What's the trick to booking a value 2BR at Jambo?

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
So I've been trying daily to book a value 2BR at Jambo for January 2019. I just don't get it. I understand the whole walking thing that people do, but how can you do that at the 11 month window when you have to wait for that window every day? For instance, I log on this morning at 8am, go right to the dates I want starting at 11 months from today. No matter how fast I am, it's gone. When I look at the calendar before 8am, the dates are there. How is anyone walking anything? I get if I really want say January 25-31st, and I am lucky enough to book January 23-29th, then I start dropping and adding, so is that what people are doing? So I'm just a loser at being quick enough, lol? I don't have any dates set in stone, we just want any date after January 18th, as we're going to celebrate my two grandsons' January birthdays. I've been trying every single day since January 18th with absolutely no success. So frustrating. I need a 2BR plus two studios, so was hoping to be able to get a value 2BR and 2 standard studios. Guess I'll have to rethink this whole plan.

To walk you start prior to the dates you want and move forward until you get your preferred dates. A 2 bedroom lock-off won't be available because others have booked the studios leaving only one bedrooms.

:earsboy: Bill

There are only 10 2-bedroom lock-offs in the Value category. Because of the lower point requirements, they are VERY popular.

To walk you start prior to the dates you want and move forward until you get your preferred dates. A 2 bedroom lock-off won't be available because others have booked the studios leaving only one bedrooms.

There are only 10 2-bedroom lock-offs in the Value category. Because of the lower point requirements, they are VERY popular.

I understand all that, but even if I wanted to walk the reservation, I can't, because even though the calendar shows the 2BR lock off dates available, I can't log in until 8am, and then they're gone. It's virtually impossible to walk the reservation. It's not like say if I want January 25th as my start date, so my plan is to book for the 23rd, then walk. The rooms are gone for the 23rd, 24th, and so on. Maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. If there aren't any 2BRs value lock offs available because people are booking the studios, why then does it show they are available when I check the calendar, just not bookable yet? If I go on right now, the calendar will show there are 2BR value lock offs available for me to book, starting tomorrow February 24th, 2018, for January 24th, 2019. Then at 8am sharp, I login, and by the time the booking page comes up there's nothing. Every single time. Why? Am I just unlucky that my internet service provider speed not fast enough? In my opinion it's pretty fast. I'm moving pretty quickly. Guess I'm just not fast enough. Thanks for your thoughts though.

I understand all that, but even if I wanted to walk the reservation, I can't, because even though the calendar shows the 2BR lock off dates available, I can't log in until 8am, and then they're gone. It's virtually impossible to walk the reservation. It's not like say if I want January 25th as my start date, so my plan is to book for the 23rd, then walk. The rooms are gone for the 23rd, 24th, and so on. Maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly. If there aren't any 2BRs value lock offs available because people are booking the studios, why then does it show they are available when I check the calendar, just not bookable yet? If I go on right now, the calendar will show there are 2BR value lock offs available for me to book, starting tomorrow February 24th, 2018, for January 24th, 2019. Then at 8am sharp, I login, and by the time the booking page comes up there's nothing. Every single time. Why? Am I just unlucky that my internet service provider speed not fast enough? In my opinion it's pretty fast. I'm moving pretty quickly. Guess I'm just not fast enough. Thanks for your thoughts though.
Try this trick. Login 10 minutes before 8am. Use the RAT to look up your dates. Pick the 24th to the 30th. Click select 7-night stay. This will take you to booking page with the dates already entered. At 8am click continue and book. This should get you in faster.

Maybe you need to start your walk two weeks prior or there is a software issue.

Try this trick. Login 10 minutes before 8am. Use the RAT to look up your dates. Pick the 24th to the 30th. Click select 7-night stay. This will take you to booking page with the dates already entered. At 8am click continue and book. This should get you in faster.

Thanks, I'll try that again. I thought that's what I tried the other day, I was logged in, went to the booking page, put info in, and right at 8am I tried to book it, and the system logged me out and made me log in again.

Maybe you need to start your walk two weeks prior or there is a software issue.

How could I do that? It still has to be eleven months out. I've been trying for almost a week already, every day, as we can go any time in January, after the 18th. It's not like I want January 25th until the 31st, so I'll start booking on February 15th for next January 15th. Everything is gone gone gone. It shows the following day from the day I'm trying to book, and forward is available, but I still have to wait until the next morning to try again, and then bam, gone.

One bedroom value is available for the 23rd, so its studios that are causing your problems I think.

If you want to stay starting on the 25th, try making a reservation on the 18th for 7 nights.

Yeah, the issue is that everyone walks for those, so getting to be one of the people that manage to slip in and book is simply a matter of luck, persistence and a lot of early mornings. On the other hand, everyone walks, so you might get in on the back end if you don't get in on the front end. (Probably not cause of the lockoff thing, but its possible).

In order to walk, you have to be one of the lucky few who manages to snag that room right at 8am one day. You just have to keep trying.

The post about there being 10 lockoffs is important. That means you’re not just competing against people who want a two bedroom, but also everyone who’s booking a studio. How many people do you think are trying to book that value studio every morning?

Also, people can book for up to seven days, so not all of those rooms are available each day. How many of the people who have already booked reservations are checking out each day? Simple math says that’s only one or two rooms that are available for booking each morning.

In short, you need to be fast and lucky.

Last edited:
All the tips and tricks are useful but this is clearly a case where demand far outweighs availability.

Tomorrow (2/24) is the 11 month booking date for 1/24/19. But since guests can start their reservation based upon arrival day, there are already rooms booked for 1/24/19. People arriving on January 18-23 already have access to that night since you can book your arrival plus up to 6 additional nights. Thus even if availability is currently showing for 1/24/19, it’s less than the 10 2B villas available. It may just be one room.

Walking may play some role but as you point out, it can be difficult to even get your proverbial foot in the door. Bottom line: There are far more people wanting to book the Value rooms than there are available villas. They will always go quickly.

To think that DVC actually lowered value point stays seems crazy to me.

I know they upped CL.
I know you probably know this Bobbi but for the benefit of others; since the total number of points in a year is fixed if you want to increase one category you need to reduce a different one. They can do that by moving between "seasons" or between unit types.

Keep checking because people that walk will be dropping days, and with a little luck you can get something.
I managed to get a 2 BR value for October. The point difference between booking a 2 BR value vs standard isn’t that significant in choice season when I’m going so that’s a bit of a bummer.
In choice, it’s 19, 23, 16 pts less in a value for a week S, 1BR, 2BR respectively.
In other seasons for a 2BR it ranges between 30–60 points savings! Wow!

In order to walk, you have to be one of the lucky few who manages to snag that room right at 8am one day. You just have to keep trying.

The post about there being 10 lockoffs is important. That means you’re not just competing against people who want a two bedroom, but also everyone who’s booking a studio. How many people do you think are trying to book that value studio every morning?

Also, people can book for up to seven days, so not all of those rooms are available each day. How many of the people who have already booked reservations are checking out each day? Simple math says that’s only one or two rooms that are available for booking each morning.

In short, you need to go fast and lucky.

For some reason, this cracked me up! I've neither been fast nor lucky! :rotfl2:

Keep checking because people that walk will be dropping days, and with a little luck you can get something.
I managed to get a 2 BR value for October. The point difference between booking a 2 BR value vs standard isn’t that significant in choice season when I’m going so that’s a bit of a bummer.
In choice, it’s 19, 23, 16 pts less in a value for a week S, 1BR, 2BR respectively.
In other seasons for a 2BR it ranges between 30–60 points savings! Wow!

It's about a 50 point savings for me. 170 vs 220

FYI, that's 8am eastern time, not local time, so if you're central...it's earlier.

Thanks, Bill. I am eastern time. I will be trying again tomorrow! Maybe I should do some finger exercises.:laughing:

In short, you need to be fast and lucky.

This, you just have to be lucky, and faster than the next guy in order to be able to get in. I don't book the value rooms, but we like to stay CL once a year, and we have the same issue trying to sneak in, at any point, to be able to book our room, and it is extra fun for us because we are on the West Coast. This year we failed three days in a row before we were finally lucky, last year, we were only able to get half of the nights we wanted in CL.

This, you just have to be lucky, and faster than the next guy in order to be able to get in. I don't book the value rooms, but we like to stay CL once a year, and we have the same issue trying to sneak in, at any point, to be able to book our room, and it is extra fun for us because we are on the West Coast. This year we failed three days in a row before we were finally lucky, last year, we were only able to get half of the nights we wanted in CL.

Holy cow, I feel for you, having to get up so early successive days in a row! I guess I shouldn't complain. At least I can get up at a normal time. So far I'm on my sixth day trying. About ready to give it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter