Whats coming soon??

Well will you look at that!
n3rvax.jpg

Caskbill was right :)

Oh that is toooo funny Cricket!! I am losing it over here . . . :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

And all those people who were guaranteeing that it would NOT be announcing a new DVC!! Guess they're eating crow now. :rotfl2:

Hey, I thought it was supposed to be 3D. :3dglasses

Caskbill, how did you ever see that coming, the sign reads exactly as you spelled it out!! (Did you have "inside" information?) What will be used as abbreviation? VIENDBCS? Holy Cow! :yay:

aDVCguy said:
:rotfl2:
Caskbill,
The cat has been on the phone w\ MS all day...
VERY up set that he can't smoke there!
Is there a little kitty veranda he can hang out on
to smoke? Please write back soon...he's driving us NUTS!
:rotfl:

That's it, I'm selling my points!
49297328_57d1647eac_m.jpg

WebmasterCricket said:
Well will you look at that!
n3rvax.jpg

Caskbill was right :)

Ok - I have to ask - is this for real or somebody's very clever computer trick?!

Sorry if this is old news but I've been sort of out of touch completing an internship - I MISS MY DIS!!!!

Anyway - after the last fiasco, I want to know if this is really real before I get excited about another addition to the DVC family.

Thanks!
Cyn

BkrsLoveDis! said:
Ok - I have to ask - is this for real or somebody's very clever computer trick?!

Sorry if this is old news but I've been sort of out of touch completing an internship - I MISS MY DIS!!!!

Anyway - after the last fiasco, I want to know if this is really real before I get excited about another addition to the DVC family.

Thanks!
Cyn

Cyn,

Do you honestly think Disney would put up a sign like this? That should be your answer.

dvc_john said:
Cyn - you must not have read post #311

Tee hee - I told you guys I was out of the loop - it did seem suspect to me and that's why I had to ask but now that I've read post #311, it all makes perfect sense!

Maybe I should just refrain from posting until my internship is over with and I have my brain back!

Ha!

Thanks for straightening me out!

:rotfl2:

Horace Horsecollar said:
From other articles, I agree that a Coco Palms Kauai DVC resort is extremely unlikely. However, just because another developer is involved in a resort project doesn't mean that DVC can't also be involved.

There are a number of Marriott Vacation Clubs in which Marriott works with another developer. The developer provides the location and financing. Marriott brings the name recognition, reputation, marketing, sales, ongoing management, and inclusion in the MVCI network of resorts. In such resorts, Marriott may or may not have an equity role. Presumably, the developer and Marriott both make money, and Marriott doesn't have to come up with all (or any) of the money for land and construction.

Along the same lines, I could see DVD/DVC working with another developer. In fact, in any future off-site locations, I think such a partnership is actually more likely than DVD doing everything themselves.

I recently posted Could this be the New DVC Resort in Hawaii?, speculating that the developers of the Grand Ko Olina project at Ko Olina on Oahu are likey to want a timeshare partner for the timeshare part of the massive resort complex -- and a DVC resort could be a good fit for the developers and DVD/DVC.

That doesn't exactly mean, "DVC was in the process of buying the Ko-Olina Resort on Oahu." But there will be newly built timeshares at the Ko Olina Grand (in addition to the Marriott timeshares at the south end of Ko Olina). It's likely that the new timeshares will be branded with a trusted, recognizable brand. Maybe, just maybe, that brand could be Disney Vacation Club.

I was talking to a friend who owns a Hilton Grand Timeshare. He was told by Hilton that they are building a large Timeshare on the Big Island in Hawaii.

Plutofan said:
I was talking to a friend who owns a Hilton Grand Timeshare. He was told by Hilton that they are building a large Timeshare on the Big Island in Hawaii.
The Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii, with 120 two-bedroom timeshare units, is scheduled to open early this year. The timeshare resort's guests will have access to the Hilton Waikoloa Beach Resort — and HGVC will undoubtedly market to the guests of that huge, spectacular resort.

I'm not sure what this means in the context of this thread — except to provide more evidence that Hawaii is a hot market and that the timeshare business is now a brand business... such as Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, Four Seasons, and Westin.

Disney owns a valuable timeshare brand. It makes sense for Disney to work with developers who don't have their own recognized brand. The time may come when we see off-site Disney Vacation Club resorts — even if another developer is involved.

If the developers of the Grand Ko Olina Resort on the Island of Oahu include a timeshare component in their project, as they have announced, it will be interesting to see if that timeshare resort has a brand affiliation.

Well, a sign is going up today and it is kind of a truck.....it is actually a giant "slice" of a neat van.....Goofy is hanging out of the front driving and Pluto is hanging out of the back and there is a bunch of luggage on top....it is really cute!!! Right now there are crane/truck things in the way and my husband has the digital camera but I am going to send him an e-mail to get him to take a picture that can be posted. All of the Bonnett Creek visitors can get a good luck at it :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter