What Pop (or Soda if you dont speak proper English)

Coke but I LOVE Dr Pepper!! I could drink that like water!! I try really hard to limit myself as I can be a soda addict - I try and stick to water !! Oh but some days it’s hard but I’m picky I only like bottled soda don’t care much for fountain soda so on vacation I usually drink bottled water !!

First - it's SODA. A pop is a smack in the face.

Pepsi is the nectar of the gods, but I will drink a Coke is that's all that is available. I actually tried all of the Pepsi flavors with added juices - mango, pineapple, and blueberry. I was surprised how much I enjoyed them - especially the mango and pineapple.

Oooh, I've had mango (yum!) but hadn't seen the others! I would definitely try pineapple, and maybe blueberry.

“Sun tea” is easy to make, and might give you just what you need to tide you over!

You just put water and tea bags in a large jar with a lid, set it out in the sun to brew, and then refrigerate it. I’d say about 1-2 bags per pint, but it’s flexible, and you can leave it out a longer or shorter time depending on how strong you like it.

I usually make it in the summer, so it might have to wait a bit unless you get a warm spell. (But maybe a table in front of a sunny window would work?)
:goodvibes Oh Hon - that is so sweet of you to suggest, but I must say I'm chuckling a little. Here in northern Canada we get less than 6 hours of daylight at this time of year and full sun is not really even a thing. Maybe in the height of summer, when sunrise is around 5:00 am and it's not dark until near mid-night. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
...And, at our house, we drink LaCroix & Bubly.

I will keep some can Cokes on hand in case I have a migraine - a Coke, for whatever reason helps w/ my migraines.

I‘ll also keep some Sprite & Gingerale on hand for when anyone is sick.
Yes - Bubly here for me too, and a ton of it. If anybody had ever told me the day would come when I'd be spending $15/week on canned water, I'd have said they were crazy! :crazy:

I really try to limit my soda intake, but I’ll have it once in a while, especially when eating out at a restaurant (which I haven’t done in months :(). First choice is Coke Zero, or if that’s not available, Diet Coke.

Here in northern Canada we get less than 6 hours of daylight at this time of year and full sun is not really even a thing. Maybe in the height of summer, when sunrise is around 5:00 am and it's not dark until near mid-night.

:laughing: I took a chance, because I recognized your name as a Canadian DISer, but didn't remember where in Canada (and growing up in upstate New York, there were parts of Canada not far away at all.) Definitely give it a go in the summer. It only takes a couple of hours, but it does need a nice warm sunbeam. - We had a really warm spell here in Massachusetts a couple of weeks ago, and I probably could have gotten away with it.

For me it's Coke. And I've been through when they were available in 16 oz refillable bottles where it was a dime per bottle as a deposit. Then New Coke followed by the return of old Coke as Coke Classic.

So how many ways are there to describe it?

Soda
Pop
Soda pop
Fizzy drink
Carbonated beverage
Soft drink (although it describes more than carbonated)

The one I drink most is Diet Dr. Pepper, I love Coca-Cola but I limit myself to only having one once a week and I had one on Thanksgiving so I've had mine for the week. Sometimes I drink Sprite as well.

I don't drink pop or soda, I drink coke be it coca cola or 7up or Dr. Pepper it's coke. Having said that, I drink diet coke.

Pepsi .DH and I call it Soda. However any relatives from my Dad's side call it Pop. They are all from Western PA/Ohio.

Coke is my favourite so that's my go-to, and (because I'm Scottish and it's the law) Irn Bru.
Iron Bru brings back memories. I'm a 2nd Generation Scottish American on Mom's side and I remember trying it on my 1st visit as teen . My Sis & Mom liked it but to me it tasted like fizzy bubble gum( I don't like bubble gum). We have a local shop that sells foods from England, Scotland & Ireland so I pick them up a couple of cans every Christmas Along with some Chocolate covered HobNobs ( I do like HobNobs)

I only drink SODA on rare occasions. Usually with a good slice of real Jersey pizza. When I do it’s usually a coke or cherry coke. I can do Pepsi too.

nothing beats Beaches and Cream cherry coke.

and don’t even come at McDonald’s coke. The special mixture can’t be beat.

Pepsi as a fountain drink out of the machines is always gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter