What movie makes you LOL no matter

Ahh, the “Things on tv that bug you” thread reminded me of a movie that I can’t believe I completely forgot about. It’s one of my all time favorites...Galaxy Quest!! :laughing:

“By Grabthar’s Hammer......what a savings.”

So many funny lines in that movie.

O Brother Where Art Thou
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Analyze This
My Cousin Vinny

Last edited:

Wow, nobody mentioned "Tootsie."

There's a great scene near the end, where they go on live TV, and Tootsie starts talking and then starts stuttering and they don't know if she will finish talking. That always has me cracking up. :rotfl2: And Bill Murray isn't even listed in the opening credits. It was such a wonderful surprise to find him in it. And he gives such a brilliantly understated performance. :thumbsup2

You know another one I love
Murder by Death, haven't seen it in years but a favorite for laughs none the less.
And with respect to the #metoo'sI will not mention a couple of a fellow New Yorkers earlier movies.

Pure Luck (Martin Short cracks me up)
What About Bob
Bridesmaids
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (just recently saw this and it is so unique and funny)

I forgot about Pure Luck. What a classic that not too many people know about, I think. Anything Martin Short does is hilarious to me :)
There was one where he was a fairy godmother in training, but I can't think of the name of it! Do you remember? He helped 2 kids and their Dad, who was an opera singer stand in. Oh well..................

The Thin Man

Nick: I’m a hero. I was shot twice in the Tribune.
Nora: I heard you were shot five times in the tabloids.
Nick: It’s not true. They didn’t come anywhere near my tabloids.

Nick: The murderer in right here in this room. Sitting at this table. You may serve the fish.

Nora: It’s the nicest dinner I ever listened to.

Nora: Waiter, will you serve the nuts? I mean, will you serve the guests the nuts?

Mrs. Doubtfire, Birdcage, White Chicks, Dumb n Dumber. THEY DON'T MAKE movies like the used to......

Wow, nobody mentioned "Tootsie."

There's a great scene near the end, where they go on live TV, and Tootsie starts talking and then starts stuttering and they don't know if she will finish talking. That always has me cracking up. :rotfl2: And Bill Murray isn't even listed in the opening credits. It was such a wonderful surprise to find him in it. And he gives such a brilliantly understated performance. :thumbsup2

Does Jeff know?

A underrated gem
Has anyone mentioned Slapshot or or Major League along with Let It Ride they would make my triple crown of funny sports movies.

Slapshot is such a classic - was going to link the Hanson Brothers' debut, but there's some language LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter