Wait, do we have a Fast Pass for that? Final Update, Final Thoughts and Favs 1/26

PrncessA

Dis_Mom_

Quick Disclaimer: The forum's conversion over to the new software drastically caused a lot of formatting issues. All of my quotation marks and other punctuation are missing, sorry if it messes up the reading experience. If I ever can find time, I will try to go back and fix it. :)

We officially arrived back in the real world only two days ago, can you believe it? :confused: What is a girl to do, when the last 6 months of her life have revolved around planning a trip that is now over? Well, this girl is going to sort through the 1500+ pictures that we took, along with the 300+ photos from Memory Maker and piece together a magical trip for you! :dance3:

This was our first trip back to WDW since 2009 and boy had a lot changed! This trip was full of lots of learned lessons, switching resorts not once but twice, a very magical upgrade pixiedust:, tears (the good kind and the bad), lots of laughter, LOTS of food, a couple of impromptu Dis meets, and of course tales of FP+ triumphs and failures. We learned A LOT this trip about how much we can do each day and still feel like a person by the end of the day, if you know what I mean. :headache: To put it plainly, one can only survive commando touring for so long before they need a nap, and a foot massage! :laughing:

If you would like an in depth look at exactly how this trip came to be there is a link to my PTR in my signature… but in case you don’t know us and don’t want to read the PTR, here is the lowdown on our gang…

Me, aka PrncessA aka Sara, Disney Freak Extraordinaire

Favorite Character: Mickey
Favorite Rides: Small World, Carousel of Progress, Star Tours
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

I am a self proclaimed Disneyaholic! I love everything about Disney from the history to the parks to the movies to the channel. I drive myself crazy sometimes with my obsession, but that doesn'’t change a thing. I am the obsessive planner in our family, and although my family definitely appreciated that when they were bypassing the stand-by lines, it was not appreciated when I had to force them to move along to the next attraction to make a FP+ time. I uttered the words “Fine, if you want to stand in a 1.5 hour line to ride__________ that is fine, by all means finish playing a video game.” multiple times, LOL. I also spent a lot of time digging DH and DS’s prescription sunglasses out of my bag every time we walked in a building and out of a building! I am thinking they both need transition lenses after this trip!

Next up is my wonderful husband, who puts up with my obsession and has become a huge Disney fan as well!

DH aka Grumpy! aka Erik

Favorite Character: Jack Skellington
Favorite Rides: Peter Pan, Kali River Rapids

DH is a Disney convert, and tries to understand the planning of the trip, just enough to be annoying. LOL All kidding aside, for a person who had no interest in Disney World before marrying me, he has become a huge fan and loves to visit. He hates the heat (we would move from Chicago to Alaska if I would agree to it!), so the June heat was his enemy! We will definitely be traveling in a cooler time of year next time!! Despite the heat he spent a crazy amount of time looking for the perfect hoodie… did he find it?

DS aka Donald aka E (9)

Favorite Character: Donald Duck
Favorite Rides: Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain

This was E’s second trip to WDW and before the trip I thought he was losing interest in “childish” Disney characters and movies, boy was I wrong. He was so happy when he found out we were leaving for Disney World that he started crying. He LOVED everything about Disney World, although at some points you would not have known it for his complaining. E has extreme ADHD, very low impulse control, and becomes over stimulated easily. This made for a difficult trip at times with him as we tried to figure out how to space his medicine to best help him deal with the stimulation. DH and I had not realized how much stress and pressure he felt until we saw it all lift off of him at Disney World! It was really a magical experience for him!

DD aka Princess aka Lorelai (7)

Favorite Character: Any princess or Daisy Duck
Favorite Rides: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Star Tours

This was Lorelai’s first trip to WDW that she would remember, since she was only 2 years old on our last trip. She is a movie buff and will watch any movie or TV show; she doesn’t care what it is. She is in love with the princesses, and tries to keep a list of her favorites, which changes constantly. Her #1 for the last while has been Ariel, that didn’t change during this trip. She is a spitfire and is very opinionated and headstrong! This made for a very interesting trip a few times! She was heard to say many many times, “This is the best day ever!”, followed with crying because something didn’t go her way. Oh the joys of raising a girl!:headache::headache:

After 10 days at the most magical place on earth, it was hard to leave! We have talked seriously about DVC and if we hadn’t thought about it only an hour before our bus picked us up, we would have probably upgraded to annual passes since we are now planning a trip back to the World in February, 2015. Since we got back and recuperation has begun, more slowly for some than others, I have been seriously thinking about a cruise instead of WDW in February (over our anniversary and DD’s B-day), to give us a little relaxation instead of go go go all the time, or even a land and sea vacation (ending with the sea part). We will see how that works out. DH isn’t crazy about the thought of a cruise, but then again he wasn’t crazy about Disney before we went either… Personally I would LOVE to cruise over Christmas, since both of us will be off work without taking vacation time.:hug:

Next up we begin our trip with a surprise that had a surprise reaction from one of the kiddos! :cool1:

Last edited:
Table of Contents

Day 1, May 30
Here we go........
Tales of Moving Sidewalks and More
Our First Night

Day 2, May 31
My Alone Morning
A perfect start to our vacation!
DTD Part 1
DTD Part 2

Life Update

Day 3, June 1
Disney Sprinkles Pixie Dust on Us!!
Tut, tut it looks like rain!
Tut, tut it looks like MORE rain!!
The Never Ending Trip to the Poly & 'Ohana
MK 3am EMHs Rock!
MK 3am EMHs Rock! Part 2

Day 4, June 2
We Attempt and All Day at DHS!!
ToT and a Dis Meet Part 1
ToT and a Dis Meet Part 2
Jedi Mickey Dining and YC/BC Adventure
Jedi Mickey Dining and YC/BC Adventure

Day 5, June 3
A Magical Morning Part 1
A Magical Morning Part 2
A Magical Morning Part 3
A Magical Ending to Our Day

Day 6, June 4
The Jedi Dash!
Jedi Training Academy & Sci-Fi Lunch
February PTR Update
The Epic Meltdown :(
Life Update
Lets see how many photos we can take! Part 1
Lets see how many photos we can take! Part 2
Lets see how many photos we can take! Part 3
Life Update
An Evening With A Pirate and Princess
Cinderella's Royal Table
The Magical Moment That Made It All Worth It

Day 7, June 5
Cape May Cafe and an Epcot Morning
We Finally Make It On Test Track!! But not without a little drama!
Mojitos and Maragritas! Exploring the World Showcase Part 1
Exploring the World Showcase Part 2
Exploring the World Showcase Part 3
2015 Trip Update
Life Update
Via Napoli and Stormalong Bay

Day 8

A Wild Breakfast
A Wild Breakfast Part 2
Life Update and PTR Update!
If you see a hippo... RUN!!
Our first Expedition on Everest!
Finishing out AK
Our Last Evening at Yacht Club & some Polka!

Day 9
Saying Goodbye to Yacht Club
Dinglehopper!
Life Update
A Morning of Upside Down Dragons and Flying Squirrels!!
I do believe we are going to melt!!
Wilderness Here We Come!!

Day 10
The Beginning of the End
The Beginning of the End Part 2
Finishing Up

Final Thoughts and Favorites
Favorite Photos

Yay! Cant wait to hear about your trip! My DH sounds very similar to yours! He will only go to Disney Nov-Feb. :goodvibes And he doesnt get into planning at all, unless it is to request a restaurant a month before the trip. :scared1:

I am here too! Glad we got to meet up! Looking forward to reading all about it.

First off, sorry this chapter is very very light on the photos; I promise that it picks up drastically in the next chapter! :duck:

It had been 5 years and 6 months since our family’s first and only trip to Walt Disney World. Since then we had planned, booked, and ultimately cancelled at least three trips!:worried: When I booked our 2014 trip I was sure that it would be cancelled, but I started a PTR and booked our trip for August 2014, and we tried to keep it a secret from the kids. That is hard to do, when all you want to do is scream with joy!! :banana:

The trip changed forms many times, from how many days we were staying, to where we would be, whether we would stay CL or not, if we would go with a dining plan, and if so which one… till finally we were booked Aug. 15-17 AoA & Aug. 17-24 YC, DxDDP. I made it to my 180 days, made my ADR’s, Southwest open its flight dates up and I booked our flights. All was set!! Well obviously not, because if that were the case I would be writing this TR in a few months instead of now!:confused3

Two days before I booked our flights DH and I decided that we wanted the kid’s to have excitement built up for the trip so we would tell them. They were so excited! :thumbsup2It made booking the flights feel final and our trip would really happen… until the next day that was! Long story short after much number crunching we had moved our trip from August to May 30-June 8, which was better for school. To keep under budget I ended up splitting our stay 3 ways with 2 nights POR, 6 nights YC w/ tickets and DxDDP and 1 night WL CL! How did a split stay work for us? :confused: Stay tuned!

Although we changed the dates of our trip, we did not tell the kiddos. We now were able to have our surprise trip and let the kids build excitement up for Disney World as well. I am honestly surprised they didn’t catch on with all of the preparation that was going on in our house, as well as a trip to “Tennessee” that was planned not long after our last trip to Tennessee, when we usually only visit once a year. Even though I was in my first semester of college and work full time, I became obsessed with planning our trip. I am sure some of you can relate! :surfweb::surfweb:

I am sure the MDE site would sigh when it saw me log on! I made so many changes to my ADR’s and FP’s that I am sure nothing even resembled the first draft! I was very lucky and even though we were only a few months away from our trip I managed to score Ohana, Cat. 1 HDDR, CRT and preopening Akershus and Crystal Palace! With about 3 weeks to go I managed to get a Dessert Party as well. We were lucky to score an Anna and Elsa FP as well as 4 7DMT FP’s!

So that is how our trip came to be…. but the big question is how did our trip go?

First Up:

Prep and Landing

The days before our trip were crazy! Even though I had finished school, there was so much to catch up on around the house that even though I attempted to start packing a week before the trip, it was a last minute packing job the day before that actually happened. I had collected all the clothes, done the laundry, did my shopping and as a result had an absolute disaster in our basement!! After the kids were asleep I worked feverishly at packing and managed to get it done at around 1:00am! Which I thought was great, considering I was trying to figure out everything we would need for the first three days and keep it separate, since we would be switching resorts. :scared1:

I was up again at 3:00am with excitement:bitelip:, and finally up at last at 5:30am to make sure all of our last minute items were packed. Erik went off to work and I woke the kids up like normal. E went off to his last ½ day of school, while Lorelai tagged along to work with me. This happens all the time on school breaks, but she has a hard time when E isn’t with her. I am not looking forward to E being at camp for a week at the end of the month, last year she didn't eat the entire week!:headache: It was a long morning! I was super busy at work with preparing for my time off and all I could think about was leaving at noon… the time ticked by.

Finally it was time to leave work!! I was itching to get home, but not before stopping at CVS to pick up a battery for our scale (I was convinced our bags were over the weight limit), and some allergy medicine and cough drops for me. I had been battling what I thought was an allergy attack for the last few days. I honestly didn’t even think about picking up Dayquil or Nyquil, since I was convinced that it was only allergies, turns out I was wrong, but that is a story for another day.

At home we finished cleaning up the kitchen (not the entry way as you will see in the video, LOL), moved the house plants, left instructions for our house/plant/dog sitter and made sure we had packed everything. Before long it was time to pick up E from school, so I left with Lorelai while Erik set up the surprise. At school E’s class was about to get extra recess, which I had to crush for him, but I knew he would forgive me quickly when he learned why! In the video you will notice his “homemade bow” from a play that had in his class that morning.

So without further suspense here is the surprise:
Surprise Video

E's reaction surprised me the most! I knew they would be excited, but the fact that he was so emotional and in tears nearly made me cry, my eyes were watering! Lorelai's reaction was spot on for her, attitude all the way! She is a handful! It took a few minutes for us to actually convince them for sure that we were going to Disney and not to Tennessee even after the video. DH played a mean trick on them when we were landing in Orlando and said, "Just kidding, we're really going to Tennessee." E laughed, Lorelai cried... bad joke. :duck:

The wait for the next surprise took forever, but soon enough our limo was pulling up to take us to the airport. To be honest I wasn’t too happy with the experience. The driver was a young kid who was wearing earphones, in both ears, isn’t that illegal when you are driving? He went a horribly long, roundabout way to the airport which made Erik stress, which made me stress. I just didn’t get a good feel from the company. The kids on the other hand loved it and were in heaven.

We are not normally The Middle watchers but the week before Disney we all watched their WDW episode and the kids loved it, thought it was the funniest thing they had seen in forever. E will randomly say at times "When I get rich, I'm going to buy a table like this and never use it!", it is hilarious! Anyway, in the show the family would use the code word "Orlando" to lighten the mood when things got stressful and remind themselves they are "winners". The kids decided we needed a word like that as well.:confused3 So if you were in WDW the same week as us and heard a family randomly yelling the word "Tennessee" and then laughing hysterically that was us! :lmao: What can I say? We are a little weird.... :rolleyes1

Next up: Who else loves moving sidewalks??? and The great tea search of 2014

I'm here, Sara. I love the intros and can't wait to read all about it.
:welcome::cool1: Now the party starts!! :cool1:

Awesome! I'm here and can't wait to read all about your trip! :cool1:

:welcome::dance3: Your unintended cameo makes it's way into our story at the end of Day 2! :rotfl2:

Yay! Cant wait to hear about your trip! My DH sounds very similar to yours! He will only go to Disney Nov-Feb. :goodvibes And he doesnt get into planning at all, unless it is to request a restaurant a month before the trip. :scared1:

:welcome:There was one point where we ended up cancelling a very hard to get ADR, since sleep was more important (we agreed on this), and later that day DH says, "So wait, when are we eating at _____?" :duck::duck:

I'm in. Can't wait to read more! Thanks.
:welcome: More coming soon!!

I am here too! Glad we got to meet up! Looking forward to reading all about it.
:welcome: I am so glad we got to meet up as well. Hopefully another one of our trips will overlap and the girls will get to know each other a bit!

Following along from Facebook :)

Can't wait to hear all about it.

:welcome: So excited to tell about it!!!!!

Another Facebook follower :goodvibes

:welcome:

Joining in for all of the fun! Can hardly wait to hear all about the trip!

:welcome: Lots of Dis cameos in this trip! :cool1:

Aww, the video was priceless!! Your son definitely is a sweet little guy! I would have teared up too. Can't wait to hear more about your vacation!

Great video!!
Thanks, you never know how surprise videos are going to go. We tried doing one on our first trip and it was a complete failure!!

Aww, the video was priceless!! Your son definitely is a sweet little guy! I would have teared up too. Can't wait to hear more about your vacation!

He is a sweetheart that is for sure! He told me the the other day that he would give up all his birthday presents and Christmas presents and a birthday party if we could go back to Disney World.

Joining in :) Loved the video :thumbsup2

Thanks! :welcome:

What a cute surprise video! Their reactions were priceless.

Thanks! I am glad we kept it a secret, it was a great way to start the trip!

Tennessee!! I love it. That's even funnier then the Heck's using Orlando. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Somewhere around day 4-5 we kinda stopped using it, but then on the 2nd to last day we were all stressed out, waiting of the Monorail at Epcot, it was hot and we were all grumpy and DD yelled "Tennessee" :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am hoping for an update tomorrow. I had a partially impacted wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and I don't do well with tooth pain!! Today we are headed to the theater to watch Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark for Father's Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter