VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

I was listening to a podcast that was discussing it was fun to know which room(s) your deeded interest is attributed to. I hunted online but wasn't able to find a map that shows the map of the units for The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge (since I assume those documents weren't updated to say Boulder Ridge). Does anyone have a link to the original units map? I'm specifically looking for unit 16B. Thanks!
Unit numbers such as 16B were only used for filing purposes. I don't think that a map was ever published showing the location of the units with that numbering system. As CarolynFH indicated, those unit designations were part of the state filing requirements. While the state records may be open for public perusal, I don't know if they published them on the web for easy public inspection. My quick search indicated that the filing is done by Disney to the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes.

Unit numbers such as 16B were only used for filing purposes. I don't think that a map was ever published showing the location of the units with that numbering system. As CarolynFH indicated, those unit designations were part of the state filing requirements. While the state records may be open for public perusal, I don't know if they published them on the web for easy public inspection. My quick search indicated that the filing is done by Disney to the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes.
That is too bad! I know that others, such as Copper Creek owners, can tell which block of rooms their points are designated to. Wish we could too.

That is too bad! I know that others, such as Copper Creek owners, can tell which block of rooms their points are designated to. Wish we could too.
I don’t think Disney published a map, but long ago someone may have dug the charts out of the documents Disney filed with the state and posted them (or links to them) here. I’m under the impression that Disney has to file floor plans for each building showing where each Residential Unit is. I’m just not dedicated enough to seek the ones for BWV.

Happy Friday Folks!!😊😊

Prayers for the folks in the path of Helena🙏
We are just on the edge with winds and rain expected over the next few hours but nothing like what’s been experienced so far south and west of us

Happy Friday Folks!!😊😊

Prayers for the folks in the path of Helena🙏
We are just on the edge with winds and rain expected over the next few hours but nothing like what’s been experienced so far south and west of us
I do feel for the folks in the path, to be sure. Must be an ugly, gut wrenching feeling to experience the brunt of the storm. We've been at the leading edge of the long, extended parade of clouds and rain since late Wednesday night. Schools closed for Friday due to flooding of area roads and bridges. Worst of the rain and flooding and winds to come later this morning. And we just lost power s I was typing this! Filled up the bathtub with water earlier this morning, so we've got that. Just made my coffee, too, so that's also good! (I'm using my cellphone as a wi-fi hotspot)

We came home after taking my 93 yr young dad out for his birthday tonight and Casey our DS, AKA Capt. D had his lights off in his bedroom but a familiar tune playing on his tv. He recently remodeled his room, new paint and floors and new bed. He had been wanting to get some throw rugs on each side of the bed for some time. Below is what he unveiled to me.

IMG_3031.jpegIMG_3032.jpeg
I’m such a proud dad 😊

We came home after taking my 93 yr young dad out for his birthday tonight and Casey our DS, AKA Capt. D had his lights off in his bedroom but a familiar tune playing on his tv. He recently remodeled his room, new paint and floors and new bed. He had been wanting to get some throw rugs on each side of the bed for some time. Below is what he unveiled to me.

View attachment 898549View attachment 898550
I’m such a proud dad 😊
That rug is amazing. From what we can see it looks like he did a great job with his room.

Happy belated Birthday to your dad!
My mom turned 90 this summer, hanging in there.

Hello Groupies! Hope everyone is doing well and that those in the path of Helena made it thru ok. Such a devastating storm for so many.
It's been quite a summer here ending with the passing of my husband in early September. The catchup will take sometime but working thru it all. We do have a trip planned to WDW that starts in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to that. Different family and friends coming at different times so we're doing 2 moves. 1 isn't bad but it's been awhile since I've done 2. 1st couple nights at BWV then BLT and finally Riviera.

The maps are available for VWL. I think they are for all the FL DVC's at least. What has varied over the years is the size of the "units" declared so for some of the associations you can narrow it down quite a bit to a couple of rooms but others it may be many rooms. During a big snowstorm in Jan 2019 I looked up my deeded locations. For VWL here's the two rooms I hold a tiny deed on: Unit 1C – 2nd floor 3rd from end Ded 2br’s across hall from each other. 2552 & 2553

Just dropping in to express that my thoughts and prayers are with any Groupies affected by this storm. Of course, prayers for everyone who may be affected, but I put in a little extra request for my Groupie friends. It sounds like so far, so good. Please check back in with us when all is said and done if you are anywhere near that storm. Be well, my friends.

Hello Groupies! Hope everyone is doing well and that those in the path of Helena made it thru ok. Such a devastating storm for so many.
It's been quite a summer here ending with the passing of my husband in early September. The catchup will take sometime but working thru it all. We do have a trip planned to WDW that starts in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to that. Different family and friends coming at different times so we're doing 2 moves. 1 isn't bad but it's been awhile since I've done 2. 1st couple nights at BWV then BLT and finally Riviera.
Oh Kat - I’m so sorry to hear about your husband - sending prayers to you for comfort and strength - and know that you are not alone - I lost my beloved Jerry last year.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest