The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree- this is why we will probably won't ever stay on WDW property again. We loved it so much that we bought two deeds off of ebay. We LOVE it there!! :lovestruc .

How did you know how many points to buy? Does it work out better for you financially instead of renting?

If Bonnet Creek is the *only* Wyndham property you are interested in, and you typically do not travel during super-peak weeks (Christmas, Easter, President's, some Spring Break weeks, etc.), it's probably cheaper to rent from an owner with Plat VIP status. The resort is so large that only the major holiday weeks seem to be booked before the 60-day discount period kicks in, and Orlando has such a glut of vacation rental properties that that helps to keep rental prices down.

But, Wyndham (purchased resale) is a great value if you have interests in other Wyn resorts. So far we've stayed at three or four of them, and have enjoyed them all. And, I do use my points to book BC from time to time, even though renting is actually a little less expensive---booking internally is much easier and more convenient than dealing with a rental. Owning also means you *know* you can stay there---Wyndham is likely to continue to tweak the program rules to make commercial renting more difficult, and that will tend to raise rental prices/restrict availability.

As a concrete example, a "typical" owner with fees right around $5.25/K would spend about $1175 booking a peak-season 2BR week with no discount. That's still a fair price---less than a Moderate Disney room---but you can often rent for less---either from owners renting at a loss, or those who get discounts booking the room on short notice. On the other hand, you can also sometimes find deeds with lower fees: mine is about $3.80/K, but it's not quite enough points for a peak-season 2BR every year, so we supplement with other timeshare assets from time to time and either exchange in or stay somewhere else.

We were in Tower 5 and had the same situation. I didn't like the parking garage
In the summer, the parking garage is gold---you can park your car in the shade. I *love* being on that side of the resort.

In hindsight, don't you think they should of made that parking garage underground?? I feel sorry for people who get tower #5 and a low floor--all you look at is the parking garage. I think they would of been smart doing that and used that space where the garage sits for more parking!

Another thing on Wyndham points...do not EVER by direct from the resort. Their points sell for literally pennies on the dollar.

My mil made this mistake last year and bought when she was out in Vegas. She paid well over $20,000 for something she could have had for like literally $2,000. It killed me not to tell her that because she didn't tell us she had bought there until after her recision period was up. Would have served no purpose, but I feel terrible that she really did get "taken" in that sense. At least she is enjoying using her timeshare points. I guess sometimes "ignorance is bliss".

Has anyone used their shuttle? I know... I know everyone says that having a car makes the most sense, but we would REALLY like a shuttle. We have 4 small kids and it saves sanity.

Anyone? I have looked into this resort in the past and am interested, but we keep ending up staying onsite.

Thanks!

They do have a shuttle, but I don't think it is continuous. It may run hourly? Not positive, but last time we were there we met people who used it and said it was fine. I'm sure someone else will have more info for you.

How did you know how many points to buy? Does it work out better for you financially instead of renting?

I would really like to know who you called to rent? We are going next Dec and we always stay onsite too but if I could get a room like that for about what I pay for POR, I would do it in a heart beat.

If Bonnet Creek is the *only* Wyndham property you are interested in, and you typically do not travel during super-peak weeks (Christmas, Easter, President's, some Spring Break weeks, etc.), it's probably cheaper to rent from an owner with Plat VIP status. The resort is so large that only the major holiday weeks seem to be booked before the 60-day discount period kicks in, and Orlando has such a glut of vacation rental properties that that helps to keep rental prices down.

That was the decision I came to after looking into it. My trip there was actually during a peak week (arrived on Christmas Day), and I was still able to get it on ebay for about $90 a night for a 2BR (Christmas 2008).

In the summer, the parking garage is gold---you can park your car in the shade. I *love* being on that side of the resort.

That's a very good point. I also saw some cars parked in there on the higher uncrowded floors (still undercover) that used two space to protect their car. There was a Lamborghini and another very expensive less common sports car that I can't remember what it was. One of them had a Tampa Bay Buccaneers emblem on it (I wondered if it might be someone associated with the team). DD took pictures of both of them! :rotfl2:

We had the her as well last Feb, she was awesome, my kids always got a kick out of her! I wish so much we were going back in March, but we couldn't get as good a deal as last year, being it is March Break.We also rented through Ken Price. This year we are staying at Cypress Pointe Resort, (we couldn't beat the deal, $765 for 11 nights. I am sure it won't be as nice as Bonnet Creek, but had to sacrifice something, because we were supposed to wait til next year to go. I will just not try to think of it, when I drive by Bonnet Creek while weeping in my crying towel!!LOL

If you are at Cypress Pointe Resort and not Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, you may find the units are actually better than BC. Not as many onsite features but everything you need along with the ability to walk to virtually any service (restaurant, store, etc) not available at BC or many other Orlando resorts. And access to Disney is 3/4 mile away - closer than BC to the nearest park! BC is beautiful, well located but isolated. CPR is beautiful, surrounded by a well planned community and superbly maintained. You may find you enjoy it more than even BC. In any case have a great vacation!

Grande Villas have the same location and shared features but the units are quite dated compared to BC/CPR. They plan to renovate them soon but right now they are from the 90's in age and late 80's in design.

I stayed here back in Oct 2007(inlaws have timeshare, work for company) stayed in 3 bedroom even nicer than the pics posted in this thread. Down comforters, falt panel tvs.

neways the transportation sucked!!! times are infrequest, shuttle is small. Leaving MK one day left me with a bad taste. It toook over 3 hours to get to the hotel! I was gonna take a cab home and would've had I know. the shuttle showed up to TTC to pick us up after they picked up epcot. Needless to say horrible experience. We used rental cars for most of the trip.

I would really like to know who you called to rent? We are going next Dec and we always stay onsite too but if I could get a room like that for about what I pay for POR, I would do it in a heart beat.

We rented in July and again for this April from Ken Price from vacationupgrades.com. We were able to get a 2/2 condo for $840 both times. Because April is value season, he said there is a chance he can get it for $630 a week but won't know for sure til <60 days out. But even at $840 it's a great deal. You may could get a moderate for that price if you find a code, but it's only one room. That's our biggest concern - DD needs her own room, but I'm not willing to sacrifice location. And it's so close to the parks, closer than most moderates and values!

We rented in July and again for this April from Ken Price from vacationupgrades.com. We were able to get a 2/2 condo for $840 both times. Because April is value season, he said there is a chance he can get it for $630 a week but won't know for sure til <60 days out. But even at $840 it's a great deal. You may could get a moderate for that price if you find a code, but it's only one room. That's our biggest concern - DD needs her own room, but I'm not willing to sacrifice location. And it's so close to the parks, closer than most moderates and values!

Thank you so much. I am going to check into it today to see what they say. We normally do the dining plan but we had talked about skipping it this next time anyway so it would work out fine. We normally drive to the parks anyway too, so that wont matter either. It would be so nice to have the extra room. :)

I just looked at it and it looks amazing. I could not find any pictures or floor plans of the rooms though, but for that price & after seeing yours, this just might be the best bet for us.

One question. If you should have to cancel your trip, do you know what the cost would be?

If you are at Cypress Pointe Resort and not Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, you may find the units are actually better than BC. Not as many onsite features but everything you need along with the ability to walk to virtually any service (restaurant, store, etc) not available at BC or many other Orlando resorts. And access to Disney is 3/4 mile away - closer than BC to the nearest park! BC is beautiful, well located but isolated. CPR is beautiful, surrounded by a well planned community and superbly maintained. You may find you enjoy it more than even BC. In any case have a great vacation!

Grande Villas have the same location and shared features but the units are quite dated compared to BC/CPR. They plan to renovate them soon but right now they are from the 90's in age and late 80's in design.

We have booked a 3 bdrm lockoff at Cypress Point Resort, I have asked for ground floor pool side(Is that a good one to pick?). I hope so, regardless, if the weather co-operates, and the everything is good at the resort, I am ok with that. You made me feel much better though. I have 2 girls 8 & 9, they loved Bonnet Creek, but we did do a drive through of CPR and do really like it is location. Especially when we are so close to Downtown Disney, and Goofy's Candy Company, rice krispie, with white,dark & milk choc, with caramel drizzle!!

I could not find any pictures or floor plans of the rooms though, but for that price & after seeing yours, this just might be the best bet for us.

One question. If you should have to cancel your trip, do you know what the cost would be?

Here are the resort maps. The first one is old and not all buildings are shown. They used to call the buildings by numbers, and now they are by names. The second one is more accurate. Building 1 is Torre de la Tierra and that is where we stayed both times. Also, they had no completed the buildings or pools on the far right side of the complex. I don't know their estimated date of completion. Anyone?

57686.jpg

BC%20Resort%20Map.gif

According to Ken's rental agreement, if you cancel at least 20 days out, you get your money back minus $99. If you cancel closer to your trip, you forfeit your entire rental amount.

I'm making this thread more of an official BC thread. So if you have pictures you would like to add, room recommendations, tips, tricks, information of any sort, please post it. I'll add post numbers to the first post as needed.

I went to their website to check out availability in late August/early Sept. and it's showing it blocked off or booked. Is that possible or are they doing renovations?

I went to their website to check out availability in late August/early Sept. and it's showing it blocked off or booked. Is that possible or are they doing renovations?

Shouldn't be any renovations since it's a brand new facility. I have never booked through them directly, so I'm not sure the reason it shows no availability. Hmmm...have you tried booking through an owner or Expedia?

Has anyone used their shuttle? I know... I know everyone says that having a car makes the most sense, but we would REALLY like a shuttle. We have 4 small kids and it saves sanity.

Anyone? I have looked into this resort in the past and am interested, but we keep ending up staying onsite.

Thanks!
The shuttle is ok. The buses run every half hour and one goes to mk and epcot while the other goes to AK and DHWS. The afternoon is terrible though. They don't have buses until about 3 (there is a big break in between) But we have found that all the drivers are nice. If you don't need to come back in the middle of the day the shuttles are fine. But make sure that you bring your schedule. sometimes you can hop on the monorail and go from a different park to go yoom at any time. The shuttle is not continuous. I hope this helps:confused3

We have booked a 3 bdrm lockoff at Cypress Point Resort, I have asked for ground floor pool side(Is that a good one to pick?). I hope so, regardless, if the weather co-operates, and the everything is good at the resort, I am ok with that. You made me feel much better though. I have 2 girls 8 & 9, they loved Bonnet Creek, but we did do a drive through of CPR and do really like it is location. Especially when we are so close to Downtown Disney, and Goofy's Candy Company, rice krispie, with white,dark & milk choc, with caramel drizzle!!

As I said earlier, we stayed at CPGV, but I think they're pretty similar. The 3BR would be huge. We had ground floor poolside, and we really liked it. I think you'll have two patios too (one off the lockoff and one off the 2BR).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter