• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Working on Weight Loss During Training--Wk of 11/19

keenercam

Loves Mickey!
Hi, everyone!
How is your weekend going?
It has been temptation after temptation for me this weekend. But, I have done pretty well, thanks to the accountability I feel here. :goodvibes
Friday night I ate lite popcorn on the way home and a baked potato w/FF cheese and salsa and lean steak for dinner. I also ate a small piece of chicken breast since I knew we'd be getting to the diner around 10:30 and I didn't want to arrive there hungry. On the way to the diner, Carrie sent me a text message and it really helped me to make smart choices. (Thanks, sweetie! :hug: ) Green salad w/ff dressing and grilled chicken. The other people at my table were eating buffalo chicken tenders (I had a small taste), hot fudge sundaes and a fried fish sandwich with onion rings. Oh, the temptation. So, I felt that went pretty well.

Yesterday, at the football game I did NOT eat a soft pretzel. I shared a granola bar with a friend and ate lots of baby carrots. It was another play and diner night so I ate some chicken breast so the protein would hold me over. At the diner I got a greek salad with no dressing. It was all core except the feta cheese. I also had 3 of my DD's steak fries. I was surrounded by french toast, cheesesteaks, burgers, hot fudge sundaes (how DOES my friend Ginny stay so slim? :love: ), a black & white shake, a malt, french onion soup, etc. etc. It was ugly. Believe me -- all my friends were in a high risk territory and didn't even know it! Any of them could have been mugged for their food any minute! :rotfl:

I am doing 16 miles this afternoon. I brought whole wheat past with mushrooms and grilled chicken for lunch and I'll do a slim fast shake on the way to the Y. Bananas and sport beans during the workout. 4 hours on the TM. UGH!

So, what'd you eat this weekend?

Ok today I had a 3rd of a Kashi meal, threw most of it out...yuck! For dinner a had a small grilled chicken breast, a quarter of a baked potatoe and 5 grilled shrimps. After dinner I walked for an hour on my tm. I'm planning to have the left overs for lunch tomorrow, minus the shrimp. How's everyone else doing?

I spent the day browsing shops with my DM and DS trying to get ideas for Xmas. I have plans of trying to make a dent next weekend but we shall see. I've never been an early shopper as I like to take my time and make decisions closer towards Xmas.

I did well over the weekend. Everything was Ph1 friendly except a few ww crackers and about a 1/3 of a piece of chocolate cheesecake. DM and I'd been craving it so I went for it and was able to stop after that bit so that was a plus.

I plan on doing a very strict Ph1 up through Wed then I'm adding switching to Ph2 so that I can enjoy Thanksgviing - sweet potatoes and pumpkin - yum!

My ticker is well ticking down :teeth: to my company's Xmas party on Lido Key island so I'm hoping to stick with this. Another week like this and I might be okay in fitting into my shorts from this summer's trip. Not great but definitely better than trying to find shorts for a trip in Nov :blush:

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and checks in soon :goodvibes

I have been MIA again. :rolleyes:

Bad weekend. Friday night out with my 'goo goo dolls girls' - 3 glasses white zin & a tuna melt with chips. Saturday night - dinner at a movie theater where they serve food. I did awesome by getting a salad wth grilled chicken. But I always cave to popcorn during a movie. popcorn:: :sad2: Sunday started off fine. Then we went to see the Macy's parade balloons in Boston. Which meant we went to eat at Fanueil Hall. :sad2: Then we went to Mike's Pastries in the North End. :blush: I got a cannoli, but Chad ate a lobster tail all by his lonesome! :scared1: (a lobster tail at an italian bakery is a huge pastry - not seafood!) In my defense, we walked alot and I didn't have dinner. I ate an apple in the car on the way home.

Cam - awesome job on giving away the clothes! Now you can NEVER go back there! :banana: And your willpower, well, you are just amazing. :cheer2:

Minnie - :wizard: for your DH in his job search!

I started off today very well with my core cereal and a kudos bar for snack (2pts.). I have a salad for lunch. And a yogurt with flaxseed oil for another snack. We were out of fruit at home since we were so busy all weekend. So, I will probably go down to the cafeteria and buy a fruit cup in an hour or so.

Cam- good job not mugging people for food!!!! I've seriously thought about that before. :teeth: You also did great planning ahead for your hectic weekend.

Minnie- great job stopping on the chocolate cake. That's always been my problem. I've never been able to have a little tast & then stop. I eat the whole cake :rolleyes1

I'm going to weight this week on Thur a.m. because I plan on eating some mac & cheese & cheesecake pumpkin pie on Thur!!! I figure I can work hard this week, & then shop it off this weekend :rolleyes:

Have a great week everyone! Keep at it! :wizard:

I am pretty proud of myself for getting through hirls weekend ok. EVen with a 16-miler to help me "justify" bad eating. If Cam had not e-mailed me Friday, though, I would have broked right off and thrown the whole weekend away.

I walked intoour room and there was a table of cookies and chips and fdge and there was the famous dip my ILs make in the fridge, which I love (may and cream cheese, talk about a hear attacke waiting to happen). I almost gave up adn thought how disappointed Cam would be that I didn't even try. Then I sent her a thank you text and made up my mind to be good. I was not perfect, but it was a huge step forward.

Thanks to all of you here who planted a seed! Huge thanks to Cam for e-mailing me and making me feel even more accountable!!!!

Well, after my 16 mile LR yesterday, I ate everything in sight:
small piece of grilled chicken breast
DS's pizza crust (wanted the leftover pizza but chose the SBD version instead)
South Beach Diet personal pizza (supreme)
1/2 lean cuisine chicken club panini
chips & pretzels w/mustard

It seems to me there was probably something else I ate, though it is all a blur right now, so maybe not. :confused3

It's a good thing I had put away or thrown away every bit of junk food in the fridge because I am sure I would have eaten

wtpclc said:
Thanks to all of you here who planted a seed! Huge thanks to Cam for e-mailing me and making me feel even more accountable!!!!

You are really sweet, Carrie, but when you text messaged me, I was just sitting down at the table in the diner and gazing with lust at all the great menu choices and all the milkshakes and sundaes being served and was COMPELLED to order something I wouldn't be :blush: to tell Carrie about. :hug: So, WISH support pulled me through another 48 hours or so (until my 16mile LR-justified binge last night :guilty: )

HI everyone. It is so great to hear how everyone is staying on track. That gives me a boost of motivation. My scale is yo-yoing and I hate seeing that. I need to keep the weight off, not yo-yo up and down.

I only did an hour on the treadmill yesterday. But I am happy to say that my back is not bothering me from it. It is still tender, but I am not limping and cringing with pain. I will NOT give up. I HAVE to run this 1/2 marathon.

Cam - Even tho you didn't eat Core foods, did you really do that bad?? Add it all up, I am sure you will be OK. Remember you did 16 miles!!!

Carrie - Whoo Hooo on girls weekend. Way to have control. Dip is my weakness. I cannot overcome my dip cravings and urges.

Kristi - ohhhhh Italian Pastries. Yum... today is a new day!!!

OK, gotta get some work done. So far, so good for me. Tomorrow is a work party, but I am planning/making most of the food. I think I will be OK!

Cam - Those LR-justified binges are tough!!! Last year, I focused on training. This year, I'm trying to focus on food and it's till tough. Don't beat yourself up about it, just do better today. :grouphug:

Good luck Jen! I know you can do it!!

Hi everyone! Just checking in. Sounds like everyone is managing well with the caloric intake.

Jen - I'm glad you had some relief with your back pain. I admire you for not giving up and being careful at the same time.

Carrie - I've learned to take it one day at a time with this calorie reduction thing. :rolleyes: I've been telling myself that I can have that cheese dip and chips after the marathon. By then, it should taste twice as good as it would now. :teeth:

Cam - I don't see anything wrong with the food you ate after the run. My gawd, you ran 16 miles! You probably burned more or as much as you took in. :thumbsup2 . Good for you for not caving in to all those goodies around you. I don't know that I could do that.

Tiff - I should be eating a lot less than I am now - in preparation for Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I will be around a lot of people who will not understand why I'm not going to stuff myself into misery like they are going to do.

Krisit - so you didn't do as well as you would have liked. You skipped dinner basically so I think you did okay. Your back on track now - isn't that what matters? ;)

Suzy - I always wait until the last minute to do my Christmas shopping. Maybe I'll start earlier this year. Of course, I say that everytime. :rolleyes: However, I'll be going to WDW in mid-December so maybe I can do a lot there. :teeth:

Monte - sounds like you are doing well with your plan. Keep it up! :thumbsup2

One of my problems has been my in-laws. We eat dinner with them every Sunday night. They think I'm on a very strict diet. I'm not. I'm just trying to be careful of what I eat. If I wasn't so overweight, I probably wouldn't be so concerned. I just think the lighter I am at the half-marathon time, the better I'll do and hopefully not get swept.

Anyway, my DMIL always cooks a heart attack special whenever we go over there. Almost everything is fried or contains lots of butter, grease or sauce. You know - good ol' southern, comfort food. I take a little of each item and load up on the salad - the one healthy item. This offends them for some reason. :teeth: Since I don't take seconds on the food, they assume I have plenty of room for dessert then. :rolleyes: They don't get it. Of course, this comes from people who don't think this much exercise is good for you. Anyone else deal with these issues? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Other than that, I'm doing okay with the "diet". I think I lost another pound this week. Of course, I still have a lot to lose but I'll take that one pound any week!

Keep up the good work, everyone! :cheer2: :wizard: :thumbsup2

Susie - Did you note the table of treats awaiting me for grils' weekend with teh ILS? ;) Yes, I know that story. Last year my MIL had a fit because my face was red when I cam eback from running. That can't be good. lol. At least I don't have to do it every week, though. Hang tough! BTW, Just after t-giving last year is when I went on the healthy eating wathcing my intake thing. I promised myself I could eatr whatever I wanted in WDW after the marathon. I still lost a pound, But I'm thinking this yeaer JI should at least make a rule of only 1 ice cream a day. :faint:

Hello,

Checking in :wave2:

I've been doing pretty well. I'm still undereating during the day and then piling on the snacks late at night. But my overall intake isn't too bad. I lost 1 lb as far as I can tell. I don't really count it a loss until it sticks for at least a week!

Last year I was so good, I went to the 7:30AM WW meeting the day after Thanksgiving (and registered a loss!). I don't see that happening this year :rotfl2:

Sunny

This is the strangest phenomena. I brought so much food today because I thought I'd be starving, but it has been the opposite.
I totally skipped breakfast because my normal decaf coffee w/skim milk filled me too much.
By the time I wanted something it was noon, so I had a banana and then munched a bit on roasted chick peas seasoned with salt & garlic that I made last night (kind of like corn nuts)
Lunch was a small garden salad w/a can of tuna. I was going to also have fat free cottage cheese with pineapple chunks but had no appetite left. Maybe I'll need a snack later.

Cam - Would you be willing to share the roasted chick pea recipe? Sounds yummy to me.

I am doing OK also. I was getting the mid afternoon munchies, but now I realized that I have less than an hour before I leave, so why bother eating!!!

Sure, Jen!

I started with a bag of chick peas and followed the directions on the bag. I think it was 8 0z of chick peas with 3-4 cups water, bring to a boil and then take off the stove and let soak for 1 hour. Other people start with canned chick peas.

I then tossed the soaked peas w/2 tsp olive oil and sprinkled with garlic and salt. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with raised edges or use jelly roll pan. Spray with non-stick spray. Put seasoned chick peas on pan and spray top lightly with non-stick spray. Place pan on bottom rack of oven and cook for 1 hour and 5 minutes. Do not open oven while cooking (I read the air does something to the chick peas that makes them less crunchy). When the time is up, remove from oven and let sit on pan another 10 minutes. Some people transfer to airtight container. I let mine sit out over night so they'd dry out. I am going to make these with dry barbecue seasoning or chili seasoning next time for another flavor.
These are core. Not sure how many points.

I did ok on my meal plan today...had cereal & milk for breakfast, left over grilled chicken and a 1/4 of a baked potatoe, I did slip and have an 8oz cup of eggnog :guilty: but I skipped dinner and had a hand full of almonds. After dinner I walked for 2 miles. I'll report in tomorrow after WW.

How is everyone doing?

The last 2 days I have had a breakfast that is holding me great. I take 1 slice of whole grain bread with some PB and a little homemade strawberry jam. I toast the bread and then cut in 1/2 for my little PB sandwich. I eat it as I fly out the door. Then about mid morning I eat a banana. Now it's lunch time and I didn't have an urge to snack.

Today is our work lunch party. Then tonight I am going to hit either the elliptical or treadmill while the girls have swim class.

Jen -- That sounds great. As a matter of fact, I ate PBJ before the Disneyland half-marathon and it held me for a pretty long time. Great choice and with the banana, you have definitely found a great combination.

Monte -- Great job!

Sunny -- Glad to hear things are going well. Sounds like you and I have very similar eating patterns. I am a volume eater at night, too.

Last night wasn't too bad, thanks to sweet sugarless gum. I didn't get home until 9 and then I just mixed up some brown rice with black beans and salsa and ate a small piece of grilled chicken breast. Later on, while DS and I watched "heroes" I did eat some ranch flavored soy crisps, but since I really wanted the chips that I'd broken into the night before, I am glad I was able to restrain myself to soy crisps.

So, what is on everyone's menu for turkey day?
I am going to cook a traditional thanksgiving dinner for everyone, but will stick to white meat turkey with fat free turkey gravy and baked sweet potatoes with FF butter spray and corn. I may splurge and have some stuffing, too, since that is my HUGE weakness and the one thing I really crave on turkey day.
I will try to compensate by getting in LRs on Friday and/or Saturday.

I also bought a bunch of good munchies for in the car. While everyone else is eating junk food, I bought apples & bananas & baby carrots. I'll also hard-boil some eggs, since protein really seems to help. And I bought some diet lemon snapple iced tea and for some reason, caffeine really acts as an appetite suppressant for me. Oh, and lots of sugar free gum!

What's your plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter