Would you consider this a water view?

No, I would not consider that a water view and no I would not be happy if I paid extra for a water view and that's what I got. I hope they either move you or reimburse you the extra you paid for a water view.

VIEW does not mean the same to Disney as it does to most of us. SO to answer your question, yes that is a Disney Water View. To Disney all that means is which way your room is facing. You are facing towards water, doesn't mean you actually have a view. It's been that way for many years.

I disagree, they do say you have a view of water. Their garden wing water view room description specifies:
“Adjacent to Main Tower, Views of Pools, Marina or Bay Lake”

The garden wing resort view:
“Adjacent to Main Tower, Views of Parking Area or Obstructed Views”

The room OP had was clearly an obstructed view.

No, I absolutely would not consider that a water view room. And I would be going down politely and requesting either a room switch to an actual water view, or to be compensated the difference between water view and garden view.

No way is that water view. I don't even see one iota of water. Direction of the view ... give me a break that does not constitute water. I don't care if Disney calls it that, what a load of crock! Do you see any water when you view outside??? Nope! Then it is NOT water view. Period.

I am irritated for you. :sad2:

VIEW does not mean the same to Disney as it does to most of us. SO to answer your question, yes that is a Disney Water View. To Disney all that means is which way your room is facing. You are facing towards water, doesn't mean you actually have a view. It's been that way for many years.

We once booked AKL Pool View. We could not see the pool even if we leaned out ... we could see all the roofs of the restaurants and the guests across from with all their towels hanging on the railings. I decided then we'd never pay for pool view there again.

There once was a thread where folks posted their view with photos. Some were horrible!!!
Anyone who falls for that load of crock doesn’t deserve a refund in their view pricing…

We once booked AKL Pool View. We could not see the pool even if we leaned out ... we could see all the roofs of the restaurants and the guests across from with all their towels hanging on the railings. I decided then we'd never pay for pool view there again.

There once was a thread where folks posted their view with photos. Some were horrible!!!
I hate to say it, but @HopperFan is exactly right. The view categories at Disney just mean what direction you will be facing. Its not worth paying for a specific view, because that does not guarantee its a good one. Besides, I would estimate that about 20% of the time, give or take, we get upgraded to the "better" view for no additional charge.

For the OP, the situation stinks. It sucks to expect one thing but receive something different. Hope you are able to focus on the positive and still enjoy yourself

I hate to say it, but @HopperFan is exactly right. The view categories at Disney just mean what direction you will be facing. Its not worth paying for a specific view, because that does not guarantee its a good one. Besides, I would estimate that about 20% of the time, give or take, we get upgraded to the "better" view for no additional charge.

For the OP, the situation stinks. It sucks to expect one thing but receive something different. Hope you are able to focus on the positive and still enjoy yourself

Curious (no snark), as I am an Epcot resort person and I have never stayed at CR. Does it stipulate when you book a water view room that you may not see water? Is Disney transparent and upfront in informing you when booking that you may not see water even though you booked a water view room? That tidbit of information is critical, and if they failed to tell guests booking that room then they need to either switch rooms or compensate.

That is such bologna to me. In my eyes, that is shady as all get out for Disney to pull that. Direction of room does not constitute a water view if you can't physically see water.

However, if they clearly state at time of booking that you may not see water, than I would have to say they OP just got terribly unlucky. But something tells me Disney isn't that upfront. 😒

ETA: I just looked it up because I am chapped for OP. (@Jackiethemermaid please let us know your resolution with this)
Water View says views of pool, marina, or Bay Lake. OP has none of that. Their view is of grass and trees.

Last edited:
Curious (no snark), as I am an Epcot resort person and I have never stayed at CR. Does it stipulate when you book a water view room that you may not see water? Is Disney transparent and upfront in informing you when booking that you may not see water even though you booked a water view room? That tidbit of information is critical, and if they failed to tell guests booking that room then they need to either switch rooms or compensate.

That is such bologna to me. In my eyes, that is shady as all get out for Disney to pull that. Direction of room does not constitute a water view if you can't physically see water.

However, if they clearly state at time of booking that you may not see water, than I would have to say they OP just got terribly unlucky. But something tells me Disney isn't that upfront. 😒

ETA: I just looked it up because I am chapped for OP. (@Jackiethemermaid please let us know your resolution with this)
Water View says views of pool, marina, or Bay Lake. OP has none of that. Their view is of grass and trees.
I did ask to change, thankfully I think the resorts aren't as full this week so they were accommodating. Though I would have been okay if they didn't have availability since on a technicality I could sort of see water lol. Live and learn I suppose :)

If I paid extra for a 'water view', I would not be happy. Did this category involve an additional charge? If the choices were 'garden view' vs. 'water view' and both were the same price, then I don't think there is much to complain about. The trees likely have grown over the years and you can see a bit of the lake in the background.

I did ask to change, thankfully I think the resorts aren't as full this week so they were accommodating. Though I would have been okay if they didn't have availability since on a technicality I could sort of see water lol. Live and learn I suppose :)
A view isn’t worth a damper on your trip, but if they didn’t change they should have compensated.

Glad you got the switch! :thumbsup2 Have a fabulous trip!!! :goodvibes

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest