• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Would anyone like to join me & be a volunteer for the Full Marathon? UPDATE 9/10

Hey all... if you forget your Cow Bells, I noticed that in Germany they sell them in all different sizes.

OR CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!

http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/promobell.htm

If you want, I can get a price quote for having WISH imprinted on some bells. How cool would that be???? I also have catalogs from other companies here at work and I may be able to find some cow bells in one of those.

Hey all... if you forget your Cow Bells, I noticed that in Germany they sell them in all different sizes.

OR CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!

http://www.redhillgeneralstore.com/promobell.htm

If you want, I can get a price quote for having WISH imprinted on some bells. How cool would that be???? I also have catalogs from other companies here at work and I may be able to find some cow bells in one of those.

What a riot:lmao: :lmao: I was teasing when I posted about having lime green cowbells. Who would guess that you could get customized cowbells?? I definitely would love a WISH one!!

Hey - someone else suggested that (Bill maybe?). I am not even crazy enough try to to do the Half, stay up all night at JRs, then go right to volunteering at the Full. :eek:
(delayed reaction, huh?)

WIMPS!

E-bay also has various cow bells, including sampler sets of 4 for approximately $19.00 (plus about $8.00 S&H), as well as official Olympic ones as seen/used at the winter Olympics for skiing and speed skating fans.

Yup! ;)

As for the cow bells, I could go either way. The customized ones would be awesome. I am thinking they'd be pricey though. Bill's idea of the ones from eBay would probably be alot cheaper and work just as well. So, I will go with the majority on this one!

Pat - Oh you made me laugh! They are COW bells, not HORSE bells! HA HA HA! :lmao: Although in hunting season we have been known to wear sleigh bells so we don't get shot when we are riding on the trails.

I was just going to get one at the local Agway store. I am assuming they have them. But thanks Jen, for that website. I see you are just as busy as I am at work. :rotfl2:

Well Judy, I just thought that since horses are large animals and cows are large animals that you probably shopped at someplace like Farm & Fleet that would sell products for those type of animals. I am strictly a city girl myself, but there is a Farm & Fleet about 40 minutes away. DH bought horse trough heaters to use in our koi pond during the winter. If you buy the heaters at the pond place the cost is through the roof, but at F&F they are very reasonable. I'll have to get him to take me there and we will look for cowbells.

I can't believe how quickly ToT is approaching, and then right after that is Donald/Mickey in January. Now, if only Disney Sports would announce the plans for spring I would be all set.

Well Judy, I just thought that since horses are large animals and cows are large animals that you probably shopped at someplace like Farm & Fleet that would sell products for those type of animals. I am strictly a city girl myself, but there is a Farm & Fleet about 40 minutes away. DH bought horse trough heaters to use in our koi pond during the winter. If you buy the heaters at the pond place the cost is through the roof, but at F&F they are very reasonable. I'll have to get him to take me there and we will look for cowbells.

I can't believe how quickly ToT is approaching, and then right after that is Donald/Mickey in January. Now, if only Disney Sports would announce the plans for spring I would be all set.

Well, thats good thinking Pat. Oh you have a koi pond? How cool! :thumbsup2

Yes! Hellooooooooo??? Disney Sports!?!?! You're killing us here! Helllooooo!???? :headache:

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't checked this thread recently.

Great to see so many people volunteering, thank you for starting this Kristi....WDW should give you a extra meal voucher or something for getting all these extra people;)

Kim

Hey, no problem!!! I took an eeensy weeensy little break to check on all you volunteers!!! We have a Fleet Farm just down the road from work, so if anyone needs me to check on bells and possibly ship them, let me know. Oh, but I beg of you.... please don't ring it in my ear!!!!!!! I had someone fire one of those fog horn things in my ear at the half and I almost punched them!!!

Have a great day you wonderful volunteers!!!!

Bump....in hopes of recruiting more WISHers.... ;)

Also, I wanted to remind everyone that Kristi (yes, she even spells it the same way) from Disney Sports is out of the office through Thursday. So, I won't hear from her for at least a few days. And I am going out of town Friday morning through the weekend for a bridal shower / bachelorette weekend in PA / NY. So, I very well may not be in touch with her until sometime next week. I just didn't want any of you to wonder what was going on.

So, anyone else want to join us on our volunteering adventure??? :banana:

UPDATE!

I just hung up with Kristi from Disney Sports.
Basically, they do not allow "groups" at water stop #2.
There is no benefit to having a "group" other than being together.

We can simply all sign up for water stop #2 to be together!
So, those of you who have not signed up - go sign up NOW!
:cheer2:

I asked if it was ok to wear our lime green WISH gear. She said yes, but that they only ask that you wear the jacket you are given as well. So, for those of us that have WISH hats - that would work great! We could also leave our jackets unzipped as well.

She is keeping my email info and will contact me next year in May or June to see if we are interested in group volunteering for next year.

*Kristi*Thanks for the update. Is anyone signing up for Water Stop #2 Blue. I am partial to the 8:00 AM shift finish time, don't have a "horse in the race" so to speak, and figure we could get at least some WISH coverage at both stops. I don't want to be a lone-WISHer though (the reason I am signing up is to spend some time with my WISH-peeps), so I just thought I'd check so I can decide between Red or Blue.

This has probably been covered but I'm not finding it. We are staying at Pop. How do we get from there to where we need to be at 3 am? Do I remember seeing that we actually go to WWS and get shuttled to our stations from there? So, how do we get from Pop to WWS? Will buses be running? Even though it's close, you can't walk it, right? (Obviously I'm not only a 1/2 marathon newbie but this is also my first time to DW! Now, if you want to know anything about DisneyLAND, I'm your go to person...)

:confused3

And another question... If we do the red #2 water station, we can just walk from there after our shift to catch the runners closer to the finish line, right? On the map they look pretty close together. However, I've got absolutely no concept of how big all of this is anyway, so "close" is a relative term!

Our shift is over at 9, and we could actually expect some runners to start crossing the finish line around when? If we're done at 6 am, is there time to go back to Pop and take a nap, and get back to the finish line to cheer?

I'm not "getting" how a person gets around that morning because I'm guessing roads are closed, etc.

Thanks for your help!!

I am not even crazy enough try to to do the Half, stay up all night .....then go right to volunteering at the Full

Gee. That's my plan. And I'll be on a bike for the full and probably pedal aboout 40 miles to boot.

And they call this :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: fun?????

*Kristi*Thanks for the update. Is anyone signing up for Water Stop #2 Blue. I am partial to the 8:00 AM shift finish time, don't have a "horse in the race" so to speak, and figure we could get at least some WISH coverage at both stops. I don't want to be a lone-WISHer though (the reason I am signing up is to spend some time with my WISH-peeps), so I just thought I'd check so I can decide between Red or Blue.

My DW is signed up for Water Stop #2 Blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter