Tyler's Troopers descend on WDW for a Wishtrip & Birthdays in late May

Ok, birthday shopping is done for the most part. I decided not to go crazy for the boys since they are going to get soooo much stuff on the trip. I did get them both a few things for entertainment during travel. And I cut a deal with Brett :lmao: We just decided that we are moving to Oklahoma about 2 weeks after our trip to be close to my mom since I really need her help with the boys as Tyler's disease progresses (faster than we had hoped). So since he was asking for a bike and helmet for his birthday I made a deal with him that if he would wait until we got settled I would get him one once we are there. Saves me money now and the pain of moving something else that is bulky. Since we are moving so quickly, money is going to be really tight for this trip. Thank goodness that most everything is paid for! We are definitely going to be eating at the Village as much as possible!

I'm working today on finishing up Autograph books :scared1: Making 4 of them has been a bigger job than I really expected to take on. lol I did tie-dye Mickey shirts for us all that turned out cute although a little more muted than I expected before I put them in the washer... They still look pretty cool though! I post some pics later. I was really happy with the result since it was my first try! I also got some iron transfer paper and some cute ball caps to try for the boys... I had this idea of doing pin trading ball caps with an iron on DISign that I found on the boards and then letting them load them with pins to trade each day and the ones they get in return go on their lanyards with locking backs so they don't get lost or accidentally traded... Just an idea :goodvibes

I also picked up some fun stuff for the trip at Michaels and the Dollar store... lots of glow sticks and a pink star glow wand for me! :love: Some cute sorcerer hats, a few little journals and goodies like that.

Found out that our wish coordinator needs copies of all my kids birth certificates and for some reason I can only find two today :confused: So not sure where the other two are!!! So the job for today is to track down copies and get them to her... eeek.

Wow! You have been busy. That is a huge move! I hope that everything goes well with finding new jobs and a new home near your mom.

It sounds like your plans for your trip are coming along great! I made autograph books for our Sept. trip and I was so tired when I finally had them all printed after sizing and re-sizing that I had my husband cut them with the paper cutter. Then I waited to punch holes in them until we arrived at Disney. It sure looks like an easy project from the start. Your shirts sound like fun to make and wear! I love the idea of pin trading hats for boys!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You have a beautiful family! I can't wait to see more photos!:goodvibes I hear you on the whole progression thing. Last year, we moved from SMOs (the low ankle braces) to full articulated AFOs (up to her knee). It was so hard, and I still have a hard time making her wear them because to me, it just screams "sick kid" and I hate that. Up until this trip, we have been using a regular stroller, but realized last week that it is no longer enough for her and will be moving forward with a wheelchair. We've already had the seating evaluation and pre-approval from insurance, so it's just getting the DME rep out here. It just really stinks when you look at your kid and know that this is as good as it is going to get.:sad2:

But enough sad stuff - that's awesome about the Ridemakerz! I know that you guys will have a fantastic time. We made our own autograph books, too, and while it was a major pita, I loved the way they came out so it was very much worth it! And, we got lots of compliments on them, so it was nice to have something personalized and different. I have tons of pages copied to word and ready to go, so let me know if you'd like me to send them to you in a word file. It could save you lots of time!

Haha Kelly wish I'd known a few weeks ago I would have taken those word files! I ended up compiling my faves from the different DISigners in word and printing them myself (I have like a case of Exact Index 110lb cardstock so it was a great use of it!) I'm still working on them... got sidelined with this stomach virus all week so didn't get hardly anything done on the trip or the move :( But I'm feeling better today and back to getting in gear. Today is the start of clean-out/pack up mode. I've got to get as much done as I can since I'll only have about a week after our trip to finish up before moving :eek:

I still need to post pics of our shirts! They did turn out cute but a little more muted than I was hoping. I had lots of ideas for iron on shirts and stuff but decided to hold off a bit to see what MAW gives us and the Mini-Give. I don't want to spend a lot of time and money and stress making stuff and then have way too much lol. I am going to make little "Make-a-Wish 2010" iron on badges to put on all of our shirts for the week. I was thinking kind of like an emblem type thing or badge that can go on the sleeve of everyone's shirt or on the back at the top. Kind of like they do on sports jerseys for championships or something. Am I making sense at all? lol Feel like I'm rambling incoherently... dang adderall today has me goofy.

Anyway, I can't believe its only 2 weeks until we go! And I'm so pumped that there will be a couple of Dis families there at the same times basically (within a few days of each other) so we can meet. I think that is going to be so cool.

Ok... off to find boxes and start packing!

Holy moly, girl...moving right after the trip?! That's a lot, but I bet it will be nice to be close to your mom. Kudos to you for doing the autograph books...I wanted to make them, but I'm feeling like the next two weeks just keeps getting busier and busier, and there's just no more time! I cannot believe how fast our trips are coming up!

Our MAW chapter did not end up giving us shirts, so that was a bit disappointing. And we only got one MAW button, so I guess I'll have had back over to the DISigners board to work on a set of wish t-shirts next!

I don't have them handy and I'm in full moving mode right now but there were some cute MAW DISigns that I downloaded to print on iron-on transfers. If you want later tonight or tomorrow I will find them and PM you or something... If you look on the DISigns board and search for "wish" you should find several ideas people have posted. I know a lot will customize them for you, or if you can't get that done, let me know and I can customize some. I should make some of my own designs, just don't have the time. I'm a photoshop guru lol I used to do a lot of fun stuff when I had my photography studio!

Speaking of photography.... if any of the Dis Families that will be there when we will would like for me to do a quickie photo shoot for them at the Village I'd be glad to do that for you. I love being a photographer just haven't had much time for it in a long while. I have this dream of starting a non-profit kind of like Littlest Heroes for families with special needs kiddos... You can see some of my work (if the site is still up, not sure) at http://www.storyteller-art.com

I don't have them handy and I'm in full moving mode right now but there were some cute MAW DISigns that I downloaded to print on iron-on transfers. If you want later tonight or tomorrow I will find them and PM you or something... If you look on the DISigns board and search for "wish" you should find several ideas people have posted. I know a lot will customize them for you, or if you can't get that done, let me know and I can customize some. I should make some of my own designs, just don't have the time. I'm a photoshop guru lol I used to do a lot of fun stuff when I had my photography studio!

Speaking of photography.... if any of the Dis Families that will be there when we will would like for me to do a quickie photo shoot for them at the Village I'd be glad to do that for you. I love being a photographer just haven't had much time for it in a long while. I have this dream of starting a non-profit kind of like Littlest Heroes for families with special needs kiddos... You can see some of my work (if the site is still up, not sure) at http://www.storyteller-art.com

Thanks Tami! Someone has very generously offered to personalize for me, so I think we'll be okay! I already have Amy's transfer paper, so hopefully it will all work out.

If all the schedules align and there is a good time, we'd love to have some photos done. We are not big on getting family pics done, so this would be a great opportunity for us! :goodvibes

I will try to take a look at your site!

Up until this trip, we have been using a regular stroller, but realized last week that it is no longer enough for her and will be moving forward with a wheelchair. We've already had the seating evaluation and pre-approval from insurance, so it's just getting the DME rep out here. It just really stinks when you look at your kid and know that this is as good as it is going to get.:sad2:

Phoebe was only three when she got her wheelchair but I totally know what you mean. Being small and young I totally resisted the idea that she needed one.

I also got an email back from the VP of NickHotel. I had tried to make a reservation there for either the character breakfast or the Dora Show since Tyler is such a huge Blues Clues and Dora fan. They wouldn't let me since we don't have hotel reservations there. So I emailed them asking if there was anything they could do. They are arranging a private meet-and-greet for Tyler with Blue! And they invited us to the new 4D Dora & Diego movie.

It just goes to show what can happen when you ask! I figure the worst they can say is "No" and if they do we will still have an amazing time!

I wish I had tried a little harder to get Phoebe to meet Blue. I had mentioned it to her wish granter once we chose her wish and the reply from the manager at the main chapter was "we can try to arrange a meet at the Nick hotel or something like that..." but then I never heard another word and I pretty much assumed it was dead in the water. Good job for asking!

We did a Littlest Heroes shoot on our trip and it appears that they are looking for photogs all over the place if you are interested in jumping on their ship. The family selects their fave photogs and the project lets you know which one you are matched with so I'm assuming the photog can say no if the timing isn't right. I'm thinking about doing it also once my youngest starts school. That's when I want to get a full-fledged website, cards and all that up and going. Did you have a separate studio, or was it part of your home? I've always dreamed of having one and miss the days when I worked at one where I could use all the stuff after hours. ;)

I actually just got our approval email from LH but I'm thinking I will schedule it for after we get moved and do it in Oklahoma. I probably know some of the photogs on the list there but havent looked yet. We are taking outfits and I am taking my big camera and going to set up some shots on the beach and have my mom take them. She's pretty good if I just set everything up and tell her what I'm looking for!

Actually I have done it just about every way lol. I started in my garage at my house, then I had an amazing benefactor that helped me get my first storefront studio and equipment. I was there for about a year before we moved to Colorado and things were just starting with Tyler's autism and I felt like I needed some time off. A storefront studio is really demanding especially by yourself and I had been working 40-60 hours a week during the holiday seasons. So I kind of took a break for a few years, which was good because I ended up going through a messy divorce, couple of moves, and meanwhile Tyler was dealing with autism and then the coordination and balance and mobility problems started. My boys all really needed me so I just didn't have much time for it.

I did for a little while here have a studio co-op that was amazing! Huge studio with tons of equipment and lights and about 5 different shooting areas with about any kind of background you can imagine and props. And it was ridiculously cheap. If I were you, I would look for something like that in your area. Its a good way to start doing studio work without a huge investment or overhead.

Moving back I think I will have more time with my mom's help and when the boys go back to school in the Fall Tyler will go all day. So, I'm hoping that combined with the fact that I still have a pretty good following of customers that miss me will allow me to pick it back up part time for some extra income, and especially for the creative outlet if nothing else. I have some projects in my mind that I'd like to do just for myself. And I'd love to get into stock photography, not have to deal with making moms and grandmas happy and attacking the dad's wallets lol

If you want, PM or email me and I'll be glad to talk shop with you and give you any help or ideas from my experience. Like I said I've done it just about every way you mentioned and I have plenty of good and bad experiences to share about it!

The co-op sounds great! I doubt there's anything like that here but I will definitely check. I've done the backdrop in the garage thing too. ;) I totally understand about taking the time off. I wasn't anywhere near 60 hrs a week but I did have a loyal "Christmas card" following that wanted me every year for portraits, and a handful of weddings throughout the year. Phoebe's appts and needs were becoming more demanding as she was getting older and it was a convenient excuse to take a break when we moved to a new state and no one knew me. I have the same plan, to start back up after Tessa is in school. I would love to chat more and pick your brain. If I can get her into a school this fall (she'll only be 4 so not sure) I will want to get started. :cheer2:

Definitely lets chat about it :goodvibes I love talking about photography! I miss it so much sometimes when I have been away from it.

Yay! Less than two weeks to go! :eek: Just got a confirmation call from Nick Hotel for our special MnG with Blue :) Tyler is going to go nuts! My mom got him a "Steve" shirt and another Handy Dandy Notebook for his birthday. I hope that Blue is in a playing mood hehe... We have character breakfast right after our meeting with Blue too so we will get to see Dora and Spongebob and other Nick characters which all the boys will love.

I found a couple of cute things for the trip and got some good new walking shoes that I'm breaking in right now. I have just a few things left to pick up and I've started pre-packing. I'm just waiting now to hear from our local MAW granters to find out when we will be meeting to get the last minute stuff from them. Still haven't finished autograph books :scared1: I think I'm going to get my older son to help with that project!

Your boys are soooo handsome! And you have done a great job of setting up some extra magic for the boys. I can't wait to hear about Ridemakers (I think my son will want to go there) and your special meet with "Blue".

Your trip is coming up soon and I can't wait to read your trip report and see pictures when you get back!!!

We got our first package today from the Mini-Give! Thanks to CajunFan for such an awesome package of Pixie Dust and joy, especially considering that she had some crazy in her life lately. The box was full of cute individually wrapped goodies for each of us, wrapped in tissue coordinating with our favorite colors! My oldest boys aren't here yet so they will get to open theirs later, but Clayton and Tyler couldn't wait to get all those little goodies unwrapped. They both got glow sticks, jungle tattoos, mini Disney card games. Clayton got a cool pirate hat and PoC night light, some travel games and an awesome Buzz Journal. Tyler got some cute Mickey Clubhouse swim goggles and floaties, a really neat water painting book that he had to try out immediately and some stickers and activity book for the trip.

She was also kind enough to include some awesome bath fizzies and cute luggage tags for me and my mom. :cloud9: Can't wait for a long hot bath in the whirlpool tub so she hit it right on hehe

I'll post later with the other boys' reactions! Clayton said he was soooo happy, "not as happy as I will be at Disney, but pretty happy!" Tyler just was totally not having mom put everything in the bags for the trip... so I let him enjoy some of his stuff for a little while and hid the rest while he was distracted!

I did manage to grab a few photos with my phone (didn't have time to find the camera, they were NOT waiting!) so I'll post those as soon as I can get them transferred.

Thank you again to CajunFan!!!! You made our day!

Palm152.jpg

Palm153.jpg

Palm154.jpg

Palm155.jpg

Palm157.jpg

Palm161.jpg

Please excuse the boxes and mess... I'm already packing for our move after our trip! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter