Three Things...Gratitude Thread

EEEEE

Energy -- whether it's heating water, lighting things up, making things run ...or propelling me!

Essential Oils -- a longtime fan

E.T. -- such a classic movie and I love the music.

Eggs -- enable so much in the way of cooking and, especially, baking.

My Eyes and Ears -- enable so much! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Last edited:
My DH’s name starts with E and he taught my DGD to call him E when she was a baby. I love to hear her call to him, “Eeeeee” even as she gets older.

E-reader app on my phone and iPad. As much as I also love to physically hold a book, I love to read on my phone and iPad and be able to instantly look up a word or translate something.

Eggs with cheese: well, eating them, not cooking them!

--->
Another for Eggs - We go through a lot of them here!

Learning how to Entertain Ourselves as kids. - I'm grateful I grew up before portable screens.

DH's grandmother, whose name started with E. - I'm glad I got to know her before she passed, and that DS did when he was little as well.

Last edited:
Good Morning!

We love cheese in this house - my DD20 is like a mouse 🐭

#1 - Stuffed Pizza - With living close to Chicago, this is a pizza we have somewhat often.

#2 - String Cheese - My favorite snack to tide me over until we eat the next meal. I always have some at home and it always goes in the cooler for day trips.

#3 - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - We all love them! Tomato soup & grilled cheese dinner night is a family favorite.

Cheese Sauce !!! I put it on a lot of things - eggs / nachos / baked potato

Mac & cheese ❤️

Anything stuffed with cheese - I will eat just about anything stuffed with cheese !!

Charcuterie board - absolutely love cheese & fruit !! Add a bit of honey and I’ll grab a glass of milk and I’ve got a meal !!!

Plain cheese lady here but definitely appreciate Kraft singles and plain cream cheese. Dad likes most all cheese. I am romantic at heart and do enjoy some Hallmark movies. Of course I am a fan of ::MickeyMo::MinnieMotwo cheese enjoying characters we all enjoy! A favorite cheese memory is of my beloved late grandma. Grandma had a small size note pad that had an image of a chunk of yellow cheese on it. The text printed on each sheet said, "A Note from the Big Cheese." I have (I am pretty sure) one such note in one of my scrapbooks :)

Before I get into food gratitude...

1. I love a good cheesy joke or saying. I'll give you guys this one for the day. I remember the first time I saw it...I full on belly laughed for a good minute and and giggled about it throughout the day. DH was amused, but thought the bigger humor was how much I was entertained by the cheesiness. I have had the screen shot of this up to my right as I'm typing and I keep snickering every time I look at it and think about it...and this isn't even one of the funniest ones...just one of the cleaner things.
1717509307376.png

2. CHEESE- I love cheese. Period. I love some cheeses more than others, and of the "cheese products" I'm not a huge fan of Velveeta, but I would eat cheese all day every day if I could. I could make my own separate list just ranking my favorite cheeses...and that would surely change, because some days I'm feeling one kind of cheese more than another. My husband was talking the other day about a shrimp and chicken salad that he makes that involves feta and fresh mozz. I love the salad, but I really just want the cheese. He already bought the feta and I'm doing everything in my power not to open it and eat it by the spoonful. I'm able to get my mind off of it by thinking of other cheeses I like even more, but then I'm reminded that I don't have any of them at home right now. I resorted to some sliced provolone last night after pushing the feta idea out of my mind.
3. Cheesy Dishes - Mac & Cheese is the big one. I'm not a big fan when people go fancy with it, but I love some good mac. My own personal mac & cheese is a crowd favorite. It's been a staple at work potlucks and competitions. I felt bad when DD15 tried to duplicate if for a school event and it fell short. She's learning. Still, it's one of many cheesy dishes/items that I love. Good NY style pizza, spanikopita, queso flameado, cheese enchiladas, quesadillas, quiche, raclette (which technically could be part of 2 but I like to combine it with things), grilled cheese, a cheeseburger with extra cheese, my loaded baked potato salad, cheese and crackers...OK...I could go on and on but you get the idea.

Not sure how many of you remember this, but this is now what's playing in my head...

Cheese... how do I narrow it down? I pretty much live on cheese, or cheese and crackers. I had bariatric surgery 7 years ago and since then, cheese has become my go-to for a snack on the run or when i need something full of protein to off-set a meatless meal.

1. My all-time, ultimate favorite food is macaroni and cheese. My own homemade is my favorite, but I'll happily eat any and all of them: Noodle Roni Shells and Cheese, Kraft dinner with the powdered cheese (and most of the store brands, other brand names like Cabot, etc), Velveeta and other kinds with the sauce packets, frozen (Stouffer's is a standby but I'll also eat Lean Cuisine and such). I've even been known to eat canned mac and cheese, although admittedly, it is NOT a favorite. Only box-brand I don't like is Annie's, for some reason.

2. Baked brie/Camembert. I make it with the top rind removed, a savory-sweet jam spread on top (sour cherry, fig, red pepper), wrapped in pastry, and baked. I could eat this with a spoon, but I restrain myself and use crackers!

3. Pizza! Preferably double cheese (with canned mushrooms or bacon or sweet sausage) but I also love ricotta and/or fresh mozzarella on my pizza.

Honorable mentions...
DD had been experimenting with making fresh mozzarella at home and is getting pretty good at it. YAY- for fresh mozz, yay for many trial runs of cheese making that need to be taste-tested or consumed!

Also, I have to tip my hat to good ol' American cheese. Can't stand the wrapped kind, so I buy it freshly sliced at the deli. While i love other cheeses on burgers, omelets, and grilled cheese sandwiches, my first choice is American. It's what I grew up with as a kid in the 50s and 60s, and is my go-to when it's time for comfort food.

Cheesy Things 🧀🍕

Cream cheese on a bagel

Macaroni cheese (I had it recently with a whole pile of garlic roasted veg, which was delicious. I find the veg really cuts the richness.)

A really nice grilled cheese (because it's delicious, but also so quick and easy to prepare)

I also like some cheesy TV! :happytv:

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest