Yay For May Super Goofs Challenge Thread

Hi Goofs!

A big welcome to all the new members of the team. Especially to Princess Vija ~~~ woo hoo! so glad you are a member of the Super Goofs, how have you been? Is the new job working for you? You are a delight!

I have taken a brief hiatus due to real life taking over this last week as the family had a garage sale this weekend. Tomorrow is the last day and I am very glad this "chore" will be behind us.

I plan to get right back on track with my exercise plan come Wednesday.

Again, welcome to all and well ~~~ keep on moving is what I say.

Have a great Holiday!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

A big welcome to all the new members of the team. Especially to Princess Vija ~~~ woo hoo! so glad you are a member of the Super Goofs, how have you been? Is the new job working for you? You are a delight!

Thanks! You are too sweet! Yes, the new job is working out so far. It has been hard to adjust to working Mon-Fri again. But otherwise so far so good!:thumbsup2

So, I have questions for all of you...

Do I go back and count up all the exercise for May?
When do you usually post your exercise: weekly, daily?
For the exercise that is not mile related (i.e. taekwondo class) do I post the time exercised then?

Thanks a bunch!:goodvibes

Welcome to all the new members!!!!

Weekend totals

Sat: Time 50 min
miles 4

Sunday: time 45 min
miles 4

Beth

Hi Goofs it's me again, the recruiter Panda. I have Becky, ReAnST, and DeeDee, Mickeydee coming over to hang out with y'all. I know they will find lots of support here.:cloud9:

Recuiter Panda:hippie:

Hi, I'm Becky. I see I am not the only newbie here. I had lost over 60 pounds and was exercising daily, and had wanted to lose about 40 more pounds. Well somehow I fell off the bandwagon and have been slowly gaining weight about 10 pounds.

Well I have decided to do something about it, so I hope to consistently exercise again. Particularly, walking, jogging, swimming. I will not let my self get to 200 pounds again.

I also have been contemplating signing up for the Princess 1/2 next March. Whether I actually do the 1/2 or not I need to exercise and keep myself on track. So I get to my weight loss goal of 100 pounds and an all around healthier life style.

Today I walked about 3 miles.

Hello all! Another newbie here. Let's see...I'm Deedee and I've been steadily losing (rather, maintaining) my weight for the past 2 1/2 years. My highest weight was 333. I've lost over 80 lbs since September of 2005 and obviously have a lot more to go. The past year has been tough in that respect. I've gained and lost the same 10 lbs about 5 times since May of last year.

Anyway, I'm hardcore into my walking right now and trying to make better food choices. I can use all the support I can get! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

I did W4D2 of C25K this morning. A very unimpressive 2.02 miles in 30.75 minutes. I'm so discouraged! If I do RftT at this pace, I'll get swept for sure. I'm so glad I have another 5.5 months to train!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: All new members of the Super Goofs. Also, I am welcoming back ArelysAdriana who PM'd me over the weekend that she did still want to play with us, so see, we don't completely smell......:rolleyes1

First up, I want to answer the questions regarding miles and minutes. If you do an activity that contains miles, running, walking, hiking, biking, swimming, etcetera, you are eligible to record both the miles and minutes that it took you. For example, 3 miles in 30 minutes. If you do an activity such as aerobics, pilates, taekwondo or the like where you do not rack up miles, you record only the minutes. Such as pilates class, 1 hour. I am the one liable for recording and adding up miles and minutes so post away every day and I will get this done for you. As for finding out your mileage, mapmyrun, mapmywalk, etcetera are the easiest to use although I find them not as accurate as my wonderful little Garmin...:love: So I hope that clears things up for you.

In case you all missed it, Cecilia is the new cocaptain so in the event that I have to be absent for a long period, she is the one liable (sorry Cecilia) for all that fun stuff with the spreadsheet. The link is in the Welcome to WISH section for anyone who wants to see it. I will be adding in new members this week.

Me, well, as you all noticed, I took yesterday off. Not from exercising but from DISing and working in general. I ran on Sunday and it was discouraging. I felt very "heavy" and I had to keep motivating myself through the run. I went 5.5 miles and it took me 59 minutes. Yucky I know. Yesterday, I redeemed myself by running 3.58 miles with a couple hill repeats in there in 35:50 for a 10 mpm pace which made me a little happier. I keep telling myself that 5 miles is a long way for me as I had cut my miles back so much. I also discovered that Adidastar Control 5 sneaks are only good for about 200 miles and I had exceeded that limit. :mad: So, on the good news side, I get to find new sneaks. Saucony is my standby but I am going to try an Asics this time and see how it feels. The Saucony's are good for 300-400 miles which is a better wear for me. So much for the free sport, so far I have mentioned my expensive footwear and my arm bling. :thumbsup2 No one tell my DH okay.....:lmao:

All for one and one for all Super Goofs. Get out there, miles, miles, miles, just think of me on your shoulder the whole way!!!! :woohoo: Oh and to all doing the 1/2 in 2010, can't wait to see you.... that is my Goofy year!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

5/22
1.5 miles/23 mins

5/23
1.5 miles/22 mins

5/24
2 miles/32 mins

5/25
6 miles/100 mins

5/26
2.5 miles/41 mins

Welcome new members...now we're cookin'!!

90 minutes on tap for later today...it was 40 degrees at 0500 and REALLY windy...so that was a non-starter for Mikey

8 miles/120 mins today...we could have kept going but it was getting HOT and the Florida bugs were everywhere

Two girls at work want to sign up for the Race for the Taste with me...they say I inspire them to do it! :rotfl2:

Does anyone else have the wii fit? Did out 20 minutes of different stuff with GG#3. It's really fun for those on the fence about getting one. We are having a blast. It is hysterical watching the gang virtual hula hoop!

Hey Goofs I have one more player for y'all, she is very motivated to succeed. Please welcome Crazy4Disney06.

Walking Panda

Hi everyone,
I'm just going to post a little bit about me.
My name is Randi. I'm 28. I have one beautiful son Davy who will be 7 in October. I've been married to my best friend David for just over 8 years.
I am 5'3" tall and currently weigh 186 pounds :(
My all time highest weight was 259 pounds in 2002. I went on the Atkins diet and lost down to 135.5. A total of 123.5 pounds lost !! I kept most of the weight off until about this time last year. I started gaining weight for no real reason. In October I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I have gained 50 pounds back I have tried to go back on the Atkins diet with no success. I tried Weight Watchers for 17 weeks only to gain about 11 pounds during that time.
My doctor put me on Synthroid for my thyroid, and my thyroid levels are currently regulated (finally) but I still can not get the scale to budge. I am scared to getting back to where I started at 259 pounds. I need help and support, but can seem to find it anywhere. I am desperate and would love a team and support system to share my journey with. Just when I thought I had beaten the battle of the bulge, medical issues have made it almost impossible.
At this point I can use all the help I can get. I'm not even sure where to start on my own and I'm tired of failing.
I am looking foward to this team and all the support!
I'm going to try to read all the posts to get my self cought up on everything and everyone.

Randi

Welcome!
I went on Atkins for a few months. Lots about 20 pounds- until I had a grilled cheese sandwich. It was the best thing I ever ate! Foccia bread and swiss cheese plus butter on both sides. Yum!

I am in such awe of our new team mates. Keep up the good work!

At this point I can use all the help I can get. I'm not even sure where to start on my own and I'm tired of failing.
I am looking foward to this team and all the support!

Randi[/QUOTE]

Hi Randi-
I was going thru some stuff to change my profile and I thought this could apply to you
"our greatest glory is not in never falling but rising each time we fall" (confucious)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter