ticket budget help

BethanyMouse

Mouseketeer
forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. longtime lurker here looking for some disney advice. my family is heading to wdw for 10 days, renting points this august at the contemporary. it will be me, my husband, 5 year old and 1 year old, plus my parents.

we are able to get tix discounted through njea, his teachers union. this would bring just my family (3 of us) to about 1450 for tix. my parents would pay separate.

we have quite a bit of dining planned. including expensive locations such as hoop de doo, royal table, ohana breakfast, and narcoossee.

my question is- would it be more cost effective to buy one ap ticket to use dining and merch discounts?

if so, how does the ap discount work for food? do i need to pay the entire bill on my card or can we still split a bill but all get ap discount.

i should mention it is likely we will return the following summer for a trip but not definite.

thank you so much for any suggestions and help you can offer!!!

I'm not sure about splitting the bill and getting AP discount on all of it, but you can definitely make good use of the AP discount on anything you are buying in the park - not just sit down meals but snacks, drinks, merchandise too! When we were there in Sept my friend had an AP card, every time one of us wanted to buy something she would swoop in, show her AP card and her ID, and then I'd pay for what I wanted.

Don't forget that you also get free Memory Maker with an AP, so include the $169 value of that in your cost analysis.

Technically the AP holder has to be the one paying the bill but once in a while you'll get a server who is willing to allow splitting it.

If you don't want to put everything on your card if you're the AP holder since you're staying on site you could charge to your room and then figure out who owes what later.

forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. longtime lurker here looking for some disney advice. my family is heading to wdw for 10 days, renting points this august at the contemporary. it will be me, my husband, 5 year old and 1 year old, plus my parents.

we are able to get tix discounted through njea, his teachers union. this would bring just my family (3 of us) to about 1450 for tix. my parents would pay separate.

we have quite a bit of dining planned. including expensive locations such as hoop de doo, royal table, ohana breakfast, and narcoossee.

my question is- would it be more cost effective to buy one ap ticket to use dining and merch discounts?

if so, how does the ap discount work for food? do i need to pay the entire bill on my card or can we still split a bill but all get ap discount.

i should mention it is likely we will return the following summer for a trip but not definite.

thank you so much for any suggestions and help you can offer!!!
Check to see what kind of discounts are available at the restaurants you're considering. Venues like CRT and Hoo Dee Doo charge you when you make the reservation and will refund the difference when presented with a valid AP and ID. The discount at most restaurants that offer any discount is 10% for AP holders and doesn't cover alcoholic beverages. Sometimes, as in the case of BOG, the discount is only applicable during certain dining hours.

If you have a Disney Visa, a lot of the AP discounts overlap with those being offered by the Visa. So, weigh the benefits carefully. I like to refer to Mouseperks.com to compare discounts and to see if the restaurants I've chosen accept anything I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!