Wow. The new poly studios are gorgeous

but with Universal’s lax Covid policies
um, define lax:confused3

fully vaccinated & consider myself careful as to masking up in public.

have been to both WDW & U multiple times since last September, last visit to both parks was over 4th of July. Yes, it was crowded, the 6 foot social distancing policy was changed during said trip.

However, speaking from my real life experience here…both parks are doing a bang-up job with precautions.

YMMV; enjoy your trip, congrats on snagging the reservation.

um, define lax:confused3
It is not my intent to get into a debate about policies, but UO does not require masks as Disney does. Given the prevalence of the Delta outbreak in Orlando and the rising Mu cases, this in our definition is “lax” policy, and we prefer to minimize risk especially considering two members of our party cannot be vaccinated. Disney is doing more the UO to keep all guests safe.

So those Poly studios. Pretty gorgeous, eh?
Yes! And I for one and am glad they kept the Stitch theming (though I do have a soft spot for Moana, so maybe at some point I'll need to stay on the hotel side), though I can understand the disappointment for some in moving away from the bright reds and oranges.

Stitch is our family favorite, happy Lilo & Stitch are represented. The artwork behind the Murphy bed and on kitchenette backsplash is Moana-ish, at least to me8-)
Feel like we have a little of both.

Has the family meal take out for ohana resumed?

It is not my intent to get into a debate about policies, but UO does not require masks as Disney does. Given the prevalence of the Delta outbreak in Orlando and the rising Mu cases, this in our definition is “lax” policy, and we prefer to minimize risk especially considering two members of our party cannot be vaccinated. Disney is doing more the UO to keep all guests safe.
No debate on my end, just sharing my real life experiences via visiting both parks over the last year.

even tho masks aren’t mandated at U ( currently, we are living in a fluid situation, things can easily rapidly change), I’ve observed many fellow guests voluntarily wearing them.

We are all in this together. :wizard: May be taking divergent paths but, we’ll get there in the end!

Reactions: EYL
is Stitch still on the single pull down bed?
And does anyone know if the Lilo and Stitch character meal will be returning?

we haven’t stayed in PVB, and our last stay was before our wedding when we had a room facing the Wedding Pavilion! Are there specific rooms or buildings people would recommend we request?

even tho masks aren’t mandated at U ( currently, we are living in a fluid situation, things can easily rapidly change), I’ve observed many fellow guests voluntarily wearing them.
“Many” is still not all, and studies and polls have shown that people who are unvaccinated are the most likely not to wear masks, and there have been plenty of reports - including on this board - of low mask adoption and being stuck in lines with people not wearing masks. I would love to be done with Covid, but not requiring masking in the midst of a surging pandemic isn’t the way to get there, IMHO, or for us at least isn’t worth the risk. UO will be there another year, and for now if we do go on this trip, we trust Disney to do more to keep us all safe.

is Stitch still on the single pull down bed?
And does anyone know if the Lilo and Stitch character meal will be returning?

we haven’t stayed in PVB, and our last stay was before our wedding when we had a room facing the Wedding Pavilion! Are there specific rooms or buildings people would recommend we request?

“Many” is still not all, and studies and polls have shown that people who are unvaccinated are the most likely not to wear masks, and there have been plenty of reports - including on this board - of low mask adoption and being stuck in lines with people not wearing masks. I would love to be done with Covid, but not requiring masking in the midst of a surging pandemic isn’t the way to get there, IMHO, or for us at least isn’t worth the risk. UO will be there another year, and for now if we do go on this trip, we trust Disney to do more to keep us all safe.

Yes, Stitch is still in the under the TV pull down bed. That piece of furniture didn’t change.

My recommendation for room requests is always Tokelau for DVC standard studios. Specifically, rooms at the north end of the building- facing the Oasis pool.

Yes, Stitch is still in the under the TV pull down bed. That piece of furniture didn’t change.
DH says he’s really tempted to sleep there. Stitch is his favorite Disney character - though Pluto and Zero are close seconds. ;-)

My recommendation for room requests is always Tokelau for DVC standard studios. Specifically, rooms at the north end of the building- facing the Oasis pool.
thank you! I’d love a pool view so that’s what we’ll do! The volcano pool didn’t exist when we last stayed at Polynesian so that would be nice!

I can confirm the refurb is done in Moorea. The studios look lovely, and the front entrance to the grand ceremonial house is fully open and really nice looking.

This is so exciting! Do you know how Tokelau is looking by any chance? Crossing my fingers they are also refurbed by my trip in October. 🤩

Did I read somewhere that the Poly resort side has 1 bedroom units? If so, is that something that will maybe be coming to the DVC side at some point?

Did I read somewhere that the Poly resort side has 1 bedroom units? If so, is that something that will maybe be coming to the DVC side at some point?

There's no current indication it's coming to DVC. I'm also not sure how they would be able to convert existing deeded units to 1BR. But perhaps down the road if they converted more buildings to DVC it would be a possibility....I should probably load up on PVB points before people lose the excuse of they only have studios.

This is so exciting! Do you know how Tokelau is looking by any chance? Crossing my fingers they are also refurbed by my trip in October. 🤩
It was actively being worked on. i don’t think it’s possible to get a non-refurb DVC room at this point, but I don’t know when they’ll reopen Tokelau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter