Turkey Poll

Do You Serve the Turkey Carved-at-the-Table or Pre-Carved in the Kitchen?

• Carved at the table

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Pre-carved in the kitchen

Votes: 63 92.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We always carve it in the kitchen and put the meat on a nice platter. The platter along with all of the other food ends up on the table in the dining room so we can take turn passing things around and serving ourselves.

I recently visited Plymouth Rock, The Mayflower II and Patuxet during a trip to Boston. It was very interesting and the historical reenactments at the sites were very well done, including a role-play of Thanksgiving between the residents of Plymouth Plantation and the Village.
Sounds nice! I don't suppose they sold those ginormous turkey legs you see people eating at state fairs and theme parks? ;)

Sounds nice! I don't suppose they sold those ginormous turkey legs you see people eating at state fairs and theme parks? ;)
:laughing: Not that I noticed but in the Patuxet Village they were roasting a duck on a spit over hot coals in a fire pit. And burning out a huge log to make a canoe and stone grinding corn and doing all sorts of other great stuff. At Plymouth Plantation most of the actors were ladies lamenting about having to leave the relative comfort of England for this "new world" nightmare. They were amazing, actually. :goodvibes Oh, and we got a kick-butt hard apple cider slushie in the interpretive centre snack bar. If you're ever in the neighbourhood, I highly recommend a visit.

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and many of us will be gathering at bountiful tables. :grouphug: Best wishes to all who are celebrating and grace and peace to those who find such occasions difficult.

Question: Do you serve your turkey as a showpiece and carve it at the table, or pre-carve it in the kitchen?

View attachment 903016
Why does Grandpa, who probably is incapable of boiling water, get to carve the turkey at the table? He likely hacks it to bits.

Every Thanksgiving except once the turkey was pre-carved in the kitchen and placed on a platter for people to take what they wanted.

That one time the turkey was carved at the table was a complete disaster. The potatoes and other sides were placed in large bowls and passed around so-called family style.

Nobody knew whether they were supposed to wait until everyone was served or to start eating right away.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Always carved in the kitchen. There's too much mess to deal with at the table.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest