Wait, do we have a Fast Pass for that? Final Update, Final Thoughts and Favs 1/26

Before I forget, I wanted to comment on the snake skin. I saw it too! :eek:

Um, I don't know that the driver/guide should have said that about the lion. What was up with that?

I'm with Ethan on being upset with getting soaked on Kali River Rapids. It's been years since we've ridden it simply because we don't like walking around soaking wet all day long.

I was hoping that as he was telling the story about the lion, we would turn the corner and he would be right there... no luck. Did you see the lion while you were there?

I don't think we will ever get him back on Kali! :rotfl2:

lol you become immune to people.. many people probably think I am a royal :idea: and I just don't care lol The best when they are teens is like this conversation.. which just happened this morning at 5:30am..

"Take your pill son" (his adderall).. "oh I am out" .. "what?? why didn't you tell me you were low this weekend so I could refill"... "I told Dad 10 days ago.. "

:sad2:

At this point in the game... all I can do is shake my head most days lol

Oh, we have had those conversations that is for sure!:lmao: One time he dropped his medicine (just one) down the sink accidently and didn't tell us. Right before we headed out on a road trip with 4.5 hours straight in the car. There was not one minute that he stopped talking the entire trip,:mic: by the time we got out of the car we were all ready to run into the cornfields screaming. :rotfl:

When last we left off, we had successfully completed a non-stressful, fun Animal Kingdom day! Mark that one off of our list! And to finish up a relaxing day, the kids decided to take some quick naps on the bus back to the Yacht Club. I am pretty sure I dosed off as well, not sure about Erik, but he can fall asleep anywhere so he probably did;).

We made it back to the room with plenty of time to spare before we had to get ready for dinner in Epcot.

We met this little guy, our first towel animal!

What to do? Well if staying in a once in a lifetime upgrade at the Yacht Club, you hit the lounge for some snacks then head down to the pool! Which is just what we did!

This time Ethan braved the slide with Lorelai and they spent what seemed like hours going up and down. They were having a blast and Erik and I sat at a table under and umbrella and let them have fun. Turns out that they had a fun CM lifeguard at the top of the slide that was giving the kids nicknames, Lorelai became Dinglehopper (for her love of the Little Mermaid) and I can’t for the life of me remember what Ethan was given, I will check with him when I get home. We spent a good amount of time relaxing at the pool, before we headed back upstairs and washed up and changed for dinner.

We still had a bit of time before we had to head out, so we decided to stop in the Lounge for a beverage and appetizer! The kids loved being able to get their own cans of Sprite and the cartoons were always a hit.

The ever popular slide:

Finally we started to make our way to dock to head over to Epcot, we were firm on the boat idea because it was HOT that afternoon!

We started making our way toward Germany, but of course we got pulled over to the Agent P kiosk by Ethan who wanted to do the UK mission. It was taking him FOREVER, so we finally pulled him away with promises of a full mission the next day. We did however keep the communicator, which came in handy later in the night.

As you can see the UK was virtually empty... not so in Germany.

Finally we made it to Germany by our ADR time of 6:50 and by this time we were pools of sweat (lovely picture right?). It was HOT out and Germany is always so crowded!:crazy2: We made it to the check in desk for Biergarten and were told that it would be a 15-20 minute wait. We were drenched, the kids were getting grumpy, and the sun was beating down on us like a oven. YUCK! We tried cooling off in the shade right behind the check in desk, but it was too crowded, so the body heat was awful.

Finally I broke down and the kids and I went right inside the doors of Biergarten to wait. I don’t know if this is allowed or not, there were a few other families in there as well. It is set up away from the eating area, so I don’t think it was a problem. Erik stayed outside to wait for our name. What a man!!:flower3:

The wait was a good 15 minutes, but finally our name was called and we were introduced to the family we would be sitting with. They were nice, but not very talkative. We were sat on the top level right next to the buffet and the family we were with took the closest 4 chairs to the railing, and of course Ethan did not want to sit by strangers, so he sat at the end as far from the entertainment as can be. At times they would stand on their knees and try to see the stage, but they grew bored of trying so they just stopped.
Erik ordered a beer flight, which he said was okay, but he had wished that he had ordered a large stein of one of the beers instead. I tried to take a few photos, but I didn't want to disturb our table mates with the flash, so most of them came out very dark or blurry.

Working on our Passports:

But the real reason we were here was for the food! Not for the kids and I, we are not fans of German food, but for Erik. Well I had assumed that they would have more options for kids, which they didn’t. The kids were NOT happy at all. I think that the majority of their food was bread, salami, strawberries and cheese.

He was happy!

I ate a bit more, but I was really turned off by the sauerkraut. I really like homemade sauerkraut, but something about Biergartens just tasted off to me. Erik, our resident German food lover, wasn’t a fan of the food either.
All in all Biergarten was a fun, “Glad we did it once”, type of meal, but we probably won’t be going back any time soon.

Seeing as we weren’t big on the food we were finished pretty quickly and headed back out to do some more World Showcase exploration.

Oh the construction walls...

We hit some of the countries we had breezed by before like Morocco. How beautiful is that pavilion!! I swear I took a lot of photos, but I can’t for the life of me find them. Maybe I took them with Erik’s phone, and as we all know those are long gone. We have to make sure to spend more time there next trip, and explore more!

After leaving Morocco, we entered Japan, where Ethan became a Ninja!
Can you see him? He was in stealth mode he called it. He ran around Japan hiding behind things and cracking us up!

I spend a good portion of my life saying, "Get down!"

We headed into the gift shop and considered picking a pearl, but I wasn’t really feeling it right then. Ethan and Lorelai were however feeling the stuffies!!

Finally we made it to the coveted France pavilion, where I stood in the long line to get a wonderful Grand Mariner Slush, with an extra shot on top of course! There was proof, on Erik’s phone, but of course those photos are gone… I haven’t gotten over it yet obviously!:rolleyes2

I was in line so long the kids and Erik were able to get some photopass photos taken!

Ethan also had quickly discovered that there was a France mission available on his communicator, so guess what he was doing? I sure you know!

Lorelai wanted to color Duffy, so Erik decided to sit on a bench and keep an eye on Ethan and watch Illuminations, while I took Lorelai to find the Kid Cot station. It is amazing how many nooks and crannies there are at Disney! We finally found the Kid Cot station way in the back corner of France, next to the patisserie! Score!

While Lorelai made friends with the French Kid Cot host (she was the only kid there), I went back and grabbed a chocolate croissant to go with my slush. YUMMM! Then I joined Lorelai and Mr. French. No pictures because I had the all important slush in one hand and the chocolate pastry in the other!

We sat until she completely had finished coloring her Duffy and then we headed back out to find Erik and Ethan. We timed it right, as most of the crow from Illuminations was already gone, either that or it was a very light night!

We considered what to do and since it was an EMH night we decided to head over to The Land and get a ride on Soarin’ in. Not before we stopped in Canada for a Cronut! I was stuffed from the pastry and Erik didn't like the cronut, so I believe Lorelai ate it and really liked it.

When we got to Soarin’ the line was only a 20 minute wait, well worth it, so we hopped in line. Turns out it wasn’t even that! We were hearing our flight instructions within 10-15 minutes, by none other than Kronk himself! I didn't recognize the voice, but the kid's did immediately and they were so excited! The Emporor's New Grove is a family favorite.

Soarin’ was as fun as ever and we considered trekking across the park to Test Track, but we were so close to the International Gateway and Test Track was soooo far away. We decided to forego the rest of EMH and head back to the hotel. We meandered back to hotel on foot and seeing the pool the kids decided they wanted to swim, again!

Erik took them upstairs since it was only minutes until 10:00 and I wanted to stop by the photopass booth in the Beach Club lobby. I was hoping I made it in time! I was the only person waiting behind a woman who really had no clue how Photopass or Magic Bands worked, and apparently not all of their friends and family accounts were linked. By the time it was my turn it was a good 15 minutes after 10:00. I felt horrible holding the CM there after he was suppose to be closed, but he was very kind and said he didn’t mind at all. He scanned my Enchanted Tales with Belle, BBB, and Star Wars photo cards, picked out Lorelai and within minutes I was good to go!

I met Erik and the Kids as they were coming out of the elevator and we headed over to let the kids do some swimming at our last night at the Yacht Club. That was so sad!

I really wasn’t excited to move to the Wilderness Lodge the next day like I thought I would be, we were just so in love with the Yacht Club! We were discussing our upcoming trip with the kids (which by the way has changed yet again, but I will come back with the details when they are more final) and the kids are HEARTBROKEN that we will not be staying at the Yacht Club again. They really loved it there, and so did the adults. If only we could justify the extra expense...

We let the kids swim until it was closing time and we headed back upstairs. The kids and Erik passed out in minutes and I tried to pack up as much as possible before I hit the sack after a very full day!

Next up: Our last full day at WDW and doing the resort shuffle!

What a great update! I went down that slide myself at YC and I have to say - OUCH! It must definitely be for the smaller sort because I felt like it really hurt!

I keep thinking I need to get to Biergarten, if for no other reason that to speak some German and hear some good old German music.

I spent some extra time in France this trip and found that I really liked the ambiance! The PP pictures are so beautiful, too, day or night.

How awesome that you said yes to the kids swimming again that night. It's like a kid's dream for that to happen! :)

I would have been a little sad to move to WL too; I love YC (but, of course, WL is a wonderful hotel as well!). After this trip, I definitely decided that in the future I would not return to WDW unless I could rent points for either BC or BLT. I'd do a week offsite at SVR again (because I loved it as well!), and then 3-4 nights deluxe. That's the only way I'm going back; I just love those hotels too much!

First off, kudos on the upcoming trip. That is AWESOME!

When I started catching up your TR, I found I was WAY behind. (The POR arrival and Yehaw Bob show was where I had left off.) It has taken me a few days to get caught up but I enjoyed it. Great job on the writing and pics!

I was cracking up and saying "Nifty" all at the same time.

What a fun afternoon!

Sorry Germany wasn't a hit. Sometimes stuff like that is a one time only deal. Glad you took it in stride.

I wouldn't be over losing the photos either;I may always have the memory but I want the pics :( just another reason to take twice as many on your next trip!

Speaking of, can't wait fir the update!

Sorry you weren't happy about leaving YC for WL. Just gonna have to wish list another stay at YC in the future :D

What a great update! I went down that slide myself at YC and I have to say - OUCH! It must definitely be for the smaller sort because I felt like it really hurt!

I didn't attempt it! I'm not a big slide person as it is, and I was afraid of the bumps!!;)

I keep thinking I need to get to Biergarten, if for no other reason that to speak some German and hear some good old German music.

It was a fun atmosphere, but the food just wasn't for us.

I spent some extra time in France this trip and found that I really liked the ambiance! The PP pictures are so beautiful, too, day or night.

We loved France!!

How awesome that you said yes to the kids swimming again that night. It's like a kid's dream for that to happen! :)

You always hear that when you ask a kid what their favorite part of the vacation was, it is always the pool. Ethan said his favorite part was scanning his magic band to get to the top floor!:lmao:

I would have been a little sad to move to WL too; I love YC (but, of course, WL is a wonderful hotel as well!). After this trip, I definitely decided that in the future I would not return to WDW unless I could rent points for either BC or BLT. I'd do a week offsite at SVR again (because I loved it as well!), and then 3-4 nights deluxe. That's the only way I'm going back; I just love those hotels too much!

We really like deluxe! We LOVED the Wilderness Lodge the last time we were there, but the Yacht Club location and themeing was so relaxing! Plus we go to the "Wilderness Resort" in the Dells many times a year and although it isn't Disney, I think we have worn out the "wilderness" theme.

First off, kudos on the upcoming trip. That is AWESOME!

Can you believe it has already changed dates... again... I knew better than to say 100% sure. Turns out we have two basketball games and a weekend basketball tournament that week.

When I started catching up your TR, I found I was WAY behind. (The POR arrival and Yehaw Bob show was where I had left off.) It has taken me a few days to get caught up but I enjoyed it. Great job on the writing and pics!

I was cracking up and saying "Nifty" all at the same time.

It was such a fun trip!

What a fun afternoon!

Sorry Germany wasn't a hit. Sometimes stuff like that is a one time only deal. Glad you took it in stride.

Hey you win some, you lose some!:thumbsup2

I wouldn't be over losing the photos either;I may always have the memory but I want the pics :( just another reason to take twice as many on your next trip!

EXACTLY, oh and back up DH's phone immediately!!

Speaking of, can't wait fir the update!

Sorry you weren't happy about leaving YC for WL. Just gonna have to wish list another stay at YC in the future :D

Update is finished, but I need to upload the photos!

Nothing is worse than waking up and knowing you are on your last full day at Disney World, well nothing other than the next day and you know by the time you go to sleep that night you will be at home, thousands of miles away from your happy place! Well, at least we had that to look forward to, right?:worried:

We (and by we, I mean I) were up bright and early to finish packing up the room. I laid out the kid’s clothes and we double and triple checked every drawer and corner. It felt like we were leaving that morning, which started us out on a sad note. The kids however brought us back up, because when you are a kid, you don’t think about what tomorrow brings all the time!
We woke the kids up and got them dressed, and took some last photos of our beloved Yacht Club room.

Goodbye to this wonderful view!!

We called down for our luggage transfer, and in no time we were headed out for a special breakfast ADR.

We made one last appearance in the club lounge for water bottles and caffeine and headed downstairs.

These are the ONLY photos I took of the Yacht Club lobby shockingly!

Goodbye to Stormalong Bay…

Goodbye to the waterslide…

Erik and I would have loved to save energy and beat the heat by taking a boat to Epcot, but the kids were insistent on walking again, and this would be our last chance.

I am almost certain I have the same plants in our yard, but they are 1/1,000 of the size, not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Even after walking around the showcase for multiple days, I always seem to forget just how far it is from one side to the other!! By the time we booked it to Norway we were HOT!!

It seems like we spent a lot of time waiting outside for this meal. The kids were ready for some breakfast that was for sure!!

Finally we made it inside and after another wait, we were able to meet with Belle.

I totally think that they will turn this meal into a hosted meal with Ana and Elsa. Obviously they are turning Norway into Frozenland, it is a logical choice to kick Belle out and replace her. Why is Belle here anyway? Isn’t she French? I am horrible at geography, but even I know that Norway and France are nowhere near each other, and if I were Belle my vacation castle would be in the south of France, not in Norway.

We were seating in the main dining room at a table that seated 8, so we had plenty of room for food I guess. Our last (and only) meal here had been at the very end of lunch, missed some of the princesses, food was blah, and we were nearly the only ones left in the restaurant. That was not the case this time! We were in for the whole shebang!

We headed up the buffet and got some cold offerings and pastry, pretty standard fare, to go with the hot food selection that was brought to the table, again pretty standard breakfast food. It was good… not fantastic. More like the free breakfast at a Country Inn and Suites. Not worth the price if you were paying out of pocket for the food, but at least it is only a one credit meal on the DDP.

But the real draw here is the princesses! And they were a crowd-pleaser this morning, well for Lorelai, Ethan was completely uninterested, no matter how hard some princesses worked at getting him to be.

First up was Aurora…

Then finally a Cinderella with personality!

Then Ariel! Lorelai’s dress was definitely a topic with all the princesses, but sadly Ariel wasn’t on the dress.

Lorelai made up for it by telling Ariel that she was her favorite princesses, and that her nickname was Dinglehopper.

To which Ariel replied that she had used a dinglehopper to do her hair just that morning!

Last up was a cheery Snow White, who tried everything she could to get Ethan up, to no avail! ::yes::

We finished up our meal and headed out

toward Future World. Bet you can’t guess which ride we will be riding??:rotfl2:

Up next: Hey Little Piggy!

I am so sorry that an update hasn't been posted in a while, life keeps getting in the way! I am working on one right now... hopefully I will get it finished and uploaded today or tomorrow.

Just a quick update about what has been keeping us so busy!

First our annual trip to the pumpkin farm! We have been going to the same pumpkin farm since before Lorelai was born, we like the un-carnival feel to it, although over the last few years they have been adding new attractions that are pulling away from the farm feel of the place. The year we show up and there is a carnival ride, is the year we stop going and find a new farm.:sad:

Lorelai freaked out about .02 seconds after this photo was taken when the magician told her he was going to cut her in half, and ask to go sit down. LOL

A favorite... a pumpkin eating dinosaur robot...

Don't forget the pumpkins!

We met up with a few other families during the day which was fun! Our group begins with Lorelai and extends all the way down to the little boy next to Ethan!

It was a beautiful day, and not cold or windy at all... too bad it didn't last the week until Halloween. Halloween was awful! It was cold, but the worst part was the icy wind. Ethan refused to take off the hood of his jacket for even a second for the photos. They did me proud picking out their costumes. Lorelai was Maleficent and Ethan was Indiana Jones (which I managed to put together from thrift store finds, including a official IJ hat!). The kids did a bit of trick-or-treating, got more than enough candy, then we went to warm up at a local Mexican restaurant where the adults had margaritas!

Even Karli dressed up, she doesn't look amused does she....

Then we were up bright and early for basketball practice and cheerleading competitions on Saturday.

It was the girl's last competition, and their last bid for state. They worked so hard for the last two weeks, and we really thought they would make it. Unfortunately we found out the morning of that one of the girls had the flu and wouldn't make it. With 30 minutes to spare they tried to rework the routine without one girl. The girls did a wonderful job (especially for 5-7 year olds), but missing one girl really showed and they didn't get a bid. They were still happy, which is what matters!

On top of all of that it has been a busy couple of weeks! I got a new car!:cool1: I love it! We have had two sleepovers, one craft show, one small family crisis and normal school and work for everyone! I am ready for Disney World!!!! Oh and yesterday I bought a "new" dining room table that I am stripping down this weekend and refinishing, oh and I am repainting our kitchen cabinets this weekend as well in between a charity poker tournament and Ethan's first basketball game of the year! We got his schedule last week and he has a MINIMUM of 38 games over the next 4 months, not including twice a week practices. There could be more due to tournaments! :faint:

I bet you're right. It probably won't be long before the Frozen sisters are having breakfast in Norway.

I looks like your daughter had a wonderful time!

You guys sure are busy bees!

Halloween looked so cute and fun, even if it was super cold! Ours was quite the opposite; sweaty and muggy.

Ethan sure has a lot of basketball in his future! I'm sorry the girls didn't place, but it's good that they were still excited to compete. Mama, you are a diy princess! Wish I had the know how to refinish a table!

As for your Disney breakfast it sure looked fun! We've never done that one (I can't even spell the name of the restaurant); not a big Epcot group. For some reason I think Ethan's reluctance to participate is adorable. Such a boy thing to roll his eyes at the girls and remain in his seat.

You have a lot going on, enjoy it all! Ttfn!

I just finished reading your report thus far, and man, you guys have really packed the fun and magic in!! Can't wait to hear more :)

Sara, sorry I got a bit behind.

We used to love Biergarten, but we went about two or three years ago, and we were very disappointed and vowed not to go back when there are much better restaurants in WS. Mark does love the beer there, but you can get that at the cart.

Love all the photos around WS and the PP pics while you were getting your slush of Eric and the kids is wonderful.

I hate last days. And here how you feel about checking out of a resort you fall in love with (I can't comment on the Yacht Club as we've never stayed there...way out of our budget), but we feel that way every time we leave AKL.

I always wondered why Belle was the "centerpiece" too. She belongs in France for sure. I love all of the pictures of Lorelai with the princesses (and love that Ethan was resistent; that's why we never took the kids to CRT...it would have been a waste of money because at that age they had NO interest in princesses :rotfl:). We ate lunch there once and haven't gone back; wasn't a fan. I'm sorry breakfast wasn't all that much better for you guys.

I can't believe that Ethan had his first basketball game almost in my backyard.

I bet you're right. It probably won't be long before the Frozen sisters are having breakfast in Norway.

I looks like your daughter had a wonderful time!

Epcot is going to be Frozenland before long!

You guys sure are busy bees!

Tell me about it!

Halloween looked so cute and fun, even if it was super cold! Ours was quite the opposite; sweaty and muggy.

I would trade places with you in a minute... my husband not so much!

Ethan sure has a lot of basketball in his future! I'm sorry the girls didn't place, but it's good that they were still excited to compete. Mama, you are a diy princess! Wish I had the know how to refinish a table!

Pinterest is my friend!

As for your Disney breakfast it sure looked fun! We've never done that one (I can't even spell the name of the restaurant); not a big Epcot group. For some reason I think Ethan's reluctance to participate is adorable. Such a boy thing to roll his eyes at the girls and remain in his seat.

You have a lot going on, enjoy it all! Ttfn!

He was a hoot during this meal!

I just finished reading your report thus far, and man, you guys have really packed the fun and magic in!! Can't wait to hear more :)

:welcome: More is coming right up!

Sara, sorry I got a bit behind.

Isn't life always getting in the way!:lmao:

We used to love Biergarten, but we went about two or three years ago, and we were very disappointed and vowed not to go back when there are much better restaurants in WS. Mark does love the beer there, but you can get that at the cart.

And Binny's! ;)

Love all the photos around WS and the PP pics while you were getting your slush of Eric and the kids is wonderful.

When we got home and I was looking through the PP pics I saw it and had no idea that they had even took it! I was in line for a LONG time!

I hate last days. And here how you feel about checking out of a resort you fall in love with (I can't comment on the Yacht Club as we've never stayed there...way out of our budget), but we feel that way every time we leave AKL.

We really fell in love with the YC, unfortunately it isn't in our budget if we want to go more than every 5 years!

I always wondered why Belle was the "centerpiece" too. She belongs in France for sure. I love all of the pictures of Lorelai with the princesses (and love that Ethan was resistent; that's why we never took the kids to CRT...it would have been a waste of money because at that age they had NO interest in princesses :rotfl:). We ate lunch there once and haven't gone back; wasn't a fan. I'm sorry breakfast wasn't all that much better for you guys.

I don't think we will be back for a while! They really need more boy meals...

I can't believe that Ethan had his first basketball game almost in my backyard.

We are so close! We are looking to buy in that exact area right now... of course you are leaving though!:lmao:

After dining with the princesses, we headed out of the World Showcase since it hadn’t opened yet, and into Future World for our last tour of the trip. My details of this time are a little fuzzy… next time I should really take touring notes, or more photos… I do know that we didn’t follow our original plan at all! Who says Fast Pass plus rules your day..... I honestly don't remember what we moved around or if we used FP at all this day!! :eek:

Our first stop of course was Test Track, but on our way we passed a photo opportunity that Lorelai just had to jump into!

We had a fast pass for Test Track at 11:00, but Ethan was insistent that we get two rides in this morning. We hopped in line and waited…. waited a good 25 minutes or so! And rode our ride! Looks like it was 10:09pm, so we couldn’t jump back in line for another ride using our FP.

The next few rides I am just guessing at, but I am sure we rode Mission:Space one last time (as it was a favorite) and probably Spaceship Earth (another fav). The only thing I know for absolute certintiy we headed into Innovations West, as a promise to Ethan. We had walked through at one point and the video games were calling his name, as were the benches, AC and relative quite calling my name! Erik broke off to go to Starbucks and came back with many yummy caffeinated drinks! He was very upset with me for not telling him that any drink/any size was a snack credit at Starbucks, add it to the list of things I forgot on the trip!

Ethan headed to the video games and the building could have burnt down around him and he would have not noticed! :laughing: In fact we forgot to use our TT FP+ and he never noticed!

Where did Lorelai go? To play “The Great Piggy Bank Adventure”. She began it alone, but I could tell she was confused so I went in to help her out. It turned out to be fun, kinda. A good diversion and break from the heat, but not something I would plan on again. She didn’t care, she had fun holding the pig if nothing else. Plus she liked that it kept getting heavier, like money was being added to it.

After we pried Ethan away from the games we decided to try out a ride without a wait! Journey Into the Imagination w/ Figment. This was our first “Journey” and Lorelai fell in LOVE with the ride. She wanted to ride it again, but the boys were not interested. Needless to say we have a Figment Fan on our hands!

Sometimes with everything going on in life I forget that the kids are still so young and carefree! I love this short video of Lorelai playing!

Watch Video Here

How cute is this???

We headed back out and the sun was a scorcher that day, it was HOT! The boys headed out to find a rest room, and Lorelai and I stayed and played with the dancing fountains. I feel like I am missing about 100 photos, but I think I just took video of her discovering the water. She wasn't sure at first what to make out of it...

Watch Video Here

We were definitely starting to feel the heat!! We decided to start moving toward a snack and the WS for lunch!

Can you just feel the heat coming off the photo!? It was hot!!

Through the wonderful construction walls.

First stop? The UK where Ethan grabbed a communicator and got to work on his mission. We didn’t see him much in the UK, I wondered if I should be more worried about that fact, but it was very un-crowded and we were walking around and ran into him quite a bit.

That is just what he needs!

Lorelai was enjoying the UK and the pretty gardens when we came across Alice!

With no line...

Alice was wonderful and Lorelai had a great interaction with her. I took my favorite picture of the entire trip with Alice and Lorelai twirling at the exact same moment!

Showing off their party dresses...

Erik grabbed us some fish and chips from the QS next to Rose and Crown and the three of us (Ethan was still working with Agent P) sat down next to the water to enjoy our food. Let me preface this section by saying we NEVER fed any animals at WDW, there are signs everywhere and our kids read signs like hawks and yell at us if we don’t obey. Not that we would anyway…. ;)

As we were sitting eating there was a squirrel who was eying my food specifically. There was another table who was feeding him, but he had his eye on me. He was getting brave, coming right up to me. I shooed him away several times, but he kept coming back.

This is him climbing up my chair onto my shirt! I shooed him away again! I AM NOT FEEDING HIM!

He finally settled in the chair next to me, just watching. Lorelai was very unsettled by this, but what happened next REALLY freaked her out! As I was eating a fry, the squirrel lunged from his chair straight at my hand/arm, next to my face. Lorelai was setting across from me and FREAKED OUT! I slung the squirrel off my arm, he didn’t harm me, but she was screaming bloody murder. Erik and I (and all of the people sitting around us) were laughing so hard we were about to cry. Lorelai spent the rest of the meal sitting on top of the table, vigilant for flying squirrels!

You can see the family that WAS feed the squirrel in that photo... they weren't attacked!

Was it mean that as we were walking away from the table I said "Lorelai, here comes a squirrel!" and she screamed and ran away! Probably...

We finished up our fish and chips and headed out to find Ethan, who was just finishing his mission…

Next stop, France, where I had a mission and it didn’t involve the famous slush this time!

Oh my Lord, I am :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: over the squirrel story. That is just too funny. But I would have been giving the stink eye to the people feeding the animals too.

We did the Piggy Bank with the girls when we were there as well. It was the first time I'd ever seen it in action. The girls enjoyed it, as Lorelai did, which is what is important.

Boys and their video games. :3dglasses

I'm glad Lorelai enjoyed Figment...it's one of my senimental favorites and I was on the war path when they said they might get rid of it (although it was best in it's original version with Dreamfinder).

More slushies? YES!

Oh my Lord, I am :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: over the squirrel story. That is just too funny. But I would have been giving the stink eye to the people feeding the animals too.

It definitely woke me up!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

We did the Piggy Bank with the girls when we were there as well. It was the first time I'd ever seen it in action. The girls enjoyed it, as Lorelai did, which is what is important.

It was cute! Not on the level of a must do, but fun.

Boys and their video games. :3dglasses

Seriously!

I'm glad Lorelai enjoyed Figment...it's one of my senimental favorites and I was on the war path when they said they might get rid of it (although it was best in it's original version with Dreamfinder).

More slushies? YES!

I really enjoyed Figment as well. Sometimes I think that since we don't know what we are missing with the original attractions (such as Figment and Test Track), that we like the new versions better than WDW veterans. :confused3

I think the squirrel would have freaked me out!!! That's exactly why I don't feed any animals! They r crazy over food! We have sucks that will chase u when they see a loaf of bread!

I've never don't Figment so I plan to check it out when we go! We r gonna do Agent P too! :)

Oh my goodness, I was laughing like crazy at the squirrel story! Poor Lorelai being so scared. She probably thought that the squirrel was going to bite you or something.

First off, what is up with that brazen squirrel?! The only squirrel I've seen act that way was Merlin, and he was a cartoon! ;) I'd have been up on that table with Lorelei!

That picture of Alice and Lorelei twirling is one for the ages; I'm sure she'll enjoy it for years to come.

I can't believe Ethan forgot about TT! ::eek:: Video games are a powerful thing to a young boy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter