• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wow. The new poly studios are gorgeous

In Tokelau now. 3rd floor is done. First floor is still being worked on. Not sure about 2nd.

Do you have a Murphy bed in your room? I’m asking because I saw a report on Facebook that poster’s Tokelau room had a sofa bed, not the Murphy bed.

I’m thinking front desk was mistaken when they said ours was new room as we didn’t get Murphy bed. At parks now but I can tell you it’s red.

A picture is on Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian FB page in comments, 9/16 post. Also, someone posted on the Poly Owners thread that they were staying in Moorea in a partially refurbished room and had a sofa bed, murphy bed still to be installed.
I'm sure all DVC villas will receive new murphy beds, just some later than others. Could be a supply chain issue and/or making sure those who booked at 11mos for 50th anniversary have a room.

Last edited:
A picture is on Tikiman's Unofficial Polynesian FB page in comments, 9/16 post. Also, someone posted on the Poly Owners thread that they were staying in Moorea in a partially refurbished room and had a sofa bed, murphy bed still to be installed.
I'm sure all DVC villas will receive new murphy beds, just some later than others. Could be a supply chain issue or making sure those who booked at 11mos for 50th anniversary have a room.
After seeing videos that’s ours. We have all updates but Murphy bed.

So the room is completely refurbed in Moorea but they kept the old red pull-out sofa? Supply chain issues makes sense honestly.

Are they still moving DVC folks to the hotel side? Or are they releasing rooms back to inventory as they complete them?

DVC owner here; we changed our reservation from SSR to Poly when we save some Poly availability a couple of weeks ago. We enjoyed our stay in a deluxe studio (lake view, 2nd floor) in Moorea last week (3 nights). The room had undergone its "soft goods" upgrade complete with new Murphy bed. It was awesome ... and we think we may have been the first guests to stay in that particular unit. LOVE the Poly and hope to stay there again soon!

I hope this is not true. The Murphy bed is the one change about the rooms i wanted and liked.
Could be a supply chain issue or being under a time restraint for the 50th :confused3 but all studio villas will get that Murphy bed. 😍

Anyone know if the Lake View is updated yet??? I'll be there soon and would love to have a new room!

Edit: I guess Moorea is done? So Stitch for me!!!!!

Anyone know if the Lake View is updated yet??? I'll be there soon and would love to have a new room!

Edit: I guess Moorea is done? So Stitch for me!!!!!

It is hard to say if the entire lake view is done. From the posts in this thread, it sounded like some rooms were refurbed but still missing the murphy bed, while other rooms have the murphy bed. I changed my late October 1 night dvc stay before we head to copper creek for the rest of our trip from standard poly to lake view poly, and I asked for 3rd floor (like everyone else lol). Realy hope the murphy beds will be there. Good luck everyone!

Arriving in six days 🤞 for a Murphy bed. Can hardly wait to see the updates in person.

Thanks but I've done that already LOL. No luck :(

I was there this past October 1, 3rd floor Tokelau, no murpby bed, but everything else in the room had been completed. From what I have read, the beds are slowly being installed. The best chance to guarantee a Murphy bed is to stay in Pago Pago, first building to be refurbished. I have heard that the first floor of Tokelau has Murphy beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter