What will be your breaking point? Resort fees?

Rickat96

DIS Veteran
Just curious, Started pricing out trip US, offsite-considerable drop in price compared to Disney.

Some Background-

I normally take both of my older kids a grand kids for Christmas, This year I have 5 rooms at CSR with the FD (Thank goodness)

Parking fees will add @ $800 bucks- really a drop in the bucket but its annoying to think of zero value for this fee. I also read that because of the new parking-traffic is backing up the resorts too- sound familiar? This was why ticket prices increase-crowd control (yea right)

So the next thing Disney will need is a "resort fee" to help unclog the traffic. I am almost at the point.

What will it take for you?

We've already adjusted over the years. At first, we cut down our trips. We use to go once a year, then once every other year, now we do once every other year and take shorter trips than we use to. It use to be 10 day trips, but now we've cut them down to 6 or 7.
We'll always go to Disney, no matter the cost. We just may be doing it a lot less.

Reading the comments got me thinking. We have adjusted too. Used to always maintain an AP. Now we buy an AP, use it to cover two years of trips—usually 40 days or so. THen we let it lapse and do resort only trips (we are dvc). So we are buying half as many APs as we used to.

Yep, we’re fully vested so it will just be adjustments as the budget dictates. But, I can’t wait for the next dip in the economy to lighten the crowds a bit. As a DVCer, I simply will not battle extreme crowds. It could come to non- park trips.

None that I have identified as of yet.
We don't drive so parking fees do not apply to us at all.
We don't drive so off site is not an option period. I'm not going to deal with off site transportation choices and not going to rent a car. We enjoy being able drink without worry about watching the number so one of us can drive.
So for now, I see nothing that will stop us.

Us too. We adjust
Us too until rhat reaches a breaking point. For now we have cut:
Q
1.TS
2.Parties no more MNSSHP on top.
3. this year reduced car rental days. We usually do longer trip where we pick up our car rental at MCO and drop off a few days before we leave. Now we will take the MDE straight from the airport and get a rental car in the middle trip.
4. If you like please keep us in nice and start reducing Park days or hoppers.

At some point we will have a breaking point either we completely stop going or we will go offsite. I think this will affect more repeat visitors like ourselves who have seen that and done that. First time park stores have no choice or are clueless at other options.

I was going to say resort fees, but it is my guess that rather than adding a fee, the fee will just get buried in the cost by raising rates. It is an ongoing thing, the rising costs of resort rates, IMO. I am not sure I have a breaking point, but I do have a finite budget, so rather than multiple trips to WDW, our travels there have already been reduced, and we will make them further apart still.

My concern is that instead of a favorite destination for folks, it will become a once in a lifetime destination, and that woudl be a shame really. WDW is no different than any other travel desitinations if the economy goes south or God forbid another tragedy occurs that frightens folks from traveling, so if they outprice themselves for the frequent flyers, they may be in trouble.

I realize that DIsney does not reward those who come again and again, but I really have no idea why this is so. They tend to spend less on souvenirs, but I think that if you add up the total budget, they are much lower maintenance. I knwo we book special events, spend less time in the parks, but still purchace length of stay hoppers, relax and shop, and have no issue dining at an out of the way spot rather than the heavy hitters in the parks.

I would think DIsney woudl want the folks who come just to be there, we are like a set it and forget it. WE are there, and require not much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter