What do you think will really happen in 2042 or 2054?

My guess:
Is that they will tear down exsiting resorts, and resale them as DVC II....
DVC is TOO profitable now, can you imagine what it will be like in 35 years???

DVC is a "cash cow" for Disney....

deerh

My "guess" is 5-7 years out DVC stops ROFR on the 2042 resorts and also no longer allows transfer of points for these resorts, and limits reservations to your home resort only. That way DVC can maintain pricing on any new or newer resorts.

My "guess" is 5-7 years out DVC stops ROFR on the 2042 resorts and also no longer allows transfer of points for these resorts, and limits reservations to your home resort only. That way DVC can maintain pricing on any new or newer resorts.

I don't have a copy of the contract yet, but would Disney be allowed to keep members from reserving at resorts other than their home one under the agreement? I can see cutting out perks, but that doesn't seem like a perk. It seems basic to the system.

My own take on it is that Disney won't do anything that would make current buyers think twice about buying in.

I don't have a copy of the contract yet, but would Disney be allowed to keep members from reserving at resorts other than their home one under the agreement? I can see cutting out perks, but that doesn't seem like a perk. It seems basic to the system.

My own take on it is that Disney won't do anything that would make current buyers think twice about buying in.

I'm not an expert, but I think all the timeshare systems reserves the right to sell or limit individual resorts. For example HH and VB resorts are good candidates to be sold off in the future and no longer be part of Disney.

I own in the Starwood system. Starwood bought some Embassy Vacation propoerties and rebranded them as Sheraton timeshares.

...and limits reservations to your home resort only.

Even if they can do that, I'm not sure why they would. Limiting BCV owners to staying at BCV and BWV owners at BWV just makes those resorts more difficult for non-owners to book.

As long as they home resort priority exists, people who are unable to use their points have only themselves to blame for not booking sooner.

I thought we'd cleared this up.

On Jan 31 2042 the appropriate DVC resorts will spontaneously burst into flames and burn to the ground. I just hope I'm there to see it. :firefight

That's right-and some of us might burn down with it. I plan to be sitting on my balcony at OKW, sipping a Sultry Seahorse reflecting on my past 90 years. I've already told our financial planner that we expect to live until 1/31/2042. After that, no worries!

If DH and I are still alive in 2042, we'll be lucky to know our own names, much less Disney's. :lmao:
You'd have to ask our kids (if they've not sold our contracts by then :confused: ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter