Week After Thanksgiving

About to hit the road... I’m so excited but dreading this drive! (And my drive isn’t nearly as bad as it is for others.)

I start the drive tomorrow morning! 10 hour day (PDx- Sacramento) and then 6 hours Sunday (Sac- Anaheim). I know it’s going to be exhausting but SOOOO worth it!

We fly out Monday evening and will be in the park bright & early Tuesday morning. So excited!! Though I have to be a downer and ask, have you been watching the weather forecast? I just checked and it's chance of rain most of the week? Wonder how accurate this is... (We're from Oregon, we're used to rain. But I was kind of hoping to get away from it.) ;-)

We fly out Monday evening and will be in the park bright & early Tuesday morning. So excited!! Though I have to be a downer and ask, have you been watching the weather forecast? I just checked and it's chance of rain most of the week? Wonder how accurate this is... (We're from Oregon, we're used to rain. But I was kind of hoping to get away from it.) ;-)
Yep, I saw that too. I’m really hoping it doesn’t show up. Rain has a way of not making it to Southern California. I did notice the weather reports show just short periods of rain. If anything it won’t be that all day drizzle/downpours we get. I’m a California native living in Oregon (for the last 25 years) so I’m hoping for sunshine too. Fingers crossed!

So far it looks like we’ve got a pretty good chance of rain but only on Thursday. Still almost a week away though so it can still change.

We arrive Tuesday. I’m feeling super bummed about the rain thursday. We had rain on our last trip too. I’m seeing 90% chance with a high of 60 degrees. Is there any hope of that forecast clearing up?

We arrive Tuesday. I’m feeling super bummed about the rain thursday. We had rain on our last trip too. I’m seeing 90% chance with a high of 60 degrees. Is there any hope of that forecast clearing up?
Rain has a way of disappearing from the forecast. Several weeks ago, the forecast said five days of rain for Thanksgiving week but we ended up getting just a few hours of rain overnight from late Wednesday to early Thursday. Thanksgiving was perfect and sunny.

Not saying it won’t rain this coming Thursday but it might not! Or it might just rain a little.

Well we made it! We’re at the DLH, we have a view of DTD and the fireworks. Pretty sure my kid will be asleep by 7pm! She’s been asking to go to bed since 5pm. Of course now she’s all jumpy in her bed. Tomorrow we’ll have to take a nap.

Up and at em tomorrow for EMH at DCA and a plan to stack FPs for the evening. I did notice my DL app is having issues with data in DTD, as in it has such a week signal it won’t log in. I’m hoping that will resolve in the parks but I’m a bit worried. Hrrm?

I think we may lose a tooth this trip too and I forgot the tooth fairy stuff. I wonder if Tink can sub in?

Hope you all have a magical day if you’re here or headed here!

Attachments

• 0B592175-E9EC-405C-92D4-0DD92423C3C5.jpeg
    0B592175-E9EC-405C-92D4-0DD92423C3C5.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 15
Well we made it! We’re at the DLH, we have a view of DTD and the fireworks. Pretty sure my kid will be asleep by 7pm! She’s been asking to go to bed since 5pm. Of course now she’s all jumpy in her bed. Tomorrow we’ll have to take a nap.

Up and at em tomorrow for EMH at DCA and a plan to stack FPs for the evening. I did notice my DL app is having issues with data in DTD, as in it has such a week signal it won’t log in. I’m hoping that will resolve in the parks but I’m a bit worried. Hrrm?

I think we may lose a tooth this trip too and I forgot the tooth fairy stuff. I wonder if Tink can sub in?

Hope you all have a magical day if you’re here or headed here!
Glad you made it safe!! We got in about 5 pm. We’re at Earl of Sandwich now. Hitting up DL in the morning early. Hope everyone has a great trip!!

Rain has a way of disappearing from the forecast. Several weeks ago, the forecast said five days of rain for Thanksgiving week but we ended up getting just a few hours of rain overnight from late Wednesday to early Thursday. Thanksgiving was perfect and sunny.

Not saying it won’t rain this coming Thursday but it might not! Or it might just rain a little.

I hope you’re right. It’s now saying 100% chance and half an inch. :(

I think I did 21 rides today, including RSR 4 times! (EMH helped a bit with that then Maxpass helped too.) Even took a nap in the middle of the day, and had a block of time where I was just aimlessly wandering around DCA.

Oh and the sheer number of random characters out was awesome! Pinocchio made me play hopscotch, Peter Pan ran right past me (and stuck his tongue out at me as he did so), then also saw Sulley, Pluto, Mr Incredible, Goofy, Max, Mickey wandering around (I’m sure there were more but I wasn’t actively seeking out characters). It’s so different from WDW where there aren’t random characters just wandering around!

I think I did 21 rides today, including RSR 4 times! (EMH helped a bit with that then Maxpass helped too.) Even took a nap in the middle of the day, and had a block of time where I was just aimlessly wandering around DCA.

Oh and the sheer number of random characters out was awesome! Pinocchio made me play hopscotch, Peter Pan ran right past me (and stuck his tongue out at me as he did so), then also saw Sulley, Pluto, Mr Incredible, Goofy, Max, Mickey wandering around (I’m sure there were more but I wasn’t actively seeking out characters). It’s so different from WDW where there aren’t random characters just wandering around!

This sounds like a perfect day!

I’m up at the crack of dawn due to excitement! Hoping the crowds are good today too! Weather is going to be perfect!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter