, the slots that you are filling were not posting at all so your numbers are better than theirs!!!!

Mike: Kids....fighting....what you talkin bout Willis?????? :lmao: Mine never fight...:scared: You would think with a DD13 and a DS6 and 7 years in between that someone would be old enough not to pick up the rope in an argument but, well, apparently she is waaaaay too much like her mother...:rolleyes1

Cecilia: I would only WISH that my DH was even involved in exercise, let alone help me with my training plan. Try looking on the bright side that he is wanting to help you improve. :lovestruc

Everyone else in this lovely motley crew, love ya, miss ya, can't wait to hear about your weeks....so post already. I know, I am the only crazy one up at 5 a.m. working on a Sunday of a holiday weekend......:sad2: :flower3:

Sorry my times and mileage amounts are so minimal. But it's a lot more than I would have logged on the couch

Hi Kim and Welcome!

Believe me, your times and amounts are great! There are many people on these boards that dream about getting your times so don't apologize.

When I first started it took me 14 minutes to run 1 mile. I fell over from exhaustion when I finished that mile. Your speed will improve as you gain confidence in your ability to do the miles.

We are glad to have you!

Cecilia

Oh I got so excited about a new member that I forgot to post that Dh got me in the pool last night.

I only went 4 laps. I am fighting another cold which I probably causght in the Drs office.

So:

100 yards in 6 minutes.

hardly worth posting.

Cecilia, you are so cute. :hug: And hey, a half mile (according to my calculations) in 6 minutes is nothing to pass off lightly. Notice, only Mike and Maura are in the pool too......:rolleyes1

Good morning Goofs, I see that you have already met Ksoehrlein. I have another new player coming over also, please welcome Up Town Girl. She will be along shortly.

Hope you guys are having a good spring and getting strong and lean and fast. Is it time to go to Disney World yet?

Walking Panda:hippie:

5 more months, 5 more months......:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Wooh, got too excited there for a minute. Thank you wonderfully awesome terrifical Panda!! :love: :love:

Lisa and Goofs, another newbee will be stopping by later or tomorrow, please welcome Princess Vija.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Hi! My name is Vanessa. Let me start off by saying I have not been running for long. I very recently started. My goal as of right now is to finish the princess half marathon next year. I am super excited about being on the team, but sad because I haven't written down anything so far this month.

I also have a kind of stupid question, if I am running outside how do I measure the miles?

Hi everyone!

Vanessa, Ksoehrlein, and Princess Vija :welcome:

Vanessa, I usually use this site

http://www.walkjogrun.net/account/

You have to remember where you ran, but its pretty accurate.

The other way is to pick up a pedometer or Garmin

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142

Glad to have you on the team, and you can do the 1/2 no problem!

Cecelia: Glad to see you in the pool...congrats! I never thought I would find something I liked less than running...turns out it was swimming! :lmao:

Lisa: Stop working! Says me as I check yet another email :rolleyes1

Today:

I had a stonker swim (40 minutes, 1300 yards) and a fair run (9.5 miles, 90 minutes...very hilly trail run, so i'm not going to sweat the time...)

Have a great weekend Goofs!!!

Ok Goof balls it's me again, I have another pretty princess who would like to hang out with y'all. Please welcome Linda, JimmDuck. Be on your best behavior now guys and remember the dress code. "No posting allowed when you are wearing jammies with feet".

Walking Panda:hippie:

I am Linda, from Nova Scotia, Canada, and am thrilled to be joined up with this group.

How'd you know that I dream of doing the Goofy at Disney someday? "Super Goofs" is perfect!

I am a certified Disney nut, and am planning my next trip there in December of this year - after my second attempt at a half on November 30th (Spacecoast). I am doing this with Team Arthritis (Joints in Motion) and chose this event because of its generous time allowance.

You see, I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew and first made an ill fated attempt at the Disney half (again with JIM) at a size when nobody should be considering doing anything like this - and, of course, got swept for not being fast enough.

Since then, I have done some smaller "races" (dead last on all but one - usually just me and the ambulance driver...) - five 5 ks, one five miler and one ten k - but still am far from consistent in training and have tons of weight to lose.

My most recent 5k (last Sunday) was disastrous and I very nearly quit.

While I finished the race, it was a PW and I keep the medal around to remind me of how awful a time I had and how big a mountain the half in November will be.

I need to be consistent. I have been given a custom made training schedule by one of the JIM trainers, but I need to follow it and I am especially bad at working out during the week.

For this week, I have been basically recovering - but I was in the gym for some speedwork and weights (I really need conditioning) for about an hour on Thursday and did about 1.5 k yesterday - plus about one half hour walking around a shopping mall (if that counts).

Probably will not do much today either, (catching up on laundry :laundy: and ofice work :surfweb: but hope to get back on the schedule tomorrow.

I have a hight stress, very demanding job but really want to reach my goals if at all possible.

I am also gunning for the Disney half again in 2010 - after Spacecoast, I will have a year to get the speed up.

I am not sure how this works - do you post here, on somewhere else.

Does someone add it all up?

I hope that you don't have to do great distances and times here - if so, I'd be in trouble.

I still do "turtle trots". I do, however, really enjoying walking and "racing" and we like to do it for charity. I did my most recent 5k for Team Diabetes.

Am enjoying the posts so far - and I don't really mind what you wear on your feet - lol!

Linda

:tinker: :donald: :dumbo: :mickeyjum

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be on this team. I know this is just what I need to be accountable, and get myself to exercise more.

to introduce myself... I am married to my HS sweetheart and today is our anniversary!:love: We have been married for 17 years and dated for 7 years before that! WOW! I have 2 great kids, DS13 and DD9. and a doggy named princess! My heritage is Latvian and I am very proud of that. I am also another Disney nut and love to stay at POP century. AND I love to try and figure out ways to get to Disney as often as I can. This year we are going to celebrate my 40th birthday there.

I have been overweight for a long, long, long time. I am only 5' 2 1/2 (that 1/2 is very important!;) ) and I have over 1/2 of my body weight to loose. I have been going to Weight watchers but have not been even remotely consistent with my efforts. I am enjoying my anniversary today, and am going to recommit tomorrow to the program.

Exercise has been hit or miss. When I am "on" I am "on" and exercise consistently, when I am off, well....

In January I started TaeKwonDo. (my DS is a 2nd degree black belt and my DD is a blue belt). The instructor is awesome and is working with me to help me get healthier. I loved breaking my first board at my first testing and I am looking forward to my next testing in June. I'll be an orange belt then.

My goals... I am planning on doing the WDW 1/2 marathon in 2010. I will earn my black belt that year as well. I would also like to start doing some shorter races to get into the swing of things.

Basicly I just want to loose weight, be healthy and be proud of myself.

So I have some questions...

How do you convert exercise times into mileage? Twice a week I do TaeKwonDo for 45 minutes, how is that converted, or do I just report minutes exercised?

And today, We went to Holy Hill, which is a church up on a high hill, we walked the paths there for over an hour, but I have no idea how to figure out the mileage.

Pedometers don't really work for me, I have tried them and not sure if it is because my tummy is so big, but it is not even close to accurate. I am not opposed to buying a new pedometer, but not sure which one to get, I don't want to waste my money if it won't work yet. Is there one made to put ON a shoe?

Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting in some exercise!:yay:

Wow! Welcome Everyone!

There are several websites that you can use to find out how far you ran. I like mapmyrun.com because I can remember the name.

I think the easiest way to use this board is to check in here every day. I usually stop by as I drink my morning cup of coffee. It motivates me. Usually I post right after I complete my days training but sometimes I can't get to it until the next day.

However, not everyone has a cush job like mine, so don't feel like you have to check in everyday.

Cecilia

Holy smokes- 3 new members! Welcome Kim! (plus the other two who have to tell us more about themselves)
Nothing for me this weekend. These are my work days as in the ones I get paid for so no exercise for me but I have the 10 miler up a mountain on Sunday. I am so excited!

Oops- I got so excited to welcome a new team member that I skipped an entire page! So sorry and WELCOME everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter