But when DS goes to his MDE account and tries to link his ticket, its won't let him because "this ticket is already linked to another account".
You need to link his profile in your MDE account with his profile in his MDE account. You should be able to do it in MDE but if you can’t it’s a simple fix by calling.

@Simba's Mom, as lanejudy says, the profiles in his MDE need to be linked to their profiles in your MDE. When he looks at My Tickets and Passes in his MDE, if he doesn’t see his family’s tickets, then you need to go through the Add a Guest process in your MDE to link the two sets. Calling Disney IT at (407) 939-4357 might be easiest.

Thanks-DS and his family got to WDW today, and since he has a copy of the confirmation info of the tickets, he said he'd go to guest services outside Epcot today and hopefully get it straightened out.

Thanks-DS and his family got to WDW today, and since he has a copy of the confirmation info of the tickets, he said he'd go to guest services outside Epcot today and hopefully get it straightened out.
Here’s hoping all went well today!

UGH!! I messed up. Apparently I have two different disney accounts. I was linking my parents and 12 year old nieces tickets (purchased through Undercover Tourist) and for the 12 year old I was logged into the wrong account and now her tickets are in my other account. I really don't know why I ever made two different Disney Accounts. There are a total of 7 of us going, and hers are the only ones in that account. If we get Lightening Lane, I wont be able to include her. Will Disney fix this? I'm so annoyed at myself. She's been to Disney with us before, so I should have known when I logged in that the fact that her name was not in my drop down list was an issue. So I added her name and linked the tickets. Is this making sense? Thanks!!

UGH!! I messed up. Apparently I have two different disney accounts. I was linking my parents and 12 year old nieces tickets (purchased through Undercover Tourist) and for the 12 year old I was logged into the wrong account and now her tickets are in my other account. I really don't know why I ever made two different Disney Accounts. There are a total of 7 of us going, and hers are the only ones in that account. If we get Lightening Lane, I wont be able to include her. Will Disney fix this? I'm so annoyed at myself. She's been to Disney with us before, so I should have known when I logged in that the fact that her name was not in my drop down list was an issue. So I added her name and linked the tickets. Is this making sense? Thanks!!
No worries! Call Disney Website Support at (407) 939-4357 and they’ll be happy to help. I duplicated myself once, and they didn’t even scold me!

I would like to purchase a Florida resident AP as a surprise Christmas gift for a family member that resides in Florida. Can this be done without their knowledge before hand?

I know asked a bajillion times ,,but walk me through! My DH and I have annual passes. My son in law is buying 1 week hoppers for himself and his wife my daughter through undercover tourist. He does not have an MDE account, and has been with us before as friends and family on my account.

Should I have him forward me the email,with the tickets and assign them to him and my daughter in my account? Or??

I know asked a bajillion times ,,but walk me through! My DH and I have annual passes. My son in law is buying 1 week hoppers for himself and his wife my daughter through undercover tourist. He does not have an MDE account, and has been with us before as friends and family on my account.

Should I have him forward me the email,with the tickets and assign them to him and my daughter in my account? Or??
If he will not have his own MDE account, yes, that would be necessary. I am assuming that they’d be traveling with you and will be linked to your resort reservation (if staying onsite) and ADRs. And if you expect to use LLMP, VQ, etc. their tickets will need to be linked to their profiles in your MDE in order to buy and book those.

Edited - on further thought, IF you won’t be using LLMP or VQ, their tickets don’t need to be linked to their profiles in MDE - they can simply get ticket cards at the gate of the first park they enter. But if they’ll be using MBs that are linked to their profiles in your MDE, or if they’ll be staying at a Disney resort and want their room key and park tickets to be on one card (Key to the World card) then the tickets need to be linked to those profiles in MDE.

Last edited:
If he will not have his own MDE account, yes, that would be necessary. I am assuming that they’d be traveling with you and will be linked to your resort reservation (if staying onsite) and ADRs. And if you expect to use LLMP, VQ, etc. their tickets will need to be linked to their profiles in your MDE in order to buy and book those.

Edited - on further thought, IF you won’t be using LLMP or VQ, their tickets don’t need to be linked to their profiles in MDE - they can simply get ticket cards at the gate of the first park they enter. But if they’ll be using MBs that are linked to their profiles in your MDE, or if they’ll be staying at a Disney resort and want their room key and park tickets to be on one card (Key to the World card) then the tickets need to be linked to those profiles in MDE.
We are all staying together at the vistana, with MBs. We have a couple of parties, and I'll be buying the LLMPs. He and my daughter are authorized on my mde. I've never had us on APs and them buying their own tickets before!

Should I have him forward me the email,with the tickets and assign them to him and my daughter in my account?
The tickets need to be added to someone's MDE. So if they don't have their own MDE account, then yes, he should share the ticket info with you so you can add their tickets to their profiles in your account. They then have a choice of using a MagicBand (either a new one or one from a previous visit) or their phone or getting a hard plastic ticket at the gate.

IF you won’t be using LLMP or VQ, their tickets don’t need to be linked to their profiles in MDE - they can simply get ticket cards at the gate of the first park they enter
FYI...hard plastic ticket media accesses the MDE account, same as a MagicBand. But yes, they can get hard plastic tickets at the gate if they don't have MBs and/or don't want to use their phones.

FYI...hard plastic ticket media accesses the MDE account, same as a MagicBand.
Thanks - I hadn’t thought about that, and so now I have a question. If someone shows up at GR or the park gate with a ticket confirmation from an authorized reseller (UT, for instance) and no pre-existing MDE account, does the CM create an MDE account then and there, to link the tickets to? Just trying to understand the process more completely. Thanks for all your assistance, @lanejudy, on this and many other topics!

does the CM create an MDE account then and there, to link the tickets to?
At a ticket window the CM will walk a guest through creating an MDE account (the CM does not actually create the account). If the guest tried to go directly to the turnstiles they would be re-directed to Guest Relations or a ticket window where they would be assisted in creating an MDE account.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest