• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which is a tougher reservation to get?

slyster

DIS Veteran
California Grill (fireworks) or Le Cellier. I'm also looking at Artist Point, but I'm thinking the other two are more difficult? My ADR window opens tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

That would put you at an early September trip? In all honesty, you should be able to get any of those.

However, if I had to choose, I'd guess that Artist Point would actually be the hardest to get. It's still a 1 credit, but near signature, restaurant. The other two are two credits, so slightly less popular.

That would put you at an early September trip? In all honesty, you should be able to get any of those.

However, if I had to choose, I'd guess that Artist Point would actually be the hardest to get. It's still a 1 credit, but near signature, restaurant. The other two are two credits, so slightly less popular.
That's a good point, especially since the trip will fall right at the height of Free Food. The fireworks time slot at Cali might be a close contender.

We have gotten both California Grill at fireworks time and Le Cellier same day about 3 hours before the ADR so both should be fairly easy to get when you do it.

Wow I'm glad I mentioned the Artist Point Storybook dining. Good point about it being one credit instead of two. Thank you!

California Grill at Fireworks time is hard to get...... Storybook Dining might be something cool to try

My 180 window opened up last week and I couldn’t get a table for 3 at Artist Point. I had to book a table for 2 and another for 1.

Just a random data point, at 180 +10 days Artist Point (Late Aug/Early Sept trip) was the most difficult time limited reservation we booked, it had the worst dinner availability (there was only two times available), and I booked it at 10am ET. California Grill and Le Cellier both had plenty of options.

California Grill near fireworks can be difficult to get depending on the day you want and where in your trip it is. We have been able to get easily during the week. Saturday ahd been nearly impossible.
Storybook Dining would be next.
Since becoming a 2 credit dining experience, we hav enot had much trouble getting an ADR at Le Cellier.

Le Cellier has often not been loaded at 180 days as of late, so it may not show up but that does not mean it is sold out. Check back a couple of weeks later.

From personal experience, Artist Point has been the hardest ADR for me to get. It's up there with 'Ohana in difficulty.

I didn't have any issues booking California Grill at 7:10 p.m. with fireworks at 9 p.m. on day 4 during spring break week, but Artist Point during the fall on day 10 was nuts. It's very difficult, as I think a lot of people on the dining plan see it as a 'good value' at one credit and it's still fairly new with hard-to-see characters.

You won't regret California Grill. We have always been successful booking where the fireworks fall right in the middle of dinner.

Last trip, I made Storybook my first ADR to book, but a well timed Cali Grill ADR was actually the tougher thing to get. We got one, but not timed as well as I would have liked. It wasn't until the week of the trip when I finally got the time slot I really wanted. There were still plenty of Storybook ADR slots after we booked...well, at least for a little while. So, I'd be more inclined to go with Cali Grill first. Le Cellier hasn't been much of a challenge since it shifted to signature.

I ended up having to book Artist Point later in my trip to get a decent time slot, so I would go for that one first.

Cali grill brunch was our hardest to book, the evening was a lot easier. You should be fine. Enjoy your meals 😊

I got lucky. I got both! California grill at 7:30 and Artist Point at 5:45 on another night. I wanted 6 or 6:30, but I’ll take 5:45!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter