Too Old for Disney?

pygmymom

Mouseketeer
My DH, 50, claims he's now too old to ride the thrill rides at Disney. After our last trip in July, he "really felt it" after a couple of times in a row on Big Thunder and I think he only rode RNRC one time. Also, after looking around at the other people standing in line, he seemed to think he was the oldest person there.

So, I'm looking for some feedback from people in the same age group or above--what's been your experience?

Well I am rounding the corner on 33 so I am not the one to convice your DH. My mom however is coming with us on our trip in Oct. She is 54 and loves it! She is more daring than I am. My grandmother is 76 and would go any time we do. We took her 2 years ago and she had a blast. She did RNRC,TOT and SM. No problems.
I think you are only as old as you feel and I still feel 21. I will be going to Disney as long as the good Lord let's me. Tell DH he is lucky to have the means and the health to get there and should take the time to enjoy both!
I hope that helps!;)

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Man..........tell him 55 ain't too old to have fun.....................

My DFIL is 66 and still can't "stand on the sidelines"..........he's right behind us in line for RNR, TOT, BTMRR, Splash, etc, etc, etc.................

I say, if you are free from physical ailments...........YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD....................

Good Luck getting him back in the Magic.......

BTW, well said, Sam...........

I am 52 and use a wheelchair husband is 54 as of yesterday we are going in May and look forward to Big THunder and splash mountain, star tours at MGM etc. maybe he should look around more at the 80 year olds in line.

My Mom is in her 60s and loves Tot and ROR . She loves Disney. Now my Father is the opposite. I think he was to old for Disney in his twenites. It really depend on the person and their 'fun factor'
If you love to have fun then you will never be 'too old' for Disney.

I'm 53 and my kids, pictured below, struggle to keep up with me and my wife. Three weeks ago I took the extended family to WDW for a week and I got my 78 yr. old mother to go on the Tower of Terror and Splash Mtn. Maybe it's genetic.

Bill From PA

My parents are in their 90's and still ride everything including ToT. It is one of their favorites!

One never physically gets too old for Disney but some people are just never mentally young enough! I am thankful to have Peter Pan Syndrome as I refuse to ever get too mentally old! ::yes::

I'll be 54 this June and I ride 99% of the thrill rides. I will pass up rides that downright frighten me for one reason or another. But rides like RNRC, TOT, etc. I absolutely love!! ::yes::

I still do all the rides, but have to admit that as I edge into my early 50s Space Mountain shakes me up a bit, it seems to get rougher every year. Other rides not a problem at this point.

Phrank

I will be 70 this year and in Mar. I rode Space Mountain for the first time. Really numbers (age) dont mean a thing. Some people are old at 30 and some never grow old.

We're planning our first trip this summer to WDW and I think my husband and myself are more excited then our 3 children!! My DH will be 46 this year and he'll be the first in line to ride all the thrill rides when we get there. Tell your husband when he's standing in line and thinks he's the oldest around...just remind he how much more experience he has with all the thrill rides so when those "young 'ens" are standing there in line nerviously...he can mess with there minds even more:jumping1:

I really think it has more to do with what you enjoy (and of course how your health is) than your age, per se. My 80 father loves Disney - he doesn't do any rides that have drops, but that has nothing to do with age - it has to do with him hating drops! (He has never, ever been on a roller coaster). I'm 53 and love everything - though I have not yet been on Misson Space - except for RnR. That gives me a headache (right at the beginning), so I don't hold out much hope for Misson Space. I would never do most of the rides at IOA, but not because of age - I have just never liked roller coasters (the Disney mountains are fine).

I used to love all coasters and thrill rides...actually I still do enjoy them but over the past 10 years I have started getting motion sickness on them to the point where I hardly ride them anymore. I am going on 48.
I can do drop or launch towers but after going up and down a few times on ToT I start getting sick. Still ride it everytime though. RnR gets me pretty sick. I can do the Matterhorn at Disneyland and will until I can absolutely not handle it.

I am 52 and I ride just about everything, including the Incredible Hulk and Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure. I was at WDW last summer with my 85 year old aunt and she rode Test Track (and many other rides, as well). IMHO it is not age that counts, it's the attitude!!!

There are times when I think to myself, "I'm getting too old for this", but then it is so much fun, I have to do it again!!!

I hope I never stop wanting to ride the thrill rides.

I'm 51 and love thrill rides. DH is 55 and isn't fond of them, SM gives him motion sickness. But he LOVES WDW maybe even more than me! NEVER too old for Disney. Maybe too old for thrill rides, but there's so much more to WDW than those. In fact, we're taking my parents this September, in celebration of their 80th birthdays this year! They love WDW too, had Florida resident passes until just 2 years ago.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo I agree with most of the other posters, you are never too old for Disney. My husband & I are 48 & 45 & we both just love going to Disney & we both ride 99% of the rides. I plan to continue going & riding the rides as long as the good Lord lets me. Last year we were in line for Splash Mountain & the lady we were talking to in front of us was 76. Just goes to show you that age is a state of mind.

I'm 51 & DW is 50. We love WDW & can't imagine ever outgrowing it. Because of some motion sickness & back problems I can't ride every ride. I've never done TOT, RnR or Dinasaur!--and no longer even attempt the simulator rides. DW rides everything with no problems! I often will grab a fastpass for her at one attraction while she rides the other. I love to sit with a snack or cup of coffee & people watch while waiting.

I will never be too old.

At 54 and 1/2, I can ride everything. Now do I want to ride everything??? TOT still scares me, and I never did ride Alien.

My goal is to ride Dinosaur with my eyes open thru the whole trip. ......

Only things that will stop me from going to WDW is money and death. :earseek:

See ya there

Susan

Originally posted by KittyKitty

Only things that will stop me from going to WDW is money and death.

Me too... but then again money never stopped me so I doubt death would too but thats a whole other thread if I remember ! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter