No longer need wheelchair room and the price is going up $300?

Technically, I don't think it matters if there's another room in your current category. If the price today is higher than it was when you booked, policy is you pay the difference, even if moving to a new room in the same category. Of course you could get pixie dusted/supervisory override, but that would be the exception. Same thing moving to a lower category-you're still subject to the fare as it is the day you want to make the change.
You should be able to switch rooms within the same category at any point in time with no repricing.

What is that you don’t like about a HA room? The shower and wet floors? That’s my least favorite part, but with my dad it’s been so helpful. I’ve now learned how to stand where the water is going toward the corner of the shower away from the sink and toilet. My mom on the other hand… sometimes I’m lucky just to get the curtain used by her!
My main issue would be having one large bathroom and not a split bath.

I mean I have done this many times. Not sure if it's a written policy or not as I've never had reason to check.
I don't recall exactly when it changed, but prior to sometime in 2022, if you wanted to change categories on a reservation, you were locked into what the prices were for the different categories on the date you actually booked the cruise.

Then DCL changed it. Now, if you want to change categories, you pay what the prevailing price is on the date you make the change.

I don't recall exactly when it changed, but prior to sometime in 2022, if you wanted to change categories on a reservation, you were locked into what the prices were for the different categories on the date you actually booked the cruise.

Then DCL changed it. Now, if you want to change categories, you pay what the prevailing price is on the date you make the change.
My post was about changing rooms within the same category for no change in price.

I did this in May 2023 for a Dec 2023 cruise. Moved directly across on the same floor from Port to Starboard.

You should be able to switch rooms within the same category at any point in time with no repricing.
This is my experience as well - if you are going from say, a 9A and just want to swap rooms to another 9A then there isn’t a price increase (even if the room price has increased.)

So far my PIF room is due on Sunday, June 2. I’m on the phone now with them and they are trying to remove the additional $30 charges for the changes. Wish me luck. I’m on hold.

Well got a much better result. Both the person that answered the call and the supervisor were super thankful that I was willing to do the right thing and said thank you for helping a larger family have space that I didn’t need any longer. They set us up on the same deck and same side with the bump out veranda. That was all I ever wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter