Split Stay Question

Here's a few other things that came to mind
  • On moving day, bell services can transfer luggage to next location. If you have a vehicle, maybe not a big deal.
  • 2025 has a perk on check-in day - free waterpark promo. I think you mentioned on moving day you have a park day planned, maybe a free waterpark day could extend the value of your park tickets!
  • You mentioned the kid likes Cars. I think for a few bucks more you could get a cars suite. That does mean you will all be in the same room, but there is a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms... so you'd have more space to spread out.
Good Luck, Have fun!

Last edited:
I have just booked the Little Mermaid rooms. I'm not wild at all about where they are located but I also understand I can't have everything either. We have just changed our dates to the last week of January. It seemed like there might be too many events going on in February for us.
Why not Pop Century? It's also on the Skyliner and any room there is going to be closer to food and transportation than at AoA (Little Mermaid room). They are usually a little less cost wise, too. You can still walk over to AoA if you want to see the theming. Good luck with the split stay, hope it works out!

Why not Pop Century? It's also on the Skyliner and any room there is going to be closer to food and transportation than at AoA (Little Mermaid room). They are usually a little less cost wise, too. You can still walk over to AoA if you want to see the theming. Good luck with the split stay, hope it works out!
Another consideration: The LM rooms at AOA are furthest from the Skyliner and the Bus Stops. You can get much closer to those at POP, even if you reserve a "preferred" room there.

I'd look at it from this viewpoint: You'll be busing to MK 3 days from AoA (not stroller friendly). If not park hopping on the HS / Epcot days - not a lot of benefit of Skyliner but it's easier to navigate with the toddler..

I understand cost perspective but a Monorail resort would be more convenient to MK, only use the bus twice.
(HS, Epcot days). WL is definitely daily bus not knowing January weather to boat.

Now if your planning on a mid day break for the four year old then stick with your original thoughts. Four adults can cover the four year old's park needs.

I agree with the suggestions of getting 2 rooms at Pop. My stay last year in the LM rooms was a once and done. For me the long walk to the food court and skyliner was not exaggerated. In comparison I have stayed in probably the furthest room in buildings 2 and 7 at Pop and the walk to the food court and skyliner was shorter at lead to me. And if you make your only room request connecting rooms and have it noted traveling with on each reservation you have a good chance of request being granted. There are quite a few connecting rooms at Pop. Go to the Pop Century thread and you will see what I am talking about. @scrappinontario has provided a wealth of helpful information. Oh and the LM rooms are well themed and AOA is a great resort but IMHO I think Pop would work too.

DIL is totally in favor of a split stay. Since she is going to be doing most of the work and she understands how it works, she is all in. She has never been to DW and she is so excited. I've told her everything I know and various opinions, and she still wants to do it. I honestly think we will be ok. We will be at one of the parks as soon as we have everything packed up and wont be heading back to our room until dark or closing of the park we will be in. I also use packing cubes so I am hopeful that all will go well. Hey, if it doesn't, then lesson learned, right??
You should be fine then. Esp. using packing cubes. I would suggest color coding them for each resort for an extra bit of organization. I have packing for split stays down to a science and that’s probably half the battle, take care of your dirty clothes as you go with a laundry bag and you’ll have nothing to pack for moving day except toiletries.

I'd look at it from this viewpoint: You'll be busing to MK 3 days from AoA (not stroller friendly). If not park hopping on the HS / Epcot days - not a lot of benefit of Skyliner but it's easier to navigate with the toddler..

I understand cost perspective but a Monorail resort would be more convenient to MK, only use the bus twice.
(HS, Epcot days). WL is definitely daily bus not knowing January weather to boat.

Now if your planning on a mid day break for the four year old then stick with your original thoughts. Four adults can cover the four year old's park needs.
We will be at WL while we use our 3 days at MK. The AofA would be the last part of our stay which is when we will visit AK,HS and Epcot.

Yes its definitely two separate reservations but you will have one flight...just put the dates of travel and the first confirmation number... you should not have to break up your travel protection... we flew to Italy stayed at 6 different hotels, 1 flight, 1 travel Protection plan

The reason I was considering a split stay was several reasons. WL for proximity to MK for 3 days, AoA also for proximity of Epcot and HS and also for the immersion of Disney. Grandson loves Cars. Also, I am trying to save a few $$$$
Split stays can be a great way to experience 2 resorts and we do it often if we are there longer that 7 or more days. Saving money is a great reason too! As other mentioned, you will be without a room the day you check out and in to your new resort and you will have to pack and your bags, so that's the down side, but with a good moving day plan, you can make it work. The upside is being closer to the parks you want to visit as well as experiencing a whole new resort which make s the stay a little less stale. On our move day, we will check out and go to a park for the day or go to Disney Springs for a good chunk of the day until our new room is ready. Hope any of this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter