The Timeshare Store timeline

Thank you and thank you! It's on my calendar to start stalking them! I'm so antsy. Everything is booked except for our room (a little risk on my part, but we'll find something!)
I think I've heard of people calling on day 10 but with limited luck. Also call back if the CM isn't very cooperative. Some seem to be more willing to give out info than others. I was very antsy as well because we were only 2 days from our VGC dates opening up to everyone at 7 months. Thankfully it all worked out, whew! Hope you have luck in yours as well!

I think I've heard of people calling on day 10 but with limited luck. Also call back if the CM isn't very cooperative. Some seem to be more willing to give out info than others. I was very antsy as well because we were only 2 days from our VGC dates opening up to everyone at 7 months. Thankfully it all worked out, whew! Hope you have luck in yours as well!

That's reassuring and I'm no stranger to calling more than once to get a better CM! I can work the WDW system well but the DVC system is so new to me that it's nervewracking!

That's reassuring and I'm no stranger to calling more than once to get a better CM! I can work the WDW system well but the DVC system is so new to me that it's nervewracking!
We recorded 6/1 but weren't in the system until 6/22, then points weren't in until 6/23. Patience is definitely a virtue at this point but start trying at 10-12 days. 800-800-9800 option 3 then option 4

Notified yesterday of closing on our BLT re-sale contract that went to RORF approx. May 15. Unfortunately, with an August UY, we lost 210 pts because we could not get access in time to bank the 2014 pts by 8/1. (DVC would not allow prior owner to bank pts because he was in default on his mortgage.) :sad::sad::sad:

Notified yesterday of closing on our BLT re-sale contract that went to RORF approx. May 15. Unfortunately, with an August UY, we lost 210 pts because we could not get access in time to bank the 2014 pts by 8/1. (DVC would not allow prior owner to bank pts because he was in default on his mortgage.) :sad::sad::sad:
UG, so sorry! That is a ridiculously long time to wait, too! We closed last week on our contract that went to ROFR on June 14. Did the default situation make everything take longer as well?

Kathy, sorry to hear about your troubles with the resale. FYI, for the future, you only have until the end of the eighth month (I think it is 8, but definitely not more than 9) to bank points. So the deadline to bank those points was past even before you went to ROFR. Your only hope would have been to actually TRAVEL by 8/1.

Kathy, sorry to hear about your troubles with the resale. FYI, for the future, you only have until the end of the eighth month (I think it is 8, but definitely not more than 9) to bank points. So the deadline to bank those points was past even before you went to ROFR. Your only hope would have been to actually TRAVEL by 8/1.

Usually, that would be the case, but sometimes exceptions are made for new owners who receive unbanked points. We were told that we could use a one-time exception and bank the points if we could get access to them by 7/31, unfortunately, we could not.

Hi, Vacation Kathy! Sorry to hear about the loss of points. I'm wondering if you can tell me when your BLT contract cleared ROFR? I have the date it was sent to ROFR, and I see from your posts that you have closed, but I don't see when it cleared ROFR. Just trying to track ROFR stats for fellow members!

Thanks,
RobbW

We finished the process for our add-on VGC contract today! So glad we got these before the VGC points started skyrocketing in the last 1-2 months.

Offer accepted 6/12/15

Sent to ROFR 6/14/15

ROFR passed 7/10/15

Estoppel around 8/14/15 (never given exact date)

Closing documents received 8/18/15

Closed 8/27/15

Recorded 8/27/15 (showed up on Orange County CA website on 9/2/15)

Points added to membership 9/8/15

Hip hip hooray! Now to do some planning for a 2016 trip. We go in November for our first DVC trip--so excited!

For our purchase of 160 SSR points, our timeline has been:

7/6- Offer Accepted
7/8 - Sent to ROFR
8/4- Passed ROFR
8/25- Received closing documents
9/4- Closed - Sent to clerk to be recorded
9/9- Showed up on OC comptroller website
??- New membership number in the mail

I am impatiently waiting for that member number! We are ready to book!
Too bad I'm not reading much success with calling member services for your number lately...

For our purchase of 160 SSR points, our timeline has been:

7/6- Offer Accepted
7/8 - Sent to ROFR
8/4- Passed ROFR
8/25- Received closing documents
9/4- Closed - Sent to clerk to be recorded
9/9- Showed up on OC comptroller website
??- New membership number in the mail

I am impatiently waiting for that member number! We are ready to book!
Too bad I'm not reading much success with calling member services for your number lately...
Wow, it probably seems really long to you, but that went quite quickly compared to most of the timelines I have seen recently (including mine). Hope you get your member # soon! Even though there seems to have been less success on the phone, there have been some people who have succeeded, so it doesn't hurt to try. :flower1:

Yes.. After reading through lots of threads, We feel pretty fortunate with our timeline. We kept waiting to hit a snag and get held up.
I will probably try to keep the lucky streak going by giving member services a call.. I wonder how long I should wait to start buzzing them?
Thank you for the reply! Good Luck to you!

Yes.. After reading through lots of threads, We feel pretty fortunate with our timeline. We kept waiting to hit a snag and get held up.
I will probably try to keep the lucky streak going by giving member services a call.. I wonder how long I should wait to start buzzing them?
Thank you for the reply! Good Luck to you!
I think I heard 10 days before starting--after the recording date. I called I believe on day 12 with our first contract in April and everything was there and the CM gave me member # and all I needed. We just had our points added yesterday on our 2nd contract, so we are done! :cool1: Our contract closed 8/27, showed up on the website (CA Orange County--VGC contract) on 9/2 with the date of 8/27. We didn't need to wait for the member # because we added on the same resort and UY, so it was just added on to the same membership.
Getting info on the phone seems to depend completely on the CM you get. Luck of the draw pretty much, although it does seem like the success rate is declining. :sad1: I would just keep trying and be super gracious on the phone. :-) Good luck--you are so close to the end no matter which way it happens!:goodvibes

We received our member # in the mail today (which didn't matter because it was an add-on to the same membership #):
Offer accepted 6/12/15

Sent to ROFR 6/14/15

ROFR passed 7/10/15

Closed 8/27/15

Member # in the mail 9/17/15

We received our member # in the mail today (which didn't matter because it was an add-on to the same membership #):
Offer accepted 6/12/15

Sent to ROFR 6/14/15

ROFR passed 7/10/15

Closed 8/27/15

Member # in the mail 9/17/15
Wow, you're at the end of your journey! Congrats :)!

DVC newbie here!

Just in the early stages...
Offer Accepted - 09/22
Sent to ROFR - 09/23

We've chosen to pay our deposit by credit card and returned the authorisation form on 09/23 - can anyone confirm when the deposit will be taken? Would it have been taken on 09/23 and is just taking a couple of days to show on my account?

We've chosen to pay our deposit by credit card and returned the authorisation form on 09/23 - can anyone confirm when the deposit will be taken? Would it have been taken on 09/23 and is just taking a couple of days to show on my account?
Been 4 days since the auth form was submitted now - any ideas?

Also just noticed the listing has vanished from the website now - is that normal once a sale has gone to ROFR?

Been 4 days since the auth form was submitted now - any ideas?

Also just noticed the listing has vanished from the website now - is that normal once a sale has gone to ROFR?
Our listing was taken off the website as soon as they received our signed contract. Sorry can't help with cc as I mailed a check. The fee for the cc was more than I wanted to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter