Whats coming soon??

emememem

Once upon a time is now.....
Anybody see the billboard across from Bonnet Creek? It's shaped like a big present with a bow and says in big letters "Coming Soon" with the DVC logo in the corner and "The best kept secret" in the other. We were driving by on the way to MGM so I couldn't read anything more...don't remember seeing this before.......... :confused3

Dining Plan, maybe? Or a resort in CA, maybe?

It went up middle of last week, across from the Bonnet Creek resort (not the Eagle Pines location)

As of Saturday night there was no lettering, just a big parcel.....

Hmmm......

Interesting placement of the sign too...across from Bonnet Creek.
Hmmmm....... (dots again, DrTomorrow ;) )

But isn't the back side of EPCOT across from Bonnet Creek? Not much can happen there. The "surprise" probably has nothing to do with the signs location. It may just be a promotional sign. Location probably has more to do with getting potential Bonnet Creek purchasers to look at DVC.

Some one on another board said that the air strip is being cleared for another DVC location. I asked him where he'd heard that, since I'd never heard that here, and I never got a response! I never heard anything about the air strip by MK being a DVC location, has anyone else?

Perhaps it's free private jet service for the sole use of DVC members (hey, come on now...if we're going to dream -- let's dream big!) :banana:

I'll bite - What air strip?

Is there one for private planes? Location?

The air strip, put in way back in the early days of WDW, is located just to the right of the road that leads from the Magic Kingdom auto plaza to the Contemporary. The strip is not used today.

If you are driving in past the MK auto plaza, stay way right as if heading to the Contemp. Go about 500-750ft or so past where the road intersects with the one heading to the right towards Fort Wilderness. Look to your right and you'll see one end of the old strip. They created a large parking area down near one end of the strip that they use for buses and special event parking.

If you are driving from Fort Wilderness towards the Magic Kingdom, just before you get to the intersection with the MK Auto Plaza road, if you look to your right, you can actually see straight down the air strip runway.

Maybe on your next flight down to Orlando, see if they'll just let you land there and drop you off? :rotfl2:

NOW...back to the thread..what is this sign for???????

I just love this speculation. Half the fun of getting a new toy to play with is the anticipation building of what kind of toy it is. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter