• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Working on Weight Loss During Training--Wk of 11/19

HEy everyone... I have been so busy that training has not happened at all this week. I feel like a bit of a failure.

My eating has gone OK. So far I have not gone overboard with treats. I weighed this morning and I am still down the 4 pounds I lost when we started this thread, so I am happy.

I am swamped at work and totally exhausted. The feelings of the rundowns and sickness are starting to come on, so I am fighting it off the best I can. WOW, I never thought it would be so hard now that we are this close!

Carrie -- :banana: :woohoo: :cool1: Congratulations, sweetie! I know you can do another pound, no problem! Just don't let taper food madness get to you. :teeth:

Jen -- You are NOT a failure. Many of us just aren't able to carve out the training time right now. That doesn't make any of us failures. Look at how far we have come! Congratulations on being down 4 pounds. How awesome that has to feel! :banana:

I was not as crazy out of control last night on food, though I still ate more than what I should and could have made better choices. DH brought home fresh soft pretzels, but it wasn't so fresh by the time I got home, so I should have skipped it. I did make a core dinner of egg beaters w/lean ham, and gave most of the egg to my furbaby. Oh, and I had four small cubes of cheddar cheese (another weakness).

Core breakfast this morning of weight watchers oatmeal. I have 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple for snacks today and I have leftover salad from yesterday for lunch, so I should be good. Of course, the trick is when I get home, but I hope to go to the gym on the way and I have a banana in my workout bag to eat when I get in the car to drive home. That should alleviate my expected hunger until I can eat grilled chicken when I get home.

I know the next several days are going to be so difficult for all of us. :blush: I am really hoping we can all check in here as frequently as possible to provide support and encouragement and accountability. :love: I know I need you guys -- A LOT!!!! :guilty: :lovestruc

Hi everyone--I've been guiltily thinking of all of you while munching my way thru an amazing assortment of holiday foods. Of course, I didn't eat for several days last week after my lovely stomach virus--now that was pleasant!! On top of all of this, my church is having an internal struggle that has shown several peoples true colors. I am not even sure I know how to walk anymore!

In other words, I have surrendered, for the time being. I'll meet you all back here next week (or maybe after new year's).

Everyone have a wonderful holiday season.

NC - DOn't give up!!!! Think about how you wil feel after the new year when you a a few more pounds added to what you need to lose. WHen you look back, those moments of joy while eatingwill not have lasted long enough to be worth it. (Easier said than done, I know, but you probably will regret it.) Just try to make the healthiest choice you can adn, if you really need to eat some junk, watch your portions. :grouphug: Church struggles are the worst. SOUnds like an awful time for you. Hope things get better soon!

Good afternoon everyone!

No running this week. Still battling chest congestion and an intermittent cough. Finally got the doc to spring for some antibiotics. I hope they help.

Will attempt to run my 10 miler on Sunday, or at least go as far as I can. We'll see how it goes.

So, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, and Merry Christmas!!!

We'll see you on the flip side. :smooth:

:cool1:

I must be sick, I posted in the wrong thread.

apeno.gif

We can get through the holidays w/out much damage

I ate everything that wasn't nailed down the past 3 days. :-( And now my favorite jeans are really, really tight. Back on WW Core full force today! I barely have enough clothes as it is, never mind having to buy new, bigger ones! ACK!!!

I agree with you Kristi...back on track today! Hope everyone had a nice time yesterday and that Santa was kind to you.lol

I am right there with you guys. Ate everything that wasn't nailed down and then some. UGH!
Back on core today, though I did have a piece of rustic Tuscan bread this morning for breakfast. I'll certainly head to the gym tonight to earn at least enough APs to cover that.

I'm back as well. I ate everything and anything these last few days and then last night when I got home I purged the house from all the junk. Even pitched the unopened crap just to get it out of here. I have to get with it as even my "big" jeans are getting tight.

Today so far:

2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 c. lf cheese, 1pc ww toast

WISHing everyone an OP day!

What is rustic Tuscan bread? It sounds good.

I am right there with you guys. Ate everything that wasn't nailed down and then some. UGH!
Back on core today, though I did have a piece of rustic Tuscan bread this morning for breakfast. I'll certainly head to the gym tonight to earn at least enough APs to cover that.

What is rustic Tuscan bread? It sounds good.

It was a loaf of Italian bread that Howard found at Trader Joe's. It is pre-sliced. Very chewy on the outside and soft (with lots of "air holes") on the inside. Absolutely delicious. I kid myself that most of the calories fell out of the holes, so it really isn't that bad. :teeth:

I don't know about everyone else but I have been taking a very extended break :sad2: and all of me shows it :sad1:

I am back on the plan as of tomorrow :thumbsup2 I'll be checking in here hoping everyone else will too :grouphug:

Minnie - I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. I can't help it. Maybe it's hidden nervousness about what's coming up this weekend. :scared: I didn't think I was nervous but maybe I am. :confused3

Hi Monte! I hope you are not snowed under too much. :upsidedow

To all of you doing the half or full or Goofy this weekend: GOOD LUCK!! Go and be prepared for an awesome time.

I am back from the abyss. I really didn't gain too much weight over the holidays, and I am ready to get back to exercising. I have my clothing laid out to go to Curves in the morning, and have set the alarm. I hope to also squeeze in a walk tomorrow afternoon. We've had really warm weather for this time of year, and it looks to be holding on for the rest of the week. Excellent for walking.

I've also gone to the grocery store, and stocked up on the healthy, good foods I like. The holiday treats are gone.

I hope to be seeing all of you on these threads over the next month. Let's keep it going--it encouraged me so prior to Thanksgiving!

Hi all! I did ok over the holidays. The day after CHristmas was the worst. I ate a light dinner so I could have cookies at my aunt's gathering. I didn't realize we'd be ther for another 4 to 5 hours after dinner, though. If anyone ever gives you a chocolate coookie that has a rolo baked in, run! OMG.

Anyway, I did better when I got home, but htis cold seems to have helped me with that last pound, plus an extra. Now I'm worried that I'm not fueling myself enough for pre-race. Ugh! Not that I don't have fat to spare, but I know I should have glycogen available too.

Oh I am so mad at myself:mad: With the pneumonia, I didn't move for about 10 days and ate cookies left and right. Then I more than "splurged" Christmas Eve through New Years. The bottom line: I gained 6 pounds. Since I only lost 2 pounds since the start of this thread, I am now 4 pounds above my starting weight.

Now, not only will I be doing the race(s) over 20 lbs heavier than last year... IT'S GOING TO BE STEAMING HOT:eek: I'm gonna die....

Well, it's too late to make significant progress before WDW, but I can count on all those APs from racing as the start of my new plan.

Speaking of clothes, I'm done to my last two "largest pants". Fortunately, I haven't had a full 5-day work week in weeks! There's no way I can buy new "big" clothes. When I lost 85 lbs I bought tons of clothes on the way down and then promptly donated them to Good Will as I shrunk out of them. I would be insane to go back out and buy bigger sizes again.:sad2:

Sunny

Sunny - I'm right there with u on the pants thing. I now have 3 pairs that I rotate and only 1 of them is really comfortable. I almost gave in and bought some new ones this last weekend but didn't. I'm trying to use the reward of getting back into my thinner clothes to motivate myself.

I made it through day 1. Not as I planned but still okay. Today I am stocked and ready to go so I have no excuses for not staying on plan!

WISHing everyone an OP day :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter