• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I've never done this before (I always just transfer points), but I'm thinking of buying a couple of the gift cards with our CSR and then using PYB to get the 1.25x back on warehouse clubs right now.

Is there something I'm missing going this route?

I've never done this before (I always just transfer points), but I'm thinking of buying a couple of the gift cards with our CSR and then using PYB to get the 1.25x back on warehouse clubs right now.

Just helped another player with that and they were able to redeem chase points to cover the sam's charge without issue. You're good to go!

Check your coupons at BJs. I just received a $10 off $125, expires 5/4/24.

From previous experience, this can be used on gift cards.

Current DGC prices at BJs:
$25 for $24.49
$50 for $48.49
$100 for $94.99 (which is an extra $2.00 off)
$150 for $141.74 (which is an extra $3.25 off)
$500 for $474.99 (which is an extra $5.00 off)
Where do you see these coupons? Is it in the general coupon tab or the savings and rewards? I never see them, so was wondering where they are?

Kroger GC offers, valid 5/2-5/10:

Purchase a $50 Ulta Beauty eGift Card, get $10 Bonus
Purchase a $50 Red Robin eGift Card, get $10 Off
Purchase a $50 Panera Bread eGift Card, get $5 Off
Purchase a $50 Retail Therapy eGift Card, get $5 Bonus
Purchase a $25 Uber eGift Card, get 10% Off
Purchase a $50 O Charley's eGift Card, get $10 Off
Purchase a $50 IHOP eGift Card, get $10 Off
Purchase a $50 Spafinder eGift Card, get $10 Off
Purchase a $25 Starbucks eGift Card, get 10% Bonus (5/1-5/12)

Since Southwest points are worth 1.4 cents, $500 in points are about 35,714 points, while if you buy the $500 gift card for $430 and use pyb at 1.25 cents, you will end up using 34,400 points. So there is a small savings there.

The counter side of that is that if you transfer Chase points directly to Southwest, you can transfer the points only when you need them as opposed to now having some $500 gift cards lying around. As others have said, Southwest can move out of a market at any time without much notice and you don't want to then be stuck with their gift cards. Also, if you need to cancel a flight, points are much more versatile that flight credit which gets tied to the person who used it (on wanna get away flights.)

Booooo. Just went on to try and buy the Disney gcs from Sam’s with early access and there’s a note that gcs aren’t eligible for the 2hrs early access 🙄

Since Southwest points are worth 1.4 cents, $500 in points are about 35,714 points, while if you buy the $500 gift card for $430 and use pyb at 1.25 cents, you will end up using 34,400 points. So there is a small savings there.

The counter side of that is that if you transfer Chase points directly to Southwest, you can transfer the points only when you need them as opposed to now having some $500 gift cards lying around. As others have said, Southwest can move out of a market at any time without much notice and you don't want to then be stuck with their gift cards. Also, if you need to cancel a flight, points are much more versatile that flight credit which gets tied to the person who used it (on wanna get away flights.)
Yeah just not worth it unless you have a trip that you know that SW is what you are flying on asap. SW used to be our go to, now they are always overpriced and also never non stop anymore. Im stuck with $500 in SW credit Id love to use but it just never makes sense since the flight options are so crappy now.

Good points - definitely need to think this through

Looks like I hit my limit of 2 DGC with the ones I got earlier this week from Sam's. I tried to buy 2 more and was not able to. It's ok, the 4X fuel points plus my Amex BCP make for a better deal (14%).

Just got my 2. Already received and added to my Disney Gift Card account. Worth the wait and lack of sleep. Thanks for all the updates!

I missed out on the earlier release of the DGCs, but was logged on and ready to go at midnight. Was 12:01 before it let me purchase. Once I completed the purchase, I immediately hit reorder, and it let me order 2 more. Will see if both orders actually go through. I did get 2 emails with the 2 different order numbers, so fingers crossed. Emails said that the orders are processing and can take 48 hours to ship.

I missed out on the earlier release of the DGCs, but was logged on and ready to go at midnight. Was 12:01 before it let me purchase. Once I completed the purchase, I immediately hit reorder, and it let me order 2 more. Will see if both orders actually go through. I did get 2 emails with the 2 different order numbers, so fingers crossed. Emails said that the orders are processing and can take 48 hours to ship.
I hope it works for you. When I tried to reorder, I kept getting a "Sorry, there's a problem. Please try again" error.

Was able to order 2 Sam’s DGC a few days ago. It will not let me order 2 more now that the sale has officially gone live👎🏻 Boo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter