What is the worst thing your pet has swallowed or had in its mouth?

Rabbit owners tend to go through a lot of phone chargers and other cords. As much as you try to keep them out of reach, bunny teeth always seem to find them. We once bought a great recliner with massage, heat and a reading lamp that popped out of the arm. Then a bunny figured out how to get under it. Then it was just a chair.

Rabbit owners tend to go through a lot of phone chargers and other cords. As much as you try to keep them out of reach, bunny teeth always seem to find them. We once bought a great recliner with massage, heat and a reading lamp that popped out of the arm. Then a bunny figured out how to get under it. Then it was just a chair.

I'm sure it was not funny at the time but I'm still giggling over your description.

Other than a dead critter, the worst was one of our dogs taking a huge chunk out of a newly frosted birthday cake. It was on the stove and our dog had never messed with stuff before.

It was an hour before our son's party, so we had to run to the store. I nixed DH's idea to serve the back half of the cake.

I’m a vet and have seen a lot of stuff pulled out of the GI tract—socks, underwear, buckles from shoes, hot wheel cars, sewing needles, ribbons, Christmas ornaments, tinsel, yarn, tampons, stuffed animals, bones, rocks, hair ties, bits of tennis balls...it goes on and on

When I was in high school I had a GSD. She ate an entire belt from my mom's dress. We didn't know she had eaten it until she passed the entire thing still intact. These days I make sure that there is absolutely nothing on the floor except water bowls and dog beds.

My Labrador spit out her pain pill, and my westie swooped in and grabbed it. Had to induce vomiting on that one.

The same Labrador brought in half a mole and dropped it on my kitchen floor. I wanted to die.

We had a kitten that ate an ear plug (one of those foam ones you can buy in the drugstore). It completely blocked her intestines. She had to have surgery to remove. it.

I haven't had a pet in a while, but I recall the time my dog snuck up and ate some raw chicken being prepared on the kitchen counter. It was back out within minutes, which was what made it bad since I had to clean it up.

Oh dear...so many choices over the course of 50 odd years of life with a parrot.

A lover’s knot ring was chewed into parts on my finger. He laughed at me when I shot dagger eyes at me.
A pocketbook’s corner was eaten. Guess he was peeved that I wouldn’t feed him meat.
He ate the trim off of a Victorian bookcase.
Got drunk drinking coffee and scared the bjs out of me.

We have 4 personal dogs and are a foster family for dogs so I could go on for days about crazy stuff our dogs have eaten.

Favorite story is about a teeny tiny chihuahua my husband had when we met 22 years ago. After we got married I was cleaning out the fridge in late January and came across the end piece of a New Year’s Day pork loin. I threw it in the trash bag beside me and little Chico snuck in there as my head was in the fridge and snuck off with the pork. He buried it in his crate blankets and was snacking on it for a week. I kept smelling something awful and could not find the smell. Chico was also ill all week. The following weekend when it was crate cleaning day I found the rancid pork. This same dog also ate our younger sons entire Easter basket with the foil and wrappers.

He lived to be 19 and passed peacefully in his sleep with a smile on his face.

We have a new puppy and she likes to eat my older dogs poop 😬. We have caught her trying to eat it as it’s coming out. My oldest daughter said it’s like she thinks it’s a soft serve dispenser. 🤪It’s so disgusting we are trying very hard to get her to stop.

Lol soft serve!! I totally feel your pain. We have doxies obsessed with eating poop. Picking it up right away has been the only solution that works. Even then they’ll lick the grass or leaves after :crazy2:

One of my cats ate a piece of tinsel.
I only knew when it was coming out and he freaked.
Thank God he was okay.
After that we started keeping the tinsel up a bit higher so the cats wouldn't have as easy access.

Someone doing renovations on our house left a cigarette butt outside. Our dog was a new pup and ate it before I could get to it. I was able to contact the vet and take the necessary precautions. So gross.

Once I found a bouncy ball (tangerine sized) and a paper clip in my puppy’s vomit. I have no idea how she didn’t choke and die.

Our big labradoodle partially swallowed a natural marrow bone. Luckily the marrow was long since gone, allowing dog to breath. The bone was too big to go down the throat but it got caught behind her jaw bone. Scared the crap out of us and we had a heck of a time getting it out. DH pried open the dogs jaw as far as he could, while I stuck my hand in trying to pry a slimy, slippery bone out. It took a while because it just wasn’t getting past the jaw bone. :eek:

One of my cats ate and passed a piece of string once. It seems so tame compared to some of the dog answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter