Tyler's Troopers descend on WDW for a Wishtrip & Birthdays in late May

That sounds REALLY cool!!! I hope they pull out all the stops for you guys! I got excited just reading about that myself. My DH would love to do the Richard Petty thing, but its just too expensive for us. Maybe one day... you never know! :goodvibes
The build a car thing sounds cool, maybe when my DS is older we can look into that- as he is only 1, the remote control cars still scare the crap out of him... lol! :lmao: Poor kid- he likes them far away, but when they start coming towards him, her runs away screaming! I guess he thinks they will run him over? :rotfl:

I'm so glad they invited us to do it that way, with the store closed to everyone but us. I think Tyler will enjoy it but I was worried that if it was crowded and he was rushed he would get overwhelmed and melt down on me. I will let everyone know for sure how it goes! He kept hinting that they had a lot of plans in mind but wanted all of us to be surprised :) That's so much fun! I love surprises too but I'm so dang impatient :laughing:

Anyway, I just wanted to reply to try my hand at the siggy thing :rotfl:

Its so cool we will be there at the same time! We will have to make arrangements to meet up!

Oh wait lol I was confused! I'm still trying to learn everyone and catch up on PTRs! Wishin will be there when we are, but I still meant what I said... just meant to direct it to her... too bad you wont be there then too! We could have a party! At someone's villa after kids are asleep... with margaritas or something :rolleyes1

I don't get to go until its really hot in July.... kinda dreading the heat, but we will have fun either way. I mean, I live in Ga for crying out loud... its hotter than poodleville here too! :lmao:
I wish I was going when some of the Wish families on here were going, but so far- one is arriving the day after I leave and that's about it.
The only cool thing about it- I live close enough to visit semi-often, at least if I can convince my hubby that is! He says we need to cut back after all my future trip plans are done- as if that will ever happen!! :rotfl: He knows about my plan to surprise DD9 on her 10th birthday with a trip to Universal to see the Harry Potter thing (we are both big fans!) and my plan for one last trip before DS turns 3 (he is free until then!), but he would freak if I mentioned going again after that! :rotfl2: Poor guy!

I am so excited for you and your boys (re: the Ridemakerz)!!!!!! Good job calling and asking! You are so right, you'll never know unless you go out on a limb and ask and a Wish trip so deserves to be so much more than just another family vacation. I myself got bold and called GKTW to ask for the possiblity for alittle extra something special and they said 'yes' helping to make our trip truly a once in a lifetime experience. Memories that we could never duplicate no matter how much money we had. Better come back and share with loads of px!! My boys already have made plans for a trip to Ridemakerz when we return for an "Anniversary Wish" trip in December.

We are taking at least 3 cameras lol my oldest son is pretty good photographer and when we went to Seattle a few months ago we all three (mom, Dillon and I) took pics and then compiled them. It was so cool seeing everyone's different viewpoints on our experience. So I know we will come home with a TON of pictures! I thought it was so thoughtful of them to think of providing a crew member or two to take photos and videos of this special event so that I could be in the pictures and just enjoying the time with them instead of being wrapped up in documenting it. Meant a lot to me! We are definitely going to be making full use of the Photopass too!

I was feeling so sad this afternoon about the whole wheelchair issue and I got this amazing phone call that really lifted my spirits!

I can relate, although Phoebe has never regressed in abilities or declined in health. When her PT started talking about a wheelchair for school (age 3) I seriously did not want one. First of all, she was 3! She still fit, looked typical, and was completely comfortable in a stroller. But the PT insisted that the school would need it to transport her and she was right. Of course, it's second nature to use it, see her in it, and deal with it now, but I do understand that it is a step that has significance.

He said he has some other ideas including working with some of the big wigs at Disney that he has connections with to do some really "guy" stuff

That is so awesome!!! I love it!

We could have a party! At someone's villa after kids are asleep... with margaritas or something :rolleyes1

Hmmm, you wouldn't be the first to have that idea....let's see if you are the first to carry it out.... ;) I'm sure by the time you actually go there will be another family or two on here that you can "meet".

sounds like a lot of AMAZING things are planned for the trip. Can't wait to hear how all of them go. Especially the Ridemakerz, sounds like they are going to pull out all the stops. Hope that everything goes well!!! Enjoy the trip!

:wizard:

Crystal Palace reservations are made! We have a 2:05 lunch on our first day at MK for Tyler's Birthday celebration! :bday:

I'm going to try to get an earlier time for us if we can so that we don't miss the afternoon parade, but it feels good to at least have a reservation now. I know he is going to LOVE it! He is a huge Pooh fan. I splurged and got the goody bags for the boys and a pop-up treasure cake. Since this is the only character dining we are doing I decided to make the most of it. Gotta remember to pack a candle, he is adamant about having a #6 candle on his cake. I had seen another separate number to order a cake and I'm wondering if it is any different than the cake options they offered me when making my reservation... hmmm... may just have to call and find out! She did tell me when I was expressing concern over missing the parade that if we can get in earlier (she gave me some ideas there too) that if we get out about the time of the parade there is a little known shortcut to get to a good place to watch the parade that isnt usually as crowded. She said just to ask a CM and they would be glad to help us get to the right spot easily.

I'd still like to go see La Nouba but my family is not showing much interest and I figured out it would cost us about $500 for us all to go see it. I guess we will skip it this time!

So, here is my first pass at a general schedule: (any suggestions are appreciated and welcome!!) We are planning to eat breakfast and to be at the character signing times at the Village each morning and then head out.

Sun-Travel and chill at the Village, Teen party for my oldest that night

Mon-MK! 2:05 lunch @ Crystal Palace for Tyler's Bday, possibly a break at the Village in the afternoon for swimming/rest/naps/dinner and then back to MK for the nighttime parade and fireworks

Tue-US/IOA, back to the Village for dinner and the evening to relax and play

Wed-Ridemakerz Bash in the morning (we're not sure what all they have planned yet, so don't know how long this will take us); Daytona Beach in the afternoon until about sunset then back to the village to relax-we may end up switching our beach day if Ridemakerz has a lot of stuff planned and we need to use one of our park admissions this day... if so I'll just have to do some rearranging

Thur-AK for as long as the boys are interested, then possibly another trip to US/IOA with just the older boys for some thrill rides; Winter Wonderland and Christmas stuff at the Village 6:30-8:30

Fri-DHS for Star Wars Weekend opener! Motorcade @ 11am, Block Party Bash @ 3 and as many rides and attractions as we can do in between; back to Village for dinner/rest/relax while I take my oldest to Hard Rock for dinner and Blue Man Group

Sat-undecided until we know our travel times, possibly a revisit to whichever park we still have tickets left for, or horseback riding and playing at the Village

Did someone say margaritas? :drinking1 That's definitely right up my alley! :cool1:

The Ridemakerz experience sounds amazing...good for you for asking! I'm sure your boys will love it. I know we'll have to check it out as well.

It would definitely be fun to meet. Hopefully at Christmas or some other time at the village! :goodvibes

Tami.............

do you know about the Cessna rides offered by GKTW? My two older boys did it and had a blast!

There's alittle bit about it on my TR (px of the plane and the sights from the plane). If you want more info let me know (I won't drone on if it's not of interest LOL). I just thought having boys (I have 3 myself) it might be right up their alley

Well (keeping our fingers crossed) our MAW coordinator called today and gave us the dates of May 16-22 :yay:

I'm so excited but also had a bit of a rough day too so I'm just too pooped out to write more right now, but wanted to update everyone. Looks like maybe we will get to meet a few of you!

We had a long day of SLT/OT/PT and met with the DME rep for the first time and it was basically decided that his mobility and balance/gait have gotten quite a bit worse recently (I had been thinking this too) and that for his safety and stamina the best thing is a wheelchair part-time for now. We are also going to try some AFOs that are made a bit different to see if that helps when he is up walking. Just sad at another step in this journey that I don't want to be on... For now it will be used just for long distances and times when his stamina and strength just can't last, but its also to get him used to using it because he will become more dependent on it as his disease progresses. Again heard that they've never seen a kid so young with such a severe progression already. It sure doesn't do anything to reassure me about the progression of his disease and how fast this is happening.

Anyway, I have a ton of things to do and I'm sure I need to go just take some time to chill after a long day. I'll be back later to post more about planning when I'm more in the mood!

Oh man! This really sucks about the whole progression thing!

But the Ridemakerz thing is awesome! I didn't even know what that was!

subbing, your family is adorable. Love the pics and Wow the Ridemakers sounds awesome! Good job making that call and asking.
Sorry to hear about Tyler's regression.

OK Pamela, that sounds cool and my oldest was totally into the idea, but you are so in trouble! :surfweb: Now I'm all caught up in another TR hehe... I'll never get anything done!!! I'm really enjoying your report though and thanks for the heads up on the plane ride!

OK Pamela, that sounds cool and my oldest was totally into the idea, but you are so in trouble! :surfweb: Now I'm all caught up in another TR hehe... I'll never get anything done!!! I'm really enjoying your report though and thanks for the heads up on the plane ride!

oops sorry :laughing:

When I heard how excited your boys were about the Ridemakerz I thought this might be a treat too. Just FYI it's a max of 3 people on the ride (30-45 minutes). Are you having another adult go with you? If not I don't know if the boys could go without an adult (well, other than the pilot obviously). Or if there is anyway you could arrange someone to stay with one while you ride with the others. Questions for GKTW I guess. When we were there it was offered on Monday and Wednesdays and you needed to book it a minimum of 48 hours ahead of time. The airport was only 10 minutes away so it didn't eat up much time (especially if you got the first or second flight out).

There's alot of stuff available (other parks, shows etc.) in and around the Orlando area that GKTW offers for free or at a discount. If you're interested in a list let me know and I'll pm it. The more you know ahead of time the better prepared you can be. I can't even imagine showing up at the Village totally clueless. I'd be kicking myself for years after getting home and discovering all the things we 'could have' done but weren't aware of:sad2:

I'm so jazzed! My mom just called me and said she got our itineraries for our flights! I don't know why she got them before me :confused3 but no matter... its really starting to feel real now! We leave on Sun. May 16 and get to Orlando around 4:30. Her flight gets in about 15 minutes before ours so perfect. We fly back out on Sat May 22 around 11 am. I wish we had a little more time in Florida on our travel days, but all in all, no complaints. At least we don't have to get up and leave at 4:30am like some people! And we get home at a pretty decent time so everyone will have time to settle back in before bed and a day to recoup before going back to school.

The boys are anxiously awaiting the mail today :dance3: We should be getting several ebay packages today with pins and lanyards for our Pin Trading extravaganza. They can't wait to pick out their pins and do some practice trading. I ordered WAY too many lol

I've got our ADRs for Crystal Palace and Sci Fi now so feel like I'm ok there. I think other than those two meals we are going to try to eat at the Village or just get something quick at the parks to tide us over til we get back to the village.

I'm still trying to decide about the Cessna flight. I don't know if Tyler would be all that into it, although my oldest son sounded really interested. I did find the GKTW Village guide online thanks to a link in one of their newsletters and got some info about the other activities they can help with tickets to and I'm thinking about doing one night at either Medieval Times or the Pirate Dinner Adventure, but haven't decided if we want to spend the time and money doing these yet.

Wheee :) we just got our info packet from GKTW. It's already hole punched and in our travel binder along with our flight info and ADRs. Can't believe we are less than a month away from our trip. This week has been pretty sucky with my boyfriend having surgery Monday and a stomach bug going through the kids. But everyone seems to be a little better today so I've been cleaning house and working on autograph books. I'm making 4! and then making separate ones for US/IOA. And making journals for the middle boys. Lots of things to make. Oh yeah and a few shirts for the boys too. I've already run through one ink cartridge set and only halfway done with autograph pages, so I'll be off to the office supply store soon!

I just got a PM from Pam and we get to be guinea pigs for the Mini-Give! I'm really excited :cool1: I can't wait to help on someone else's mini-give too!

I got a follow up email from Ridemakerz and confirmed our VIP bash for Wednesday morning while we are there. We get the whole store to ourselves from 9-10:30am :thumbsup2

I also got an email back from the VP of NickHotel. I had tried to make a reservation there for either the character breakfast or the Dora Show since Tyler is such a huge Blues Clues and Dora fan. They wouldn't let me since we don't have hotel reservations there. So I emailed them asking if there was anything they could do. They are arranging a private meet-and-greet for Tyler with Blue! And they invited us to the new 4D Dora & Diego movie.

It just goes to show what can happen when you ask! I figure the worst they can say is "No" and if they do we will still have an amazing time!

Next "hope" is that we will get to preview the Harry Potter stuff at US since they are going to be opening it to registered guests the week after we are there for preview events. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will luck out with a soft opening and get to experience it! The boys were super disappointed that it wasn't scheduled to open until after our trip.

Back to the crafting now...

Tami, You are doing such a great job creating so much magic for your boys!!! WTG mama!! :cool1: I can't wait to meet you guys...can you believe how fast the time is going?

I would love to see your autograph books when you are done, so post pictures please?! I am trying to find the time to do some of that myself, so we'll see how that goes. This week was completely nuts, so I hope to have a little more free time next week to focus back on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter