Too Old for Disney?

Just got back two weeks ago....Went alone and rode absolutely everything. I'll be 56 in July.

I get downright insulted when someone thinks I am to old to ride the good ones. John Glenn rode the shuttle when he was in his late 70's. It's all mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Honestly, some of the thrill rides just don't appeal to me. However, I didn't like them 30 years ago, so now that I'm 49 I don't think it's old age. I was a chicken from the time I was much younger:o

I'm almost 55 and I love the thrill rides at Disney and Islands of Adventure, especially.

If the rides make him uncomfortable, though, then perhaps he should ride them?

Not too old, yet. I am 55 and dh is 70. When we get too old we hope to drop in our tracks, if possible, on the beach at the Poly watching the EWP.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

Hey, my mom is 71, and when we went in Nov 02, she came on Splash, BTMRR, and Star Tours with me, just refused to go on Space, RnRC and TOT with me, and oh yeah, she braved Dinosaur, the pic we bought of us is HILARIOUS!!!

Jules

I'm 57, DH is 59 and we love WDW! RNRC is one of my favorites. I've never loved Splash Mountain at any age...can't stand that fall over the edge. Our next trip is coming up soon...yippee!

IVE SEEN SO MANY OLDER PEOPLE ON RIDES, HE HAS NOTHING TO OWRRY ABOUT, HE IS A KID AT HEART, AND THAT IS WHAT WDW IS ABOUT!:earsboy: ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thank you so much for all your replies, I love the philosophy I've found in this thread! My DH is still skeptical, he still claims he was the oldest person he saw there, but during the summer months the younger families with elementary school kids are there, so that could be part of it. I think he's a little overwhelmed I've raised three Disney fanatics. Every time he tries to steer them to another vacation spot, it's "No Dad, let's go to Disney!"

And of course, there's no question of where I want to go! The great irony of it is HE started my obsession. He took me to MK when we were engaged, and when I looked at going to California for my 40th b-day, he suggested WDW instead. And from there, it grew!

You're all right, you're only as old as you feel. Although he did seem to perk up when he saw the Bucs cheerleaders at Wide World of Sports.....:crazy:

I'm 63 and my husband is 76. On a recent trip (where we focused on Epcot and MK) we rode Test Track, Mission Space and Splash Mountain. On a more recent trip with my grandchildren, I rode everything but TOT (will do next time) and discovered my new favorite ride of all - RRC. We were Splash Mountain junkies and rode 5 times. Got the greatest photo of all time with me and my 9 year old grandson in the front seat with our arms up in the air. I love the post where someone's 90 year old parents still ride stuff - gives me great hope for the future.

Wait, I'm confused. He thinks he's too old for the thrill rides because they're affecting him more physically now, or he thinks he's too old for the whole Disney scene because he sees a bunch of kids in the parks?

My dad is in his mid fifties and will do any thrill ride. He's usually the one to drag me on everything (I like it all, but I get nervous in line!) and he wants to plan a road trip of parks that ends at Cedar Point! On the other hand, I think he feels pretty stupid sitting in the It's a Small World boat. Then again, he's also the one singing in the Pirates line. Who knows. In the end, it's about how you feel, not about who's around you...although I'm not sure how your husband is missing all of the dads hanging out at the parks! :D

Petula, I get nervous standing in line, too, although I love just about everything! The one thing I won't do anymore are the "evil" tea cups.

Actually, my DH thinks he's "too old" on both counts--the physical and his perception of the general age of the people around him. I've tried to tell him there's no age limit for loving and going to Disney, and I've had plenty of wonderful people on this thread back me up!

I think he's going along on the next trip just so I don't beat him in our contest of how many states each of us has been in, since we're driving from Minnesota, I could gain a lot of ground. :tongue:

I'm 57, turning 58 in May. Between taking our neice, Sarah, to Disney last summer, and a spur of the moment trip for my wife and myself that we just returned from Wed.; I've been on Tower of Terror. Rocking Rollar Coaster, Space Mountain. Splash Mountain, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Test Track, and Mission Space. Guess what -- I survived them all! So I say to you, forget the age -- JUST DO IT!

By the way Mission Space has got to be the most amazing ride I have ever been on. The blast off is so real. But then when we floated out of our seats against our harnesses -- real weightlessness -- I was just blown away. Don't miss it whatever you do.

Kali River Rapids is also a ball. Great on a hot day. If you can't decide if you want to swim or go to the park, you can do both at once!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

LOL. No way! We took ourselves, my SIL and my MIL and FIL - 59 and 61 on ToT. They loved it. The only ones who wouldn't go were my kids and my 29 year old BIL. LOL We left him with the kids! My in laws loved Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter