Room 1006, hearing accessible deluxe studio preferred view, walk-in shower

We had an awesome view from this room. We could see World of Color to the right and would have had a great view of the Disneyland fireworks to the left if they hadn’t been canceled due to the weather. Also, the monorail pool was being refurbished while we were there.

IMG_5184 2.JPG
IMG_5185 2.JPG
IMG_5199 2.JPG
IMG_5235 2.JPG

Room 1006, hearing accessible deluxe studio preferred view, walk-in shower

We had an awesome view from this room. We could see World of Color to the right and would have had a great view of the Disneyland fireworks to the left if they hadn’t been canceled due to the weather. Also, the monorail pool was being refurbished while we were there.

View attachment 828591
View attachment 828592
View attachment 828593
View attachment 828594
Thanks for sharing. Preface, not looking to bring out the hurtful comments here but here goes.

Love staying at Grand Cali. Had "theme park view" once or twice but it really was just pine trees with some theme park noise on the other side. Would be nice to have a view of World of Color or Fireworks from the room. Always best to view inside the park but sometimes things happen.

Disclaimer here. Not throwing shade at Grand Cali. Love the Grand even as we're now VDH owners.

Thanks for sharing. Preface, not looking to bring out the hurtful comments here but here goes.

Love staying at Grand Cali. Had "theme park view" once or twice but it really was just pine trees with some theme park noise on the other side. Would be nice to have a view of World of Color or Fireworks from the room. Always best to view inside the park but sometimes things happen.

Disclaimer here. Not throwing shade at Grand Cali. Love the Grand even as we're now VDH owners.
Yeah I wish they would trim those trees down (or even remove a few) on the VGC wing side facing the parks. The amazing view disappears more and more every year. Sigh. Love the lobby and location so just makes me bummer but still love VGC which is one of our homes too.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but do any Preferred View Studios have balconies?

Deluxe Studio - Standard View - Room 0332
View attachment 834084
View attachment 834085
Magnolia trees and some birch I think. We had something similar with our Duo Studio standard view. Once the trees mature it will look a little nicer and greener. Overall though its the type of room you book for fewer points and enjoy more days in the park. I will say my wife and I did enjoy having our cup of coffee out on the balcony even if the view was meh. And the Disney French Roast K-Cups were tasty. Better than I thought they'd be.

0914: Preferred View Duo Studio - Hearing Accessible
Some plumbing noises but overall a great experience. The room was right by the elevators.

Attachments

• IMG_8327.jpeg
    IMG_8327.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8326.jpeg
    IMG_8326.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8359.jpeg
    IMG_8359.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8325.jpeg
    IMG_8325.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8361.jpeg
    IMG_8361.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8359.jpeg
    IMG_8359.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8329.jpeg
    IMG_8329.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 12
Room 928
Duo Studio Standard View

More than enough space for my husband and me. The Jungle Book theming is great! Even the rug has a lyric from Bear Necessities. And the room has a real chair which the deluxe studios do not! The pulldown bed was more comfortable than I had expected it would be and I slept soundly through the night.

I was so happy to get a balcony. Very loud HVAC noise on the balcony but we enjoyed our breakfast out there anyway. Watched work trucks and cast members hustling and bustling behind the hotel. We will definitely book the duo studio again in the future!

Attachments

• IMG_6351.jpeg
    IMG_6351.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6350.jpeg
    IMG_6350.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6349.jpeg
    IMG_6349.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6332.jpeg
    IMG_6332.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6330.jpeg
    IMG_6330.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6329.jpeg
    IMG_6329.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6327.jpeg
    IMG_6327.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6352.jpeg
    IMG_6352.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6355.jpeg
    IMG_6355.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 21
Room 512
Preferred view studio
Sleeping Beauty theme
Monorail Pool view
Walk-in shower

Oh wow, the most recent post was also mine 😂 Just finished another one night stay at my home away from home. Got a call from the hotel on Thursday asking if I needed the hearing accessibility and I said no and would be happy to take a free upgrade. The cast member nervously replied that they were just checking if I needed the accessibility and might put us in a non-accessible room that would also be standard view.

Instead they pixie dusted me with a monorail pool view studio! And we lucked out to see the first night of the Wondrous Journeys fireworks show that Disneyland is running March 22-April 14. We loved the music that we played from the TV and the coordinating fireworks display that was really fantastic! Another wonderful stay at one of our vacation homes. Our next stay will be at VGC for Memorial Day 🇺🇸

Attachments

• IMG_6600.jpeg
    IMG_6600.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6597.jpeg
    IMG_6597.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6615.jpeg
    IMG_6615.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 25
We just stayed in 1010 a preferred view studio. We loved our view!! I feel like it can’t be much better than this one!

I’m not sure we loved VDH though. We are spoiled by the proximity of VGC for sure but it also felt like you had to walk through the entire hotel to get anywhere. Maybe we just didn’t find an easy way. A CM did say when the pool is open we could go that way.

The sound proofing for a new hotel wasn’t great. We heard a crying baby off and on all night plus the first night a neighbor had a hearty cough. Both kept waking me up.

Sat afternoon/evening the line for security at DTD was outside the gate area past the end of the DLH property. It was like this from at least 3-5 when we went in and out. Is this typical for Sat afternoon? We ended up walking down to the grand since we were halfway there at the end of the line. We went in the Pixar pier entrance with no trouble. I almost think this is a faster route anyway.

The room was beautiful. Loved the lighting! The closet set up is a bit weird but we liked the placement of the kitchenette. We said we’d stay here again- but at least try to waitlist VGC instead. We usually book at 11 months but when my daughter goes for dance we don’t get that much no notice. We are happy to have tried it!

Attachments

• IMG_4733.jpeg
    IMG_4733.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4806.jpeg
    IMG_4806.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4807.jpeg
    IMG_4807.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter