The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone know where I could get a copy of the menu/prices for the new pool bar...Escudo's?

Great pictures and a terrific review! We also love Bonnet Creek and will be there again in February! Can't wait!

Totally agree with you on the food options...wish they had more. But at least they have a new pool bar (very important you know).

We are a family of five and you really cannot beat the resort, price or location. I also love that I can pack way less and come home with clean clothes since there are washer/dryers in the unit. Just throw a load in the morning and dry it at night.

We've been lucky enough to have fireworks views in the past that were so good that my kids would lay in their beds and watch them at both Epcot and MK if they didn't want to "walk" to the balcony. How spoiled are they?

Is the dancing lady still at the gate? She is certainly very welcoming!

Thanks for the great review! Love hearing about other people's experiences!

Hey, we'll be there in February also. The 4th to the 7th (just a short stay). We arrive in Orlando on the 3rd, but there were no 2-bedrooms available on the 3rd, so for that one night, we are staying at the Hyatt at the airport, which works out well, as our flight into Orlando that evening, doesn't get in until late.

Sure hope the weather warms up before then! Hope you and your family have a great time!!

Here are the resort maps. The first one is old and not all buildings are shown. They used to call the buildings by numbers, and now they are by names. The second one is more accurate. Building 1 is Torre de la Tierra and that is where we stayed both times. Also, they had no completed the buildings or pools on the far right side of the complex. I don't know their estimated date of completion. Anyone?

57686.jpg

BC%20Resort%20Map.gif

Here are the floorplans from bonnetcreek.com. More pictures on their website.

1 bedroom. Looks very spacious!

main.php

2 bedroom/2 bath. It's really a huge place.

main.php

3 bedroom/2 bath

main.php

4 bedroom/4 bath

main.php

According to Ken's rental agreement, if you cancel at least 20 days out, you get your money back minus $99. If you cancel closer to your trip, you forfeit your entire rental amount.

I just booked our reservation for February, today. They told me that we could cancel up to 72 hours in advance, and still get a full refund. Anything after 72 hours, then we forfeit the entire amount.

I called the BCR direct and made the reservation, so maybe it depends on who you book your reservation with.

I really enjoyed looking at your photos. It looks like a great place!!

I went to their website to check out availability in late August/early Sept. and it's showing it blocked off or booked. Is that possible or are they doing renovations?

What website were you looking at? The owner's website still has a lot of availability for that timeframe.

If you were at Bonnetcreek . com that is a privately owned website an owner maintains and the availability there is what the owner has booked and available for rent.

If you were to rent directly from an owner there is still a lot to choose from for that time period; however, this far out you most likely will not get as good of a deal.

In hindsight, don't you think they should of made that parking garage underground?
Only if your car can double as a submarine---the water table in central Florida is *very* close to ground level---that's why Magic Kingdom is built on the "second floor"---the utliidors are at ground level, because building it underground would mean they would be permanently flooded. ;)

I went to their website to check out availability in late August/early Sept. and it's showing it blocked off or booked. Is that possible or are they doing renovations?
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is entirely a timeshare property---rentals are available only if owners do not book their time, or owners turn over their time to the company to rent out for them. It will be much easier to book directly from an owner.

I just booked our reservation for February, today. They told me that we could cancel up to 72 hours in advance, and still get a full refund. Anything after 72 hours, then we forfeit the entire amount.

I called the BCR direct and made the reservation, so maybe it depends on who you book your reservation with.

Did you call the number on the map posted on here? I may call them to see what the rate with them is.

I'm sure if you book through them directly there is greater leeway in the cancelation of a trip. But you will get a better rate going through an owner. It's a trade-off really.

Would anyone know where I could get a copy of the menu/prices for the new pool bar...Escudo's?

If you can wait til April, I can tell you then! I can tell you now though the other pool bar had very limited foods. They had a cooler with some items like sandwiches, but also hot pizza you could call and order or wait there for. I hope Escuado's has a wider variety.

Thanks so much for the pictures and information. I am interested in trying this resort out this summer. We have always been onsite (2 value rooms/ Swan Dolphin) This year DS would like to ask his girlfriend to join us and I think the extra room (and privacy) would be a good idea! I am a little nervous about renting from an owner. What is the risk involved? Can they take the check and then not book the room?

If you are interested in renting. I highly recommend Ken Price. http://www.vacationupgrades.com

He is great to work with.

Does he rent the 3 and 4 br also? When I look under pricing it just lists 1 and 2 br. We would need 2 br unless we have family that comes along too....

What about his cancellation policy? I didnt see anything about it on his site. I am probably missing things, though. Thanks

I am a little nervous about renting from an owner. What is the risk involved? Can they take the check and then not book the room?

There is risk involved. The owner has the power to change the name the reservation is under at anytime or to even cancel the reservation. If the owner has outstanding fees owed you can be denied your check in.

The owner runs the risk of the renter trashing the place and skipping out on the damages and he/she gets stuck with this bill.

There are a lot of owners out there who have been doing it for awhile that I'm sure you can find a trustworthy person to rent from.

Does he rent the 3 and 4 br also? When I look under pricing it just lists 1 and 2 br. We would need 2 br unless we have family that comes along too....

What about his cancellation policy? I didnt see anything about it on his site. I am probably missing things, though. Thanks

I sent you a PM

I would like to know the same thing. Also, does anyone know how far out you should book. I am needing a place for Dec, but I am in a fix. I want to stay here unless Disney offers free dining, (which they prob wont) because that would save me even more. I can't remember when it was offered this year but I believe it was in July or August. Do you think if I waited that long to book they would still have rooms?

I would like to know the same thing. Also, does anyone know how far out you should book. I am needing a place for Dec, but I am in a fix. I want to stay here unless Disney offers free dining, (which they prob wont) because that would save me even more. I can't remember when it was offered this year but I believe it was in July or August. Do you think if I waited that long to book they would still have rooms?

When we went Christmas week last year, I booked through ebay the first of December.

We're planning on going next December too (the week leading up to Christmas). Right now, my intention is to stay at Bonnet Creek, but I probably won't start looking until the summer.

I would think so, but it depends on when in December you want to go.

I am still trying to decide, but I know it will not be the week before or after Christmas. I am looking at one of the two weeks after Thanksgiving.

There was free dining offered 9/27/09-12/17/09 according to Mousesavers historical discounts page. It was first able to be booked 7/24 for Disney visa cardholders and 7/27 for the general public. That is kind of what I was wondering about too. Free dining may sway me back to property. The end of July is way too late for me to be booking something comfortably for Thanksgiving week. I like to have things set way ahead of time:thumbsup2

What to do..What to do!!!

He does book 3 bedrooms...in two weeks we're going to stay in one that we are renting through him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter