• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Thanks! So with my daughter (13 yo), do I need to book her alone as a separate transaction or can I have all of us on just one booking, paying for each of us with 3 forms of payment each?

Sorry I’m a mess lol!!
It's confusing! You'll need to book her separately, so you will each have a different confirmation code for check-in. I wish it was simpler!

Thanks! So with my daughter (13 yo), do I need to book her alone as a separate transaction or can I have all of us on just one booking, paying for each of us with 3 forms of payment each?

Sorry I’m a mess lol!!
It's three forms of payment per transaction, regardless of how many people are on that transaction. If you book your daughter and you on the same reservation, you will be able to use 3 payment methods total.

As a related aside, I would not book her on a separate reservation. If you do that, then your reservation won't be 'connected' to hers in the system. If anything happens to your flight, it will make it much harder to deal with because the system doesn't know you're together.

An example: My brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, mom and dad, all booked the same flight to Orlando in June. My parents booked separately from the rest of the family, so it's two reservations. SW did some schedule shifting, so the flight they originally booked no longer existed. They moved my parents to another flight on the same day, and moved my brother's family to a different flight (still on the same day). My mom was able to call and get the last two seats so they're all on the same plane. But SW didn't know they were flying together because it was two separate reservations, so when they had to change schedules the system didn't 'know' to move them all together.

It's three forms of payment per transaction, regardless of how many people are on that transaction. If you book your daughter and you on the same reservation, you will be able to use 3 payment methods total.

As a related aside, I would not book her on a separate reservation. If you do that, then your reservation won't be 'connected' to hers in the system. If anything happens to your flight, it will make it much harder to deal with because the system doesn't know you're together.

An example: My brother, sister-in-law, niece, nephew, mom and dad, all booked the same flight to Orlando in June. My parents booked separately from the rest of the family, so it's two reservations. SW did some schedule shifting, so the flight they originally booked no longer existed. They moved my parents to another flight on the same day, and moved my brother's family to a different flight (still on the same day). My mom was able to call and get the last two seats so they're all on the same plane. But SW didn't know they were flying together because it was two separate reservations, so when they had to change schedules the system didn't 'know' to move them all together.
Woah!! Thanks for the advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter