** WISH Volunteers for WDW Marathon Weekend **

Stacey - YES! We usually have a large-ish group on the Boardwalk near the Beach Club. Last year Anne & Heather passed out oranges and washcloths near WWoS. Myself, Jim, and Diane's Mom were at the AK entrance for awhile. Keep watching here and feel free to join up with any group!

Stacie - I swear that there was a choice for handing out the bling. Maybe I am crazy...

I also saw a post where Diane said she & Susan would likely be volunteering.
Diane, where art thou...?

Holy cow! I'm gone overnight and look at all the wonderful responses! Whooo hooo! :woohoo: This is great stuff! :thumbsup2

OK, let me get organized here and I'll update the list. I don't know what's up with that link. :headache: All I can say is keep trying. As Kristi said, registration just started so there's plenty of time.

And Howard and Steve...don't you worry your handsome little heads, we'll make sure we have some Blue volunteers, just in case. :goodvibes Hey maybe we can run back and forth between courses. Would that make us Purple volunteers?? :lmao:

I went to look at my Volunteer Registration Confirmation and this is what I got:

"The system is currently unavailable; we can not process your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please check back later."

:mad:

They must be having issues. popcorn::

Thank you all for voluteering for the full water stops!!!

Is anybody doing anything about the 1/2 water stops? Dave and I would like to volunteer at a 1/2 water stop with other WISHers! We are doing the full!

Erica:)

DOOD and I, and hopefully my ILs, want to volunteer at the 1/2 and/or maybe Friday's 5K. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kristi/Judy, thanks for all that you do. I can see this is a huge, organizational undertaking. :worship:

DOOD and I, and hopefully my ILs, want to volunteer at the 1/2 and/or maybe Friday's 5K. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Kristi/Judy, thanks for all that you do. I can see this is a huge, organizational undertaking. :worship:

That is so cool Debra, lets do something at the half together. Fortunately we will probably be crazy busy so you won't have to listen to senile panda stories.

We are probably going to do the 5K so the half is our only volunteer opportunity.

Volunteer Panda:hippie:

I will sign up to do the Full stop #11 when I can get on there.
Do put me down for that - who wants to join me?

Tracy

That is so cool Debra, lets do something at the half together. Fortunately we will probably be crazy busy so you won't have to listen to senile panda stories.

We are probably going to do the 5K so the half is our only volunteer opportunity.

Volunteer Panda:hippie:

I'd be honored to volunteer at the 1/2 with you and Erica! But I want the stories, too. Guess we'll have to have a drink together if we don't have time during the race itself, huh? :drinking1 *Sigh* The sacrifices I make. :rotfl2:

Anybody else up for volunteering for the 1/2???

Yay! Thanks so much for volunteering for the 1/2!!! It will be our first and I'm a bit nervous!!! I will be looking for all the WISHers!!! Ummm, Can we get a WISHer at every water stop? or is that asking for too much? :confused3 :goodvibes just kidding! I'm pretty much worried about miles 5-13! :upsidedow

Stacie

Site is working again!! :cool1:
Has anyone successully registered?
I am helping to sign up another WISHer. Once I get in all the info and try to submit, the site screws up again. ARGH!!

eta: now it says it's down for scheduled maintainance. Don't they know how impatient we are?! LOL

D'oh!! Yeah it failed on me right at the end now won't respond at all. AARRGGHHH!!! Here we're all trying to help and they won't let us!

Liz - that's exactly what happened to me. :confused:

Ok, I updated the second post here to include all marathon weekend volunteer shifts/locations.

I guess next we should decide if we want a WISH stop for the Half, and which one we should choose. This route does not split (like red & blue for the full), so no problems there. I would maybe suggest trying for a location on the course, rather than bag pick-up or something of that sort. Don't get me wrong, those are very much needed positions, but I'd love to see our smiling WISHers out there on the course as I waddle on through! :rotfl:

REGISTRATION IS NOW WORKING!!!

[ I would maybe suggest trying for a location on the course, rather than bag pick-up or something of that sort. Don't get me wrong, those are very much needed positions, but I'd love to see our smiling WISHers out there on the course as I waddle on through! :rotfl:

Same here! Will appreciate any and all WISHers on the course while I plod along the half course! :rotfl:

Okay, put Scott and I down for red stop no. 2 for the full! Oh, and yes, Kristi, my I ask for another seat in your car--I suppose Scott could ride in the trunk if need be! Now, I need to go "officially" register for volunteering, and, also the 5K. See what friends can talk you into? Somehow, I must've missed that peer pressure lecture in High School.

Liz - that's exactly what happened to me. :confused:

Ok, I updated the second post here to include all marathon weekend volunteer shifts/locations.

I guess next we should decide if we want a WISH stop for the Half, and which one we should choose. This route does not split (like red & blue for the full), so no problems there. I would maybe suggest trying for a location on the course, rather than bag pick-up or something of that sort. Don't get me wrong, those are very much needed positions, but I'd love to see our smiling WISHers out there on the course as I waddle on through! :rotfl:

Speaking just for myself....:laughing: ...I struggle with miles 8 & 9 on the Half. Anything before that and I'm still trucking. Anything after that and I'm getting excited that I'm getting near almost being done. So I vote for any WISHers volunteering to be somewhere around 8 or 9. :teeth:

Stephanie - do you mean red water stop #2? I don't think there's a #1.
In any case, yes - I can drive you both (it will be me solo). No problemo!

Hey guys - we need more WISHers at blue water stop #2 and water stop #11 for the FULL!

So I vote for any WISHers volunteering to be somewhere around 8 or 9 . :teeth:
I think it would be awesome to have a WISH contingent at HALF water stop #9 myself! Any takers?

COME ON - we don't bite! ;) :laughing:

yes, Kristi--was a typo! Just corrected my post! Whoops!:rolleyes:

Okay, who crashed the system???? LOL, I get to the last page and then it says go back or refresh in a few minutes to continue!

Okay, who crashed the system???? LOL, I get to the last page and then it says go back or refresh in a few minutes to continue!

They seem to be having some serious techincal difficulties. Finally got ours to go thru but had to go back a page then submit again repeatedly.

I'm not sure if DH and I are registered for Red #2 or not. I got all the way through and got a message that said my cart was empty?? What does that mean. I entered all the info.....darn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter