What Pop (or Soda if you dont speak proper English)

Soda is carbonated water, Pop are carbonated soft drinks such as Coke or Pepsi. I drink the most of Diet Pepsi. On the very rare occasion by blood sugar is too low my personal drink of choice would be a Faygo Rock N Rye. Only available in the upper midwest and not available in a sugar free form.

Very rarely drink pop, but when I do it’s Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.

My drink of choice is club soda.

diet coke the most, but also diet cherry Dr Pepper and diet Cherry 7Up

and it is soda

Nearly half of the country — 47 percent — refers to it as "soda," while 23 percent say "pop" and another 19 percent go the proper noun route and say "Coke.

Classic Coke!

In a pinch or if I am trying to be good, Vanilla Coke Zero.

If I'm at a self-serve fountain at a convenience store I'll mix them half/half.

Yes, none of that French nonsense 😉 for us. Starter, main course and pudding.
I am sure people used to use the generic pop here, but now people refer to the specific drink, so coke, lemonade etc. Do you call concentrated fruit juice, that you mix with water ‘squash’?
The only fizzy drinks I touch are tonic ( with gin) and champagne. We do keep soda water and ginger ale in the fridge for mixers for visitors.
This is pudding:
and this is squash:

I guess I'm not as fluent in Welsh as I though I was. ;)
The SODA I drink when I feel like having a SODA is Dr. Pepper or Cherry Pepsi SODA. :D

Really though, I drink water all day now that I've cut down my coffee consumption to three cups in the morning. In a restaurant I always order unsweetened iced tea.
:lovestrucAhhhh, I adore American (read unsweetened) ice tea. If I ever make it back to the States or onto a cruise ship in my lifetime, I`ll drink the heck out of it! It's not available here; ours is always sugared and usually pre-flavoured with lemon.

:lovestrucAhhhh, I adore American (read unsweetened) ice tea. If I ever make it back to the States or onto a cruise ship in my lifetime, I`ll drink the heck out of it! It's not available here; ours is always sugared and usually pre-flavoured with lemon.

“Sun tea” is easy to make, and might give you just what you need to tide you over!

You just put water and tea bags in a large jar with a lid, set it out in the sun to brew, and then refrigerate it. I’d say about 1-2 bags per pint, but it’s flexible, and you can leave it out a longer or shorter time depending on how strong you like it.

I usually make it in the summer, so it might have to wait a bit unless you get a warm spell. (But maybe a table in front of a sunny window would work?)

I absolutely love trying new flavours!

I'm a complete Fanta nut, all the flavours are great.

But, usually I drink very cheap storebrand lemonade (0,17£ for a 2L bottle), and I put some squash (Robinsons, storebrand, Ribena) in it for the flavour. I don't like squash things just with water.

When I was in America, I was completely hooked on Brisk Ice Tea ... so gooooood!

“Sun tea” is easy to make, and might give you just what you need to tide you over!

You just put water and tea bags in a large jar with a lid, set it out in the sun to brew, and then refrigerate it. I’d say about 1-2 bags per pint, but it’s flexible, and you can leave it out a longer or shorter time depending on how strong you like it.

I usually make it in the summer, so it might have to wait a bit unless you get a warm spell. (But maybe a table in front of a sunny window would work?)
I've tried many times to make sun tea. It always tastes a little "moldy", sort of dusty flavored, if that makes sense. I gave up.

First - it's SODA. A pop is a smack in the face.

Pepsi is the nectar of the gods, but I will drink a Coke is that's all that is available. I actually tried all of the Pepsi flavors with added juices - mango, pineapple, and blueberry. I was surprised how much I enjoyed them - especially the mango and pineapple.

I’m in “coke” country.

It’s all coke.

“What would you like to drink?”

”What kind of cokes do you have?”

”Oh, let’s see... we have Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, &, I think, Dr. Pepper.”

”I’ll take a Dr. Pepper.”

And, if it’s not cokes, then the 2nd choice is “soft drinks”.

Never, ever pop or soda!! That just hurts the ears.

And, at our house, we drink LaCroix & Bubly.

I will keep some can Cokes on hand in case I have a migraine - a Coke, for whatever reason helps w/ my migraines.

I‘ll also keep some Sprite & Gingerale on hand for when anyone is sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter