What's the trick to booking a value 2BR at Jambo?

Congratulations!

FWIW, maybe the kids will just be so happy they are getting to go to WDW to celebrate their birthdays with family AND they get to have a party with their friends (if their parents do that for them). When my daughter was their ages, parties with friends was a big deal. She would have chosen the party over a trip to Disney (had we allowed it, LOL).

Have fun planning!

Thank you! Yes, I was thinking that, too! They can have the best of both worlds, and we don't have to deal with the crowds of MLK weekend!

Hallelujah and praise the Lord!!! I did it! I still can't believe it! :dancer:party::cool1::cheer2::banana:

Previously, I had tried everything. Logging in right at 8am, logging in and having the selection page up & ready to click on book these days, logging in & actually clicking on book this stay, filling in the booking info & then clicking on book this vacation. Every time I tried all these things, after clicking right at 8am I would get booted out and have to log back in again and go through the whole selection process. I was always using Chrome as my browser. Today I thought, you know what, let me try Internet Explorer, so I did. I logged in at 7:55, went through the whole selection process, got to the fill in the info page, and at 8am clicked book this, and voila, I got it! I was actually frozen for a second when I saw the page spinning to go to the next info page. My fingers were shaking as I was trying to type my info in. I still can't believe it. AKV Jambo House 2BR value view Jan 25-Feb 1, 2019, here we come! This is Friday to Friday, and I'd prefer Saturday to Saturday, so will call tomorrow to see if I can drop the first day and add the last. We're missing the kids' birthdays by a week, they're the 18th & 21st, but we can still celebrate them while at WDW. I'm also wondering if I didn't have success previously because of the Martin Luther King holiday being in the midst of the days I was trying to book. Did I tell you how excited I am? :dance3:

Congratulations!!!!!!! Glad you stuck with it! I totally know that feeling of disbelief of actually getting in, fingers shaking and all. Sounds like a fantastic trip, I hope you all have a great time!

Hallelujah and praise the Lord!!! I did it! I still can't believe it! :dancer:party::cool1::cheer2::banana:

Previously, I had tried everything. Logging in right at 8am, logging in and having the selection page up & ready to click on book these days, logging in & actually clicking on book this stay, filling in the booking info & then clicking on book this vacation. Every time I tried all these things, after clicking right at 8am I would get booted out and have to log back in again and go through the whole selection process. I was always using Chrome as my browser. Today I thought, you know what, let me try Internet Explorer, so I did. I logged in at 7:55, went through the whole selection process, got to the fill in the info page, and at 8am clicked book this, and voila, I got it! I was actually frozen for a second when I saw the page spinning to go to the next info page. My fingers were shaking as I was trying to type my info in. I still can't believe it. AKV Jambo House 2BR value view Jan 25-Feb 1, 2019, here we come! This is Friday to Friday, and I'd prefer Saturday to Saturday, so will call tomorrow to see if I can drop the first day and add the last. We're missing the kids' birthdays by a week, they're the 18th & 21st, but we can still celebrate them while at WDW. I'm also wondering if I didn't have success previously because of the Martin Luther King holiday being in the midst of the days I was trying to book. Did I tell you how excited I am? :dance3:
That’s awesome! Very happy for you! I see that it is available Jan 21 & 22 now, so if you wanted earlier you could book those two nights and waitlist the 23rd and 24th (or stalk the RAT as walkers walk by). Congrats!

That’s awesome! Very happy for you! I see that it is available Jan 21 & 22 now, so if you wanted earlier you could book those two nights and waitlist the 23rd and 24th (or stalk the RAT as walkers walk by). Congrats!
We will be there in value studio and value 2 bedroom Jan 24-Feb 2 for an big family trip for my MILs bday - maybe I’ll see you in Jambo 5th floor hallway! I may have been one of the walkers causing your issues sorry...
FYI 24th now available too! (Maybe 23rd will come up soon too on RAT or waitlist if you want the earlier dates.)

hopefully someone can answer since i didn't want to start a new thread for the same question. I need a 2br value studio at AKV Jambo for first week of June. I am low on points unless my waitlist comes through for my September stay and that is the reason i need the value 2br and not standard. I only need 5 nights. first night either 5/31/20 or 6/7/20. when should i start walking? or should i wait until i can book the actual dates and just waitlist? Please new member and my home resort is supposed to be AKV (which i assumed included Jambo House) but i question this because when i was playing around with it last night, pop up said i could only book it at 7 months out. I want to add that when we bought direct in May, i told my guide I ONLY WANTED AKV since we preferred Jambo House above all other resorts. But, on my deed it says Kidani-are they not interchangeable? i have original papers when we discussed the AKV Jambo with our guide where he wrote "ONLY JAMBO". Will i just need to call member services and let them know about the 7 month pop up? thanks for any help.

hopefully someone can answer since i didn't want to start a new thread for the same question. I need a 2br value studio at AKV Jambo for first week of June. I am low on points unless my waitlist comes through for my September stay and that is the reason i need the value 2br and not standard. I only need 5 nights. first night either 5/31/20 or 6/7/20. when should i start walking? or should i wait until i can book the actual dates and just waitlist? Please new member and my home resort is supposed to be AKV (which i assumed included Jambo House) but i question this because when i was playing around with it last night, pop up said i could only book it at 7 months out. I want to add that when we bought direct in May, i told my guide I ONLY WANTED AKV since we preferred Jambo House above all other resorts. But, on my deed it says Kidani-are they not interchangeable? i have original papers when we discussed the AKV Jambo with our guide where he wrote "ONLY JAMBO". Will i just need to call member services and let them know about the 7 month pop up? thanks for any help.

You should be able to book at both. Contact MS about this and I believe they will contactto IT make some adjustment to your membership. You are not the only person to run into this since an “upgrade” that was done in the past year or two. If the MS person you’d talk to doesn’t offer to do that then call back and speak to someone else or ask to speak to a supervisor.

Any AKV owner, Kidani or Jambo, can reserve 11 months out at both. However, when you go to the “Book a Reservation” page on the member site, It will show AKV Kidani as your only “Home Resort.” All you need to do to include Jambo in the search and also reserve it is check the box for Jambo, and the system will then allow you to reserve either Kidani or Jambo.

Value studios, and thus also the 2BR lock-offs, are now the second hardest rooms to get at 11 months out or even to find a date to start walking (first are AKV club level studios).You just need to keep trying daily and hope, and follow what is stated above about getting ready to reserve a little before 8 a.m.

Last edited:
Every day I tried to book at 8:00 am. I got either I have to wait till 8:00, refresh result or start new search , or, the availability gone . I can't understand if everyone is walking, why would it even show it has inventory available before 8:00 am, and gone the next second? Wouldn't it be just grey out and not available? how come it shows it is available till 8:00:01??

Every day I tried to book at 8:00 am. I got either I have to wait till 8:00, refresh result or start new search , or, the availability gone . I can't understand if everyone is walking, why would it even show it has inventory available before 8:00 am, and gone the next second? Wouldn't it be just grey out and not available? how come it shows it is available till 8:00:01??

If the average owner owns 200 points that is like 37k members. You have to assume a few people want those rooms for those days or are walking.

We are talking about 10 lock-off units so when a Studio or 1BR is taken the 2BR is then gone as well.

A room being available at 8AM and then immediately gone isn't walking. There are just a lot of people trying to book what may be only one room. You're competing both with people trying to book the 2BR as well as the studio. Others are just beating you to the room.

While values are nice, for sure... and I’ve gotten more than a few over the years... I have found standard view is also a great point bargain.

Just sayin’ :teeth:

There are 10 rooms. You're competing with other people who want a 2br and half of the people who want a studio (10 of the 18 studios are part of lockoffs that create a 2bd).

I know it's been responded to a couple of times above but it's just a function of the point system. Flexibility has trade offs. If you want to book 1 of a possible 10 rooms and there are thousands of other members and even just 1% also want 1 of those 10 rooms on the same date it comes down to who the lucky 10 are that happen to click and get their request in fastest. People are getting much more savvy about it too and know they can't wait until even 8:00:10. It's 8:00:00001 and even then cross your fingers for certain dates of the year and you are trying for dates in what has been the busiest most popular DVC week for well over a decade. There are certain rooms that it's best to consider it a bonus if you're able to book them but to plan on buying for and staying in categories that have more rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter