Toystoryduo’s Journal: Baby Steps are the Key... Celebrate Each Victory!

Tracy, first of all sending some big hugs out to my Wish Sis: :hug: :hug:

As usual, your post could have been my post! I too began emotionally eating at a young age (for me it was 7 if you can believe that). Your idea that you haven't been able to emotionally mature all the way because you have dealt with emotions through eating really struck home. I think that is so true and never thought of it like that before. I know that with prayer, the support of friends and family and the way you are so honest, the "answer" is closer than you think. It takes a lot of courage and dedication to even think about this issue so deeply. Most of the time we just think, "eat less, exercise more, need more willpower". You have come to understand all of this so much more deeply than that.

You can do it. You will get healthy, you are already healthier than you used to be. The Lord will see you through this Tracy, we are ALL works in progress. Just not all of us realize it!

Please just keep hanging in there and know that I am always here for you sweetie.

Hi Tracy. I always so enjoy reading your journal posts because you really do dig below the surface and think about more than just the eat right, exercise mantra. We all put weight on over a long period of time and it is going to take a long time to take it off again (even if we just want it to melt away like an ice cube on hot concrete:rolleyes: ). You are right, we are all a work in progress....

Anna

HI Tracy! Just checking in w/ you. I hope things are looking up. Seems you have had a very busy weekend and things have been a bit hectic.

:wizard: for you for things to improve!!!

Stacie

Good morning friends,

This has been a very long week and the weekend looks to be much of the same. I can not believe how crazy our schedule will be through Tuesday. :eek: My DH told me that we can relax when we get to WDW. Uh no. That will not work for me. I can not keep up this schedule for the next 23 days. :sad2:

Ugh!:headache:

I have so much to do that I don't know where to start. I have work for my DH to do, bills to pay, homeschooling to do, cleaning to do, e.t.c. Add work, soccer, birthday parties, lunch dates, babysitting, getting ready for Florida, e.t.c. and I feel like me head will spin right off. UGH!:scared:

Today, my DH is working 2.5 hours from home. He comes home, goes to another job an hour away...In the meantime, I homeschool, we clean the house, we go to the store when my DH gets home and get my MIL something for her birthday, go to her birthday cookout where family drama is present, and come home for a few hours of sleep before it starts all over again.:rolleyes:

Tomorrow, we have DD7's first soccer game of the year, lunch with friends, a trip to Target, cleaning the carpets.

Sunday, we drop my DH's uncle off at the airport, my DH does baseball evaluations for a friend all day, we finish up paperwork, plan for the week ahead.

Monday, my DH is back out in PA and DD7 has soccer. I will be homeschooling the girls and trying to get the house clean.

Ugh!:headache:

I need to get workouts in to alleviate stress at some point. They may be FIRM workouts, 10 Minute Trainer workouts, Power 90 workouts, or just a simple walk. We'll see....

Sorry to be so negative today. :( It's gonna be a long weekend ahead.:guilty:

**************************************************************************************

Amy~ Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and support!:hug:

Anna~ It's good to "see" you, WISH sis!:hug: Will you be journaling again? We miss you around here!:grouphug:

Stacie~
Thank you!:hug:

Hang in there Tracy! You do have a really busy schedule, but just break it into little bits and work on one piece at a time. You can do it!! :grouphug:

What about going for a walk before the soccer game starts while the kids are warming up, etc?

I don't know if I will start journalling or not. I want to, but I am nervous about getting overwhelmed with stuff again. Life is busy as usual. Kids are in three different schools this year. Unfortunately, I've gained back all the weight I lost and then some :sad2: . I started exercising (Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover) and tracking my food on Sparkpeople at the beginning of the month and that is helping, but I have a long way to go.

Hang in there, Tracy! Hopefully the weekend is going a bit smoother than anticipated. Try to take a few minutes to breathe once in a while!!

Hugs!!!!!!:hug: Remember, we're all in this together!!

Thanks Anna and Julie!:hug:

Today looks to be a good day. My DH is taking the day off and we're going to just have a relaxing day ahead. The girls will do a few things for school and then we'll just play it by ear.

I hope everyone has a great day!:grouphug:

I don't know if I will start journalling or not. I want to, but I am nervous about getting overwhelmed with stuff again. Life is busy as usual. Kids are in three different schools this year. Unfortunately, I've gained back all the weight I lost and then some :sad2: . I started exercising (Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover) and tracking my food on Sparkpeople at the beginning of the month and that is helping, but I have a long way to go.

Hi Anna,

I understand what you mean about life being busy. I don't get here to journal as often as I would like to because of the busyness. Some days, there just isn't enough time. If you decide to start journaling again, we'll be there with bells and whistles on.:goodvibes If not, maybe you can pop into one of our journals and let us know how you are doing. :grouphug:

Great job getting back into exercising and tracking your food in Sparkpeople!!!:cheer2: Remember, take each day as it comes and celebrate your victories, no matter how large or how small. You CAN do it, Anna!:cheer2:

I hope you have a great week ahead, WISH sis!:hug:

Hi Tracy,

I am so glad your dh has the day off today, you have been beyond busy (like I need to tell you that ;) ). Your trip is so close, you must be so excited!

Take some time for yourself today, you have a lot going on but you are hanging in there and staying focused! That isn't easy so good for you.

:hug: :flower3:

Thanks Amy!:hug:

Yesterday was kind of a rough day here. My DH did take the day off, but the frustrations of the past two weeks kind of caught up with us both and at the same time. We had a loud disagreement yesterday. :( All is well today though.:thumbsup2

I watched my niece today and she did a great job.:goodvibes I may be babysitting her tomorrow....We're not sure yet. It works out well because I am able to help my SIL and I make a little extra money at the same time.:thumbsup2

Plan for the rest of the day:

* Finish homeschooling

* Finish laundry

* Disney planning?

* Olive Garden

* Workout

That's about all from here....Have a wonderful Wednesday!:grouphug:

Remember, take each day as it comes and celebrate your victories, no matter how large or how small. You CAN do it, Anna!:cheer2:

I hope you have a great week ahead, WISH sis!:hug:

It is the support of my wonderful WISH sisters that I have missed!:grouphug:

I'm glad you and DH were able to blow off some steam and then make up. Sometimes that helps. Have a wonderful weekend. Hopefully it won't be too busy:rotfl2: .

Thanks Anna.:hug:

Good morning friends,

I am so happy that we have a 3 day weekend ahead of us.....We have no real plans to speak of after today. My DH is deejaying tonight and my DD7 has a soccer game. Other than that and homeschooling, no plans unless relaxing is a plan. ;):laughing:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ahead!:hug:

Tracy, I hope you have a relaxing weekend, you deserve it! Must be something in the air, I had a rather loud disagreement with my dh recently too! I agree with Anna, sometimes its good to clear the air.

Take some time for you this weekend and have a wonderful one! Your trip is so close, you must be so excited!

Hi Tracy
So sorry to hear about DH's Grandma, i hope everyone is coping well.
It sounds like your finally getting a restful weekend!!! & a good job too!!!

Thanks Amy and Tracey.:grouphug:

We've had an interesting weekend here...DD7 got stung by a wasp on Friday and had an allergic reaction on Saturday. (Don't know why it took almost 24 hours.) Spent most of the day Saturday and Sunday having her ice the area. We gave her some Benadryl and some Lanacane to put on the area and today she seems to be doing better.:goodvibes As for me, I spent part of Saturday and all of Sunday on the couch with a major headache and tummy ache. I slept more than I have in months and I am just starting to feel better today. I'm glad we had a restful weekend planned. ;)

We have a very busy week ahead of us...DH is working a lot, the girls and I are homeschooling and babysitting my niece this week, and we have two birthday parties to attend this weekend. Whew!

Plans for today? Going to a local farmer's market for produce, a stop at Target for WDW surprises, stop at a dollar store, and stop at Walmart. Then, home to relax and get our WDW to do list ready.

Hope everyone has a great Monday! :grouphug: Our thoughts and prayers go out to anyone affected by Hurricane Gustav.:grouphug:

Tracy,

I am so sorry dd got stung by the wasp, ouch! Glad she is better. Also glad you were able to rest and sleep to get over your tummy and head woes. Your trip is under two weeks away! I am getting super excited for you. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead, hang in there and don't forget to take time for you!

oh dear Tracy - i hope you & your DD7 are both feeling better now!!!
Have a great week :)

Thanks ladies.:hug:

Today has been a good, but tiring day. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night so it made things a bit challenging today.

We are slowly, but surely making a dent in my WDW to do list. My girls are packed and ready to go; my DH and I...not so much. Something to work on this weekend. I do have a question though... Why is it that I have to have the house super clean before we go on vacation and the rest of the year I can get by with just so-so? :confused3 I'm not going to be home to enjoy the cleanliness and I guarantee you that within 24 hours of arriving home, the house will be a mess again.:rolleyes: So, why do I make such a big deal about it? :confused3 I don't get it.:confused: Maybe I'll "rebel" before one of these trips and not clean it. ;) (But not this one!:lmao: )

Accomplished Today:

* Homeschooling

* babysitting

* Finished DD7's room

* Work for DH

* Read a book

* Worked out

Plans for tomorrow:

* Work with DH

* Homeschooling

That's about all from here.... Before we leave for WDW, I will weigh myself and check measurements. I've been exercising occasionally and eating pretty well so we'll see if I have made any progress without focusing on it.

Have a great evening!:grouphug:

Good morning friends,

Only 8 more days until we leave for WDW!:banana: We're going to be packing and shopping for WDW today. I can't wait!!!:yay:

Not much else going on here today.... We have a super busy day ahead of us tomorrow. Soccer and two birthday parties. Sunday looks to be a bit more relaxing and then we have a busy week ahead.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead!:grouphug:

Hi Tracy, I am the same way as you, the house has to be spotless beofre I go out of town! At least you will get some activity in while you clean and pack right? 8 Days is so close! I remember when this trip seemed so far off and now its here. :goodvibes

I am betting those measurements will show some good news. Enjoy your busy weekend, its fall here, I will try to send some of that cool, crisp weather out your way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter