What do you you guys think?

i just read this thread and am appalled at all you are having to deal with. If I had a vacation booked that I was dreaming about and was now in jeopardy ( esp. considering everything else the OP has been through ) I don't think I could deal with the stress. It's such a shame that being disabled means that we have so many "fights" over getting accommodations, etc. Please keep us posted as to the outcome. I'm sure the company is hoping you'll give up.---Kathy

Betty;
Keep fighting! Can your friend who is a lawyer help you out? I really hope your vacation gets sorted out; it was hard to follow the threads b/c so much of them was missing.

Well this is what I have responded to Laura:

In response to your slanderous post on the DisBoards (which I might point out was deleted by the board moderators ) I am not liable or slandering you or your company, if every word I have written or spoken is 100% accurate, backed up by documentation. Unlike you, I only posted the truth backed-up with documentation about my dealings with you or your company. You should read the thread because I am not the only one your company has a gripe with. You might need to get you wording straight because from your e-mail it was obvious that you didn't even know what you are saying see your words below :

" Furthermore, as stated before, we did not have a contract. The contract that YOU signed was a "Rental Contract".

So, which is it ? You took my deposit and cashed it which shows that we had an agreement, contract or whatever you wanted to call it.

If I wanted to stay at the allstars (with no kitchen, washer, dryer I would have booked it myself, but I wanted a HOUSE, which is what I rented from you. So that is why I called Disney they have a villa with rollin shower, washer and dryer, full kitchen and all amenities that I booked with you. Since you say you go by your cancellation policy I thought I would quote your cancellation policy, in case you don't know it here is a direct quote from it:

"We reserve the right to move your reservation to another equal or better facility ..."

The only reason I did not mention the fare change was because I called the airline to see if I could cancel tickets and they told me that they were non-refundable, but that I could change dates for $100.00 each plus whatever the difference in fair was, but these are the dates we planned on for various reasons, so that was not an option. You have a real nerve calling me manipulative and cunning when your company has already cost me $1045.00 in airfare that I will not be using, and I was only trying to work something out with you that is fair.

If you were in my position you would not be as forgiving. I will continue to answer posts and questions from people with the TRUTH about your actions and how this is handled from now on from your behalf

I will continue to answer posts and questions from people with the TRUTH about your actions and how this is handled from now on from your behalf

As well you should.

And thanks for keeping us posted. This is disgusting indeed and you're clearly dealing with people that do not care to abide by their word or their contractual agreements. In short, this story should be told (and with deliberate wording and phraseology that the big search engines will pick up on) so anyone considering doing business with this company will think twice about doing so. Or hopefully they'll move on and find a company with a history of treating their customers fairly and with respect.

Furthermore, once these people finally learn that people cannot and must not be treated as they have treated you, a full refund should not be enough to compensate you for your lost time. You deserve more now. And I think that you'll get it as this message board gets a LOT of traffic.

So, please don't give up and please continue to keep us posted here and anywhere else where you might find an audience that would like to hear this story..

Thanks guys !

I was feeling a bit depressed and under the weather, so I wanted to take a break from the whole situation. I'm happy to tell everyone that Laura has found 2 properties that may suit our needs. She has emailed me all the information and I have not had time to review but I will. They are more expensive but she has offered to possibly pay the difference.

Will keep all informed ! thank-you for thinking of us :flower3:

You go girl!!! I so admire that you have no rolled over and played dead, and yet you haven't been nasty either. I so believe that you will end up getting blessed in this whole situation and your trip will be wonderful. Keep the wonderful attitude and don't get worn down. YOU are the injured party----anyway you look at it. Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :yay: :banana: We are all:cheer2: you on!!!!!!!!

Whew! I'm so glad to hear there may be an acceptable resolution! Keep us posted. You do deserve equal or better accommodations for the dates you had already reserved. The owner of the property is really the one at fault, taking a reservation from a private person without notifying the management company which he/she hired to reserve his/her property. Meanwhile this put the management company in a sticky place but they are bound by your rental contract and should recoup their losses from the owner or eat them.---Kathy

They are more expensive but she has offered to possibly pay the difference.

Will keep all informed ! thank-you for thinking of us :flower3:

POSSIBLY?? I don't think so, the should absolutely pay the difference. This has been a horrible experience for you, the trip you have researched and planned has turned into a mess because they can't get things straight between themselves and the owners of the villa. None of that was your fault and Laura and Southern Select Villas needs to fix it asap.

They should absorb ANY AND ALL differences in the cost. Do not accept anything less. I admire you so much for standing up for your rights. You deal with issues every day that are a struggle, planning a magical Disney vacation should not be this stressful.

We are here to support you :hug:.

I am glad that you are close to a resolution.

I think most of us have fought a different version of this at some time. While it is draining, I try to remember that it is not just about my situation, but all that come after me, and that helps to recharge me.

bookwormde

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter