Who has stayed in a DLH Signature Suite?

I was told they occasionally offer discounts but NOT AP or Disney visa discounts. SUCKS. I got 25% off my other three nights at the DLH through my Disney visa, but the Adventureland Suite was NO DISCOUNT whatsoever. I'm honestly still reeling at the price I accepted. You only live once I guess...
YOLO! Seriously. That's SO amazing. That is a life long dream for so many of us- LOVE seeing someone get to do it! I'm always torn between Adventureland & POTC when I day dream about this & Adventureland eventually edges out POTC :) I hope you have the most pixie dusted of trips!!

YOLO! Seriously. That's SO amazing. That is a life long dream for so many of us- LOVE seeing someone get to do it! I'm always torn between Adventureland & POTC when I day dream about this & Adventureland eventually edges out POTC :) I hope you have the most pixie dusted of trips!!

We looked at both via Youtube and decided Adventureland was HANDS DOWN the best.

Can't take it with you.... I've toured the room, but never stayed. It is my first choice for an adult stay.
I'm the most worried of my entire adult life. It is SO MUCH... charged instantly to the card... OUCH. I'm only going to turn 40 once though, I'd rather it be at a place I love like Disney than Vegas or whatever normal people do when they turn 40. Between this room, the rest of the DLH stay, SH55, Napa Rose, hotels for people accompanying us, and me begging for a C33 res for the lot of us, it is going to be a CRAZY expensive trip next March.

And you might as well live in that suite! I just paged through the photos of it for the 87,000th time and oh. Amazing. I don't think I'd get out of that tub for anything. That is going to be pure magic.
I saw it was 1800sqft. I haven't even had a house that big until my current one, and that isn't much larger. We WILL NOT LEAVE THE SUITE... but to go across the hall for snacks and drinks. I will have my birthday celebration brought in.

We WILL NOT LEAVE THE SUITE... but to go across the hall for snacks and drinks. I will have my birthday celebration brought in.

Awesome. A suite like that is a rare and spectacular Disney attraction. Revel in every detail and every minute!

So, I have booked the Fairytale Suite for DD's B-day next year as a very special treat. We stayed at the DLH a few weeks ago and lucked into a 10th floor standard view room, and she literally spent hours admiring the view! However, our family of 4 exceeds the size of the suite allotment. I've read that they *may* allow 3 of us, and I will call about that, but I'm thinking I may have to book another concierge level room so we can all be comfortable and also access the E-ticket lounge together. I have no idea if we'll be able to get VIP privileges for the 4th family member...

As crazy as this sounds, it's actually still significantly less expensive (can't bring myself to use the word "cheaper", LOL) than the other Signature Suites - current quotes including tax were $5200/night for Pirates, Adventure and MMP - and better than a VIP tour for our needs. (I did look into the MMP pricing for my milestone b-day next year, but that price gave me pause - I think I'd rather go on a Disney cruise!) Research continues on how to make this work. If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share!

OMG!! You did it!!! You booked it for your birthday...I'm in awe :) When's the date again? DL2 and I will be happy to help you celebrate. We don't take up much room party:
:bday:

So, I have booked the Fairytale Suite for DD's B-day next year as a very special treat. We stayed at the DLH a few weeks ago and lucked into a 10th floor standard view room, and she literally spent hours admiring the view! However, our family of 4 exceeds the size of the suite allotment. I've read that they *may* allow 3 of us, and I will call about that, but I'm thinking I may have to book another concierge level room so we can all be comfortable and also access the E-ticket lounge together. I have no idea if we'll be able to get VIP privileges for the 4th family member...

As crazy as this sounds, it's actually still significantly less expensive (can't bring myself to use the word "cheaper", LOL) than the other Signature Suites - current quotes including tax were $5200/night for Pirates, Adventure and MMP - and better than a VIP tour for our needs. (I did look into the MMP pricing for my milestone b-day next year, but that price gave me pause - I think I'd rather go on a Disney cruise!) Research continues on how to make this work. If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share!
Do you mind if I asked what month and what the cost was? I was quoted $1365 for Dec 4 when I called last month. That was quite a bit more than I was expecting. I was thinking of booking it for my birthday, though, and wondered what the cost might be outside of Dec.

Thank you! But to be clear - I booked FT Suite for DD's Feb B-day and DID NOT book MMP for my birthday next October. MMP is just too much money - I just keep thinking Disney cruise, 2 weeks in Maui, etc for that price, so it remains on my bucket list!

I was quoted $1365 + tax as well, and that was the cost for every weekend night for Jan, Feb, and March, at which point I stopped checking. I got the date I wanted, but I was surprised initially because I had checked a few years ago and was told $800 for FT. My initial plan for DD's birthday was 2 nights, but I nixed that once I realized the price had increased!

You stayed with 3 people a few years back, right? (I saw that when searching for threads on this topic.) How did you get them to allow an extra person in the room?

OMG!! You did it!!! You booked it for your birthday...I'm in awe :) When's the date again? DL2 and I will be happy to help you celebrate. We don't take up much room party:
:bday:

We currently have it full for the night (3/23), but if you are in the neighborhood, swing by and have some of my birthday cake, a tiki cocktail, and take the tour.

Do you mind if I asked what month and what the cost was? I was quoted $1365 for Dec 4 when I called last month. That was quite a bit more than I was expecting. I was thinking of booking it for my birthday, though, and wondered what the cost might be outside of Dec.
I can tell you that the cost in March is higher than what she quoted for the other signature suites. I don't know how they price, but it goes up in March at least for those ones, maybe for the Fairytale suite too.

Last edited:
We currently have it full for the night (3/23), but if you are in the neighborhood, swing by and have some of my birthday cake, a tiki cocktail, and take the tour.

I can tell you that the cost in March is higher than what she quoted, so I don't know how they price, but it goes up in March.
The $1300 price was for the FT Suite. Were you quoted a lot more that $5200 for the Adventure Suite?

The $1300 price was for the FT Suite. Were you quoted a lot more that $5200 for the Adventure Suite?
A couple hundred more for late March for Adventureland Suite. Maybe because it is Spring break? Actually sent you a PM on the other board because they mentioned they occasionally offer discounts which "go extremely fast", however I've never seen them offered, so I don't know if maybe they only go to certain people or what.

I can tell you that the cost in March is higher than what she quoted for the other signature suites. I don't know how they price, but it goes up in March at least for those ones, maybe for the Fairytale suite too.
I was just kidding, Matt. We'd never crash your party :) You will have a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear about it!

I was just kidding, Matt. We'd never crash your party :) You will have a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear about it!

If you happen to be there, stop by for the celebration!! You and N are always welcome.

We stayed in a suite after we got married, before leaving for our honeymoon. It was the one that's now called the fairytale suite but it wasn't called that back then. This was in the early 90s and it was around $500 a night. Crazy, right? I'm sure we'll never be able to stay there again but it was very magical. It was also before DLH was remodeled and the monorail moved, pre-downtown Disney and SO different than it is now.

Just a reminder, they did not move the monorail, they moved the hotel!

I didn't know that, no wonder it looks so different :). Did they move all the buildings? A CM at DLH told me the suite we stayed in is now the Fairytale one, so that building must be the same, right?

Yes, what they actually did was remove a lot of the buildings that surrounded the hotel. The 3 towers remained, but where Earl of Sandwich and ESPN currently sit was bungalow rooms, the Monorail Cafe, shops, Goofy's Kitchen and some parking.

This gives an idea what is missing.

hotelgolf_mapexcerpt1964.jpg

Yes, what they actually did was remove a lot of the buildings that surrounded the hotel. The 3 towers remained, but where Earl of Sandwich and ESPN currently sit was bungalow rooms, the Monorail Cafe, shops, Goofy's Kitchen and some parking.

This gives an idea what is missing.

hotelgolf_mapexcerpt1964.jpg

Exactly. Here's a photo out of one of my DLH history books showing even more detail.

IMG_6079%20(Large).jpg

Thanks so much for the pics! So cool to see what it looked like back then. We were definitely in that first tower and I remember looking down at that playground area. Crazy how different it looks like now.

We looked at both via Youtube and decided Adventureland was HANDS DOWN the best.

I'm the most worried of my entire adult life. It is SO MUCH... charged instantly to the card... OUCH. I'm only going to turn 40 once though, I'd rather it be at a place I love like Disney than Vegas or whatever normal people do when they turn 40. Between this room, the rest of the DLH stay, SH55, Napa Rose, hotels for people accompanying us, and me begging for a C33 res for the lot of us, it is going to be a CRAZY expensive trip next March.

Enjoy your birthday! I get being fiscally responsible but as long as you aren't taking out a second mortgage for this trip you should [ahem] let it go. It's very easy to get trapped into "that money is better spent here" thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter