Transgender Gym Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
The others would have the same rights to change in the locker room, a family changing room, a stall, or at home.
My expectation when I enter a "men's" locker room is that everyone in there will be male. And it is my belief that it is a reasonble expectation.

Now, having said that, if a private gym has some other policy, that is their right. I won't deny that. I don't however have to agree.

I really think that transgendered individuals prefer to appear the gender they identify. I'd be very surprised to hear about problems with them stripping down in public locker rooms, causing problems. That certainly didn't happen at our high school, and not in the media. Heck, all this poor woman did in the article was hang up her purse! I'm sure more would hear about naked transgendered people, if it was a big issue.

The problem that I see if many people here are saying it shouldn't be an issue if a transgender person does want to strip down (using your words) in a public locker room. They idea that anyone who has a problem with that or is uncomfortable with that is a bigot, full of hatred or anything else that's being said here is unfair.
These are the types of issues that do have to be addressed, especially with transgender people becoming more accepted.
They can't be addressed if they can't be looked at objectively on both sides .
Your question of whether a young girl with full male body parts would be ok in a men's locker room is no more legitimate than mine asking what problem could arise from a young man with female body parts using the men's locker room.
Of course I was basically told it was out of the question to think men might have concerns about it. It was also assumed that my concerns over accusations of inappropriate behavior stemmed from some negative feeling about transgender people instead of the much more logical idea that mixing grown men and teen female bodies in an area where they would be undressing could easily lead to misunderstanding.

That is your opinion. A lot of people believe they are what they are not - be it a bad singer who thinks they are great, a tall person who believes they are short, or someone with "lady bits" who believes she is man.

I would not want to share a bathroom changing room with a male, I don't care if they want to be female and dress like a female they are still male..
No, they are not. Most females are attracted to males, but some are gay, and are attracted to females. Most females are women, but some aren't. The brain beats the bits. This isn't a choice. What if you 11 year old told you he was a girl?

That is your opinion. A lot of people believe they are what they are not - be it a bad singer who thinks they are great, a tall person who believes they are short, or someone with "lady bits" who believes she is man.

I do think the locker room situation is more complicated than many here but I have to disagree with you on this.

I think that comment is incredibly hurtful. Why do you get to be the person who defines someone else's gender? Why can't they define it for themselves?

You group the later with the three former? Wow.

How far a reach is it to believe that there are mistakes of birth where gender is concerned? Babies are born with all sorts of birth defects, from something as simple to correct as clubfoot (as one of my children was born with) to very complicated heart issues to conjoined twins. Somehow, there are people in this world that believe that there can be no mistakes when it comes to the human brain and how it perceives gender or the hormonal make-up of a person.

Society is perfectly okay with surgically repairing heart issues, separating conjoined twins, and correcting clubfoot yet not okay with gender reassignment surgery. For those people, *****=male, and there will just be no budging.

So what if a person feels like they are a different species? They were born a human but everything inside them tells them they aren't the right species. Does that mean that they actually aren't really human? Because they feel like they aren't? And species dysphoria is actually a thing. Some may say that's a ridiculous argument, but if society is all about the way a person feels then that is the road we are headed down. If there is no distinction between something being right and something being wrong, then you can make an argument that everything is right.

So what if a person feels like they are a different species? They were born a human but everything inside them tells them they aren't the right species. Does that mean that they actually aren't really human? Because they feel like they aren't? And species dysphoria is actually a thing. Some may say that's a ridiculous argument, but if society is all about the way a person feels then that is the road we are headed down. If there is no distinction between something being right and something being wrong, then you can make an argument that everything is right.
And letting gay people legally marry will own up the doors for people to marry animals? Let me guess, you are one of those...

And letting gay people legally marry will own up the doors for people to marry animals? Let me guess, you are one of those...

People marrying animals shouldn't be wrong though, right? If thats what they feel they are attracted to...

:sad2:

Why shame someone for asking a question? You want someone to learn about something they don't know about or don't understand? If people are afraid to ask questions, they cannot learn about something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter